PDA

View Full Version : Banquet

yim11
05-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to mention to anyone that may be on the fence regarding the banquet that if you wait you may not be able to get a ticket.

I've seen situations in the past where people opted not to get a banquet ticket then when all their friends go they try to get a last minute and can't. (ask Randy about it from ACA09 LOL).

The banquet is more than just the meal - it is seeing which fish won each class, the people choice award, best in show, it's about hearing Hans speak, seeing pics of the Stendker facilities you may never see anywhere else, and also our own local celebrity discus keeper Ron Jackson.

So if you weren't sure if you wanted to go to the banquet I strongly suggest you do, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks,
-jim

Eddie
05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Its a good thing I paid for mine Jim! No use in not experiencing the entire thing, especially if your coming from far away (like Japan). LOL

Can't wait man! All the best!

Eddie

korbi_doc
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Just remember JIm, that was the ACA....many more ppl & groups & awards then, not many discus keepers....this will be all of us together...do we know what the # is so far of ppl intending to attend the meeting?? & how many do plan to attend the banquet??

How 'bout it John/Jim...who is keeping track??

Inquiring minds want to know, lol....from one who has a room, no flight yet...& the banquet??

Dottie ;)

2075turner
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
got my tickets for the whole thing, like Eddie said...why travel all that way not to attend everything

yim11
05-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Dottie,

We are keeping track of it, but it's constantly changing! Even as I type this reply Jerry just sent me another registration to add (Thanks Larry!). We've had to add room allocations at the hotel 3 times now, and I expect we will have to do it at least 1 more time.

We've got 50 or so registered, and another 20 or so committed. Plus whatever local walk ins we get. Banquets are running about 1/2 that.

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else! Anything we can do to help just ask.

Thanks,
-jim

Just remember JIm, that was the ACA....many more ppl & groups & awards then, not many discus keepers....this will be all of us together...do we know what the # is so far of ppl intending to attend the meeting?? & how many do plan to attend the banquet??

How 'bout it John/Jim...who is keeping track??

Inquiring minds want to know, lol....from one who has a room, no flight yet...& the banquet??

Dottie ;)

yogi
05-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Here is why there will only be a limited number of last minute banquet tickets. We have to give the hotel the banquet count by a certain date. I'll have to check the contract to see what that date is. We will make the number a little higher than what we sold to accommodate some last minute tickets. But when the hotel says you reached your number we will have to cut it off.