PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Pro III - Stream feature Question...

Frankr409
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I am running a 2078 Pro IIIe, and very happy with it. I have recently turned on the stream feature, instead of the constant flow.

Is anyone else using this mode? Any +'s or -'s that anyone has noted if they did?

erikc
06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I have several of these filters.

I've never used the stream function because it seems more adapted to saltwater uses. I have not seen any benefits of this function for keeping discus.

However what I do find usefull is the fact that the flow can be easily adjusted electronically, thus reducing the power consumption of your filter. Think of that when it will be running 24/24 for 15 years ! Thats over 39 420 kW/h for just one filter. At 0.08 euros /kW, that's a saving of over 3 153 euros on just one filter over 15 years (and I have 3 of them) !

Try energy efficent lighting if you really want to make a diffrence on your budget !

Frankr409
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I have several of these filters.

I've never used the stream function because it seems more adapted to saltwater uses. I have not seen any benefits of this function for keeping discus.

However what I do find usefull is the fact that the flow can be easily adjusted electronically, thus reducing the power consumption of your filter. Think of that when it will be running 24/24 for 15 years ! Thats over 39 420 kW/h for just one filter. At 0.08 euros /kW, that's a saving of over 3 153 euros on just one filter over 15 years (and I have 3 of them) !

Try energy efficent lighting if you really want to make a diffrence on your budget !

Thanks for the input, Eric. Not really a money question, I just wondered if anyone found a benefit for Discus at this setting.

I would agree with you though that this filter has a lot of options.