PDA

View Full Version : Sharing washer & dryer hookups for water changes

db2inst1
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
As the subject says, i am just trying to use both the hot & cold water lines for water changes. Wondering if someone can help me with some pics and any suggestions on best way to do it?

Also will it be a good idea to use the washer drain for waste water from the tank after water change?

Thanks
Visu

DiscusOnly
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
As the subject says, i am just trying to use both the hot & cold water lines for water changes. Wondering if someone can help me with some pics and any suggestions on best way to do it?

Also will it be a good idea to use the washer drain for waste water from the tank after water change?

Thanks
Visu

I added this valve to my utility sink for mixing hot and cold water.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027SBVMY

You should be fine draining tank water into the w/d standpipe.

Darrell Ward
04-22-2010, 04:51 PM
In the garden centers of home improvement centers like Lowes and Home Depot, you can find brass 3 way garden hose valves. Hook one end of the valve to the faucet, one to the washer, and one will be a hose for changing water. Each outlet on the three way has it's own shut off. Makes it real easy. Put one 3 way valve on the hot, and one on the cold. Run 2 pieces of hose to the hot and cold, and connect the 2 hoses at the other end with a tee and ball valve to control flow and shut off. Instant mixing valve with shut offs. Be sure to use the brass 3 ways and not plastic. The plastic ones are crap, and leak.

db2inst1
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks Darrel & Vlam. Really helped me start in the right path.

Will keep you posted on progress.