PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks To Dick Au!

brewmaster15
06-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi all,
I'd really like to take some time here to thank Dick Au for his commitment to this Hobby in the USA. I had the pleasure of meeting Dick a year or two back and got to spend a good amount of time this weekend again with him. You'd be hard pressed to find a more dedicated Discus Professional than He is!!! He gets very involved in these events and his presentation are always informative. The way he volunteers his time to judge, speak, and teach at these events is just amazing! Thank you Dick for all you do in the Hobby and have tried to do over the years! If there was an award for BEST DISCUS TEACHER..It'd be yours.:)

The time I spent being trained there by Dick Au in Judging Discus is something I will always remember.... as well as all the one on one talks.....Thanks so much Dick!

Best regards always!

-al

Elite Aquaria
06-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I agree with this comment 110%. I also had the privilege to be trained by Dick during the judging. This was an experience that I will always remember. I second that nomination for BEST DISCUS TEACHER.

rsawest@yahoo.com
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree with Al and Dan, Dick Au is a class act and a true teacher. I've had the pleasure of seeing Dick speak at three conventions, not counting Dallas, and he always gives an informative and entertaining talk. And I highly recommend his excellent books Thank you Dick.

alpine
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Dick Au's lectures have been a " do not miss " in the events I have attended in the last five years . very passionate and knowledgable as well as a very personable teacher ! His dedication to this hobby is almost unmeasurable !

Roberto Munoz

Eddie
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I can honestly say that hearing Dick Au speak has been one of the highlights of my discus keeping life! The information he shared was so invaluable. Not only was it totally engaging, but it was how he presented the information. Dick Au is one of the best public speakers I have ever heard. If anyone ever has a chance to hear him speak, I highly recommend it.

Thanks Dick, you definitely got my vote for BEST DISCUS TEACHER too!

Eddie

Lukan
06-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi All,

Any video from this lecture available at all on line?

Marte

babakaty
06-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I can honestly say that hearing Dick Au speak has been one of the highlights of my discus keeping life! The information he shared was so invaluable. Not only was it totally engaging, but it was how he presented the information. Dick Au is one of the best public speakers I have ever heard. If anyone ever has a chance to hear him speak, I highly recommend it.

Thanks Dick, you definitely got my vote for BEST DISCUS TEACHER too!

Eddie

+1! And so was meeting Eddie, Al, Roberto, Larry, John, etc., etc., from Simply. I have to say that I learned more in 3 days of watching, listening, chatting, than I did in years of reading and experimenting. I think the experience of gathering with such a group is invaluable. As far as Dick Au goes; 50 years of Discus - what else can you say? The man has forgotten more than I'll ever know about the fish. During the whole weekend there wasn't one minute that I wasn't enthralled with what I was hearing. Many thanks to John Nicholson, D'Wyatt, Yim, Jerry, and all the other NADA folks that pulled this off. Thanks also to Willie Loh, Jerry Baer, Al Sabetta and others for being so generous with their time and knowledge and putting up with my ignorance. Don't know when or where the next one will be, but I'll be there, you can count on that! I might even bring fish!

Chad Adams
06-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Absolutely my vote for teacher of the year is "Dick Au"
A great person. A funny man. An awesome teacher.
Many thanks for sharing
Chad

yim11
06-14-2010, 11:38 PM
It was a true honor to meet and learn from Dick Au, he is undoubtedly a wonderful person as well as a very informative teacher and lecturer.

I also want to express my sincere appreciation for Dicks contributions and commitment to this great hobby and especially for his training and information.

Thank you very much,
-jim

Scribbles
06-16-2010, 02:59 AM
It was indeed an incredible experience hearing Dick Au's lectures. He is a gifted and entertaining teacher.

Chris

John_Nicholson
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I have known Dick a lot of years but I never get tired of hearing him speak. He is a great guy.

-john

2075turner
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I too would highly recommend seeing Dick speak if you haven't already. Very informative and entertaining at the same time.

Thank you sooo much Dick for your committment to the hobby and I look forward to seeing you again:)

Evelyn

Discus_KC
06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
All I can say is that if you get a chance to be around Dick Au, become a sponge to his knowledge!!

He has helped me greatly!

Jack

Kingdom Come Discus
06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
It was awesome hearing Dick speak. I have enjoyed his book Trophey Discus very much over the last few years.

Everyone of the speakers were awsome.

I didn't want the show to end, staying up each night till the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks NADA

ShinShin
06-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Dick Au has taught me a lot over the last 10-12 years and he does not even know it. He tutored me in Fort Worth on judging discus, and even while I was judging this year, when we were in close by each other, I would sneak a listen as he tutored his new pupils. It is always a pleasure to listen to him speak on discus.

Mat

LizStreithorst
06-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I didn't have the opportunity to chat with Mr. Au, but he tought me something nonetheless...that I can trust my eye. To me, being able to recognize quality is the most imortant thing. Thank you Dick Au.