PDA

View Full Version : Jehmco/Ranco heater controllers

tcfish
05-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Well I thought these were the best heater controllers you could get for the money.Don't feel the same anymore worked great for about 3 years .I have two on too different systems, unplugged them last summer as I did not need them, plugged them back in this winter and I get the E2 reading which means your screwed.Went to their web site[Ranco] and they say if you get a E2 reading your memory is fried and you need a new controller.Which made me raise an eyebrow why they have to actually put a code in there to tell you the controller is fried.I did some searching around and found this is a problem for others also.I found a lot of info on the home brew/keganator boards.Seems pretty crappy that both of mine screwed up at the same time.I did do some suggested tweaking like going from Fahrenheit to Celsius but I cannot get one to go over 79 and the other one has a mine of its own it might work for awhile then goes into E2 error mode.
Does anyone know of a good heater controller out there? I did check out some commercial units but the price tag was --how can I say it --OUCH!!!!

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I believe we carry Process Technology controllers at AES. What size heater was the unit controlling?

-Ryan

tcfish
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey Ryan 1000 watt titaniums

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/3023/Heater-Controllers

NA15D would work. Not sure how your current heater hooks into the controller, so there may be some minor wiring involved, but shouldnt be too hard.

-Ryan

Darrell Ward
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
A lot of "homebrewers" use controllers made by Johnson Controls. http://www.energysavingcontrols.com/Johnson-Controls-A419GBF-1C-Electronic-Temp-Control-P97.aspx

allan_mark76
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Their CRAP as I've had the same problems and needs to be repaired. My controller is now a paintball target.

~AKA~

tcfish
05-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks Ryan Will check it out,Thanks Darrel ,I read about the johnson controllers also but I must of pulled up some commercial site as the controllers were different and expensive. I like the prices on that site and all the Gizmos they have on the site will check out.
Allen that is the problem with these controllers if you get the E2 code pop up there is supposedly no fix,mine will make a nice door stop!!