PDA

View Full Version : NADA show COUNTDOWN!!!!

Eddie
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
WOOHOOO! Lets see some excitement up in here! Can you say 9 more days! I'm THRILLED!!!!! :bounce:

Eddie

Disgirl
06-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I wish I could go. But you all have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures to show the rest of us!
Barb:)

yim11
06-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm excited!!! But more busy than ever now. Just got done with the gift bags and am very impressed, a lot really great Sponsors and vendors made very generous donations.

The original bags we had ended up being too small, with all the product donated we had to go back and get larger (much nicer) bags.

The actual fish show itself is going to be incredible! It's gearing up to be a contest between some of Simplys most popular Sponsors vs the hobbyists vs what I like to call the 'wild card fish' - people with great collections that lay low online, not many posts or pics, but show up with amazing fish. We have some wild cards in the game I can assure you. :p

There will be plenty of fish for sale during the show and at the auction so it's a great time to get high quality fish at a good price.

It's not too late to come join us for a long weekend in Texas to meet some great people, see amazing fish, get priceless info, and have a cold drink!

It's going to be a great time! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

-jim

John_Nicholson
06-02-2010, 09:47 AM
The only thing that I know for sure is that the people that don't make it are going to regret it tremendously. Don't be in that group. Life is too short sometimes to think about the next one, you need to seize this opportunity before it slips away.

Man I am pumped. Been trying to finish the fish house, work on show stuff, oh and did I mention the big project at work......Hell who needs sleep....LOL

See ya'll there!

-john

ZX10R
06-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Wish I could go I would love to meet some of the people from here and see all the awesome fish on show. But I have to attend a friends wedding that weekend so maybe next time. Hope everyone has a blast can't wait to see some of the pictures from that weekend. Just not any of the pics from all the late night partying :)

Eddie
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Barb and ZX, would have been great to meet you.

Don't worry ZX, we'll take some good video footage of the late night partying! LOL Just kidding.....maybe LOL

Tad
06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Wish that I could have attended this year inaugural show!

Heck meeting Nicholson in person is worth the price of a admission to Texas :D

Have a great show everyone,
Tad

ZX10R
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Barb and ZX, would have been great to meet you.

Don't worry ZX, we'll take some good video footage of the late night partying! LOL Just kidding.....maybe LOL

Is Mike Tyson going to be in town with his lion? I might not want to miss it then :D

vera
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Is Mike Tyson going to be in town with his lion? I might not want to miss is then :D

No only Arnold LOL

Have great time guys even for us non goers :o:)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/cttwarnock/misc/Capture.jpg

csarkar001
06-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Eddie:

are you going to the show in dallas? if so, i'd like to meet you finally after all the help you have given me these past two years. i'll be at the show on saturday probably all day and also the banquet dinner.

chandan

deepflyball
06-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Lets get down. Cant wait to meet a lot of people from simply. And lay back talk,see,and enjoy the most sexy fish in the world.

Jerry

brewmaster15
06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Eddie:

are you going to the show in dallas? if so, i'd like to meet you finally after all the help you have given me these past two years. i'll be at the show on saturday probably all day and also the banquet dinner.

chandan

Hey Chandan!

Be great seeing another CT hobbyist there....I thought I was the only one going:) Looking forward to talking with you again!

-al

csarkar001
06-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Al, for everything this forum has done for my hobby, i am happy to buy you a beer at the show.

chandan

brewmaster15
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Al, for everything this forum has done for my hobby, i am happy to buy you a beer at the show.

chandan
and I am Happy to accept!!:)

Thanks Chandan!

-al

Eddie
06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Heck yeah I'm going, wouldn't miss it for the world! Can you say 8 more days!!!!! I'm PUMPED!!!!! Not like Arnold, but pumped. :D

Eddie

Larry Bugg
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I know I am pumped. This is going to be one heck of a weekend.

Well not this weekend but you know what I mean. lol

yim11
06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I know I am pumped. This is going to be one heck of a weekend.

Well not this weekend but you know what I mean. lol

What Bugman doesn't realize is new Board members get to buy the other BODs a round!

LOL!

2075turner
06-02-2010, 09:02 PM
So any line up of what happening yet? Or is it just a bunch of us getting together and having beers while looking at some discus, lol:p

Of which is fine with me:D

yim11
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
So any line up of what happening yet? Or is it just a bunch of us getting together and having beers while looking at some discus, lol:p

Of which is fine with me:D

I personally prefer the beer and looking at fish option :D but we do have a schedule of events:

Thur 8am-3pm set up show tanks
Thur 3pm-10pm tanks available for show fish.
Friday 6:30pm John Nicholson
Friday 8pm Tony Silva
Friday 9:30pm Marc Weiss
Sat. 9am Dick Au
Sat 10:30am Speaker Round table
Sat 1:30pm Al Sabetta
Sat 3:30pm Phil Edwards
Sat 7pm Banquet/Ron Jackson/Discus Hans
Sun show fish out of tanks by 9am. Auction 10am.

http://www.discus2010.com/showevents.html

See you soon!

Txredneck
06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Looks good
I will be there on Thus. to help set up the tanks
Are we havin Breakfeast Thurs. am ?

Eddie
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Man, I was hoping to arrive early to help set-up but I'm not arriving until 3:30 pm on Thursday. Its all good, I'm sure there will be something for me to do.....like look at all them beautiful fish! :D

Larry Bugg
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
What Bugman doesn't realize is new Board members get to buy the other BODs a round!

LOL!

You could probably twist my arm......

Man, I was hoping to arrive early to help set-up but I'm not arriving until 3:30 pm on Thursday. Its all good, I'm sure there will be something for me to do.....like look at all them beautiful fish! :D

Dang Eddie, I can't get there till lunch time Friday. You will have plenty of time before I get there to pick out which ones I am going to take home with me.

Eddie
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
You could probably twist my arm......

Dang Eddie, I can't get there till lunch time Friday. You will have plenty of time before I get there to pick out which ones I am going to take home with me.

Hey, I'd be honored since I won't be taking any myself. ;) Plus I'll have that extra day to chillax and enjoy the cold ones. LOL

Eddie
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
7 more days! Man and its gonna BLAZING hot over there during the Show, over 100F!!!! :fried:

Ed13
06-03-2010, 09:46 PM
LOL Eddie your making ME anxious and I'm not even going!:p

Have a great time bud!:bandana:

Alok
06-03-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL Eddie your making ME anxious and I'm not even going!:p

I know, it is like "why am I not going?" :)

It would have been great to meet everyone personally...but have fun guys!

Eddie Wells
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
7 more days! Man and its gonna BLAZING hot over there during the Show, over 100F!!!! :fried:

Eddie Man it rained all day in Texas Today and never got over 76 degrees ! ;)
So the humidity will be just right for you guys !!!!!

gwrace
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Yep temps here have been in the upper 80's with some decent rains. Everything is nice and green....:D

Hope everyone has a great time in the great state of Texas!!

Larry Bugg
06-03-2010, 10:27 PM

LOL Eddie, who plans on being outside anyway. Air conditioning in the hotel so no worries.

Eddie
06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
LOL Eddie, who plans on being outside anyway. Air conditioning in the hotel so no worries.

Yeah but I got to get to the hotel from the Airport. Its gonna be like a flambe!

brewmaster15
06-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm really looking forward to this show guys... Theres people I've known for years now and never met in person that I'll be getting to meet face to face.. What an opportunity..... talk about getting pumped.. .. got to be close to 15 years now for some like John Nicholson and Mat aka shinshin for me thru forums.:)

-al

Eddie
06-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to this show guys... Theres people I've known for years now and never met in person that I'll be getting to meet face to face.. What an opportunity..... talk about getting pumped.. .. got to be close to 15 years now for some like John Nicholson and Mat aka shinshin for me thru forums.:)

-al

I know! Mat is definite for meeting. I remember he used to get this [] close to getting banned. Seemed like you and him would get into it pretty good back in the day. LOL :D It will definitely be a great experience to meet all of the folks from Simply!

Eddie

Willie
06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
...Heck meeting Nicholson in person is worth the price of a admission to Texas :D ...

Actually Tad, he's just a little scrawny guy that likes to play dress up. :p

Willie

John_Nicholson
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM
LOL....Willie you are so wrong.....

If you think Mat can push Al's buttons you should have seem me back in the old days.....I am at least a little bit responsible for Al starting Simply I would imagine.....We had some pretty good "debates" back in the day.....

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. It will be great and Eddie the heat has not been too bad so far this year. Remember the hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport and I am sure it has A/C.

-john

Eddie
06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
LOL....Willie you are so wrong.....

If you think Mat can push Al's buttons you should have seem me back in the old days.....I am at least a little bit responsible for Al starting Simply I would imagine.....We had some pretty good "debates" back in the day.....

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. It will be great and Eddie the heat has not been too bad so far this year. Remember the hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport and I am sure it has A/C.

-john

LOL, I'm sure it will be fine but I do have to actually step out of the airport to get to the shuttle. LOL

I can remember the last time I stepped out of Dallas airport, it was 25 June 1996 and it felt like a sauna! :D

John_Nicholson
06-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Normally out humidity is not bad...unless you are in my fishhouse....

-john

Tad
06-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Actually Tad, he's just a little scrawny guy that likes to play dress up. :p

Willie

Willie,
You know I still have that picture of that scrawny Texan (not everything is big in Texas :D) In his "little blue number" somewhere in my picture library....Dont ask me why I keep it but Im sure Nicholson has something dramatic planned for the NADA Texas meeting :(

Have fun in Texas,
Tad

kitykatfunkiehat
06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay, I totally wish I had joined this forum just a month earlier than I did, so I could've planned this trip out for myself. I really wish I could go and meet everyone! But I'm depending on your guys to take pictures the whooolleee time and post them all here!

Eddie
06-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Okay, I totally wish I had joined this forum just a month earlier than I did, so I could've planned this trip out for myself. I really wish I could go and meet everyone! But I'm depending on your guys to take pictures the whooolleee time and post them all here!

Yup, would have been great to meet ya Jenna!

7 days to go! WOOHOOO...............Can you hear it......the call of the discus....woohoo woohoo!!! LMAO :laugh:

Eddie

kitykatfunkiehat
06-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Eddie, you are going a lil crazy I think. Stop drinking your tank water. :D

rsawest@yahoo.com
06-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I seem to remember someone in a little blue dress and someone who used coconuts very creatively in wardrobe a few years ago in Cincy...

Eddie
06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Eddie, you are going a lil crazy I think. Stop drinking your tank water. :D

LOL, crazy are the ones who believe they are not. I know I am! ;)

yim11
06-04-2010, 10:54 PM
LOL, crazy are the ones who believe they are not. I know I am! ;)

Crazy are the ones not coming to the show!

We had the final meeting with the hotel today and got the open bar extended to *2* hours every day, the gift bags are ready to go, the shirts look incredible, I don't think I've ever seen awards this nice at a show before, and there will be LOTS of fish for sale - and I mean LOTS! Plenty of supplies from a few different vendors as well.

It's going to be a great time!

Eddie
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Crazy are the ones not coming to the show!

ROTFLMAO!!! That was classic Jim! :D

Yup, it will be a historical event for sure! Excited like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Eddie

kitykatfunkiehat
06-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Man, bummin me out. Although I'm really excited for everyone else! And Eddie...at least you admit it.

Eddie
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Man, bummin me out. Although I'm really excited for everyone else! And Eddie...at least you admit it.

Hey...its best to be honest with ourselves. I'm crazier than a $---house rat! :D

oodi
06-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I seem to remember someone in a little blue dress and someone who used coconuts very creatively in wardrobe a few years ago in Cincy...

I remember seeing the pics of the coconuts. It was a very fine use of organic materials in wardrobe.

Eddie
06-05-2010, 08:09 PM
6 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scribbles
06-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm going on Wednesday so that I can fit in some touristy stuff too. Is there somewhere that volunteers can sign up to help set up or whatever?

Chris

John_Nicholson
06-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Just show up and we will put you to work....LOL. We are gettin gthe tanks on Wedesday evening so we can start nice and early on Thursday gettin getting the showrool set up and running.

-john

2075turner
06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Waiting just sucks, just wanted to share:)

Eddie
06-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Waiting just sucks, just wanted to share:)

I know! Takes forever to wait! This is gonna be such an amazing event!

2075turner
06-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Ah...the family lets me down again. Looks like I don't have a baby/dog/fish/house sitter now:mad: I was notified by a third person last night that the person that I had lined up to take care of my kids and everything is now not coming:mad::mad: Gotta just love that. I am now looking for others to help out....my fustration level is rising:mad::mad::mad: No matter what I will be going...not sure about Norm though if things don't work out:(:mad::mad: After all I have bought all my tickets for the both of us as well:(:mad::(

Just wanted to vent:mad::mad::mad:

Still looking forward to the show:)

brewmaster15
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Ah...the family lets me down again. Looks like I don't have a baby/dog/fish/house sitter now:mad: I was notified by a third person last night that the person that I had lined up to take care of my kids and everything is now not coming:mad::mad: Gotta just love that. I am now looking for others to help out....my fustration level is rising:mad::mad::mad: No matter what I will be going...not sure about Norm though if things don't work out:(:mad::mad: After all I have bought all my tickets for the both of us as well:(:mad::(

Just wanted to vent:mad::mad::mad:

Still looking forward to the show:)

Thats a bummer Evelyn! :( Hope things work out there and Norm comes along as well.

-al

Chad Hughes
06-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I've got some bummer news as well. I'll be traveling for work until Friday. The turnaround time for me to get to Dallas is just too tight. I'll not be able to attend this one. Sorry guys and gals! I was totally looking forward to meeting you all. :(

Anyway, I'll be there in spirit. I've sponsored one of the classes, so think of me when the judging goes down! I'll be looking forward to a ton of great pictures, so make sure you all USE your cameras! LOL!

I think the next show shouold be in San Diego. John, I'll work with you on that one if you think you want to go "West Coast" on the next run!

Best wishes to all!

2075turner
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Chad. Will think of you though:) and will have camera in hand as I am getting better at using it:p

San Deigo...that's not near the Canadian/US border:(:p :)

Chad Hughes
06-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear that Chad. Will think of you though:) and will have camera in hand as I am getting better at using it:p

San Deigo...that's not near the Canadian/US border:(:p :)

Yeah Evelyn, I'm pretty bummed by the whole situation. This year has been a relatively light travel year and this cropped up at exactly the wrong time. Thanks for pictures in advance as I am going to have to experience this through your photo documentation.

I realize that San Diego isn't near the border, but the weather is better than Dallas!! :D

Best wishes and safe travels!

2075turner
06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
"I realize that San Diego isn't near the border, but the weather is better than Dallas!! "

LOL:D

John_Nicholson
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Chad this one is easy....On Friday fly straight to Dallas. Let the company pay for your ticket here.

-john

Chad Hughes
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Chad this one is easy....On Friday fly straight to Dallas. Let the company pay for your ticket here.

-john

John,

I'd new you'd have an answer for that! LOL! I'll hitch hike home afterwards. :D

John_Nicholson
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Chad its no problem getting home....They sale one-way tickets everyday...LOL.

Just wanting to meet you is all....

-john

Chad Hughes
06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Chad its no problem getting home....They sale one-way tickets everyday...LOL.

Just wanting to meet you is all....

-john

I hear ya brother!

Best wishes!

Eddie
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear you can't make it Chad, it was a close one for me too but I was able to move my course to later in June.

Man, I'm pumped for this show! Much needed time off and around lots of discus and discus folks!

3 MORE DAYS!!!!! Woohoo!!

Elite Aquaria
06-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Chad,

Sorry to hear you can't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. Anyway I am very pumped for this show. I can't wait...See everyone soon...:D

Discus-Hans
06-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Show???? What show????

Hans

John_Nicholson
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Damn the show must be getting close....Hans is up at 7:00 am......

-john

Chad Hughes
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear you can't make it Chad, it was a close one for me too but I was able to move my course to later in June.

Man, I'm pumped for this show! Much needed time off and around lots of discus and discus folks!

3 MORE DAYS!!!!! Woohoo!!

Yeah, me too Eddie. I can't believe that this entire year I had hardly any travel and this crap pops up at the last minute. It's a real bummer.

Chad,

Sorry to hear you can't make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. Anyway I am very pumped for this show. I can't wait...See everyone soon...:D

Dan,

I was looking forward to meeting you all as well. Next time I guess!

Have fun!

John_Nicholson
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Well tomorrow at 12:00 I leave work to go and get the tanks out of the storage building.....Man I am pumped.

-john

2075turner
06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
So how many tanks are you setting up?

John_Nicholson
06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
We are starting with 96 and can go up in groups of 12.

-john

Eddie
06-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Man John, wish I could have come a few days early to help with the tanks. Will be much better planning on my part for the next show. See you in few days! Finally made it to California and then Thursday I'm off for Dallas.

Take care,

Eddie

2075turner
06-09-2010, 05:34 AM
We are starting with 96 and can go up in groups of 12.

-john

:D

tdiscusman
06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi John,

I'll be out there tomorrow, Thursday to help setup the tanks. Can't wait to meet everyone

Tony

rsawest@yahoo.com
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
A little over 24 overs before I will be in Dallas. I can't wait!

Eddie
06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
1 more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brewmaster15
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Some show related news... for those that have asked...:)

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?p=653107#post653107

see you all soon.

-al

Discus-Hans
06-10-2010, 02:30 AM
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!!!!!!!

Joanne and I are in the Hotel

Monday evening we shipped the "back up" Discus for the show to Charlie Nicholson (family of John lol) they arrived all save & sound in Texas......... THANKS CHARLIE!!!!

We started driving Tuesday morning and 15 hours later we arrived in Heart Break Hotel. Today a few hours in Graceland and an other 8 hour drive to Dallas.

Arrived close to 2300hours Wednesday in the Hotel.

Great Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all dripping in the coming days,

Hans

Larry Bugg
06-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I have a LOT to do today to be ready to fly out in the morning but man am I pumped. This time tomorrow I will be there. Arriving at 9:56.

2075turner
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can't wait!!!!

Eddie
06-10-2010, 05:16 PM
IM HERE! Just made it up to the room! NICE rooms too.

WOOHOO!!!

Discus-Hans
06-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Dinner tonight with John and Family.

Just got back in the room from the bar, had a lot of fun with Liz, Eddy, Al, Ed (MostlyDiscus) RichT, etc etc

Get some sleep and I know we will skip breakfast for sure,

More and more people start to come in, tanks start to fill up, if you don't make it............ there are a bunch of VERY NICE Discus in the show.

Joanne & Hans