PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Products System one pressure filter parts?

babakaty
07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Aquarium Products, Inc. seems to have fallen off the map. I love my System 1 pressure filter, but the drive belt broke the other day, and I can't find anyone selling the filters or the parts anymore :waaa:. Anybody know a source?

babakaty
07-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Anybody?

acroken
07-07-2010, 09:58 AM
i like these filter also but parts and even new filters are becoming scarce. i would try these guys below as they helped me out with replacement cartridges.

http://www.aquariumguys.com/system-1-filter-parts.html

Also Dr frost and smith maybe able to order them for you but no longer listed on web site. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/?ref=4397&subref=AA&mkwid=ShXP98rES|pcrid|4214629071&cmpid=PPC-_-G-_-4397

i would like to hear how you make out with this. i have a few of these filters which are old and could use some refreshing. I do not understand why these filters/parts are so hard to find anymore. IMO the best polishers on the market

Kenny

terps
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Aquarium Products, Inc. seems to have fallen off the map. I love my System 1 pressure filter, but the drive belt broke the other day, and I can't find anyone selling the filters or the parts anymore :waaa:. Anybody know a source?

Sergeants bought out Aquarium Products in 2008.

http://news.sergeants.com/newsrelease-cid-1-id-10006.html

I don't think they make the System 1 anymore. It was the best diatom filter on the market. Maybe contact Sergeants to see if you can get any parts.

babakaty
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks Terps and Ken. I called Sargeant's and they said (after getting disconnected twice :mad:) that the System 1 is discontinued and they do not have a back stock of filters or parts. Customer Service at Dr's Foster and Smith does not have any either. I emailed support at AquariumGuys.com since they do not list a phone# and have yet to hear, but I'm expecting the same answer. I told Sargeants to pass along to their marketing folks that there is still a market for these, it they were to restart production, but I imagine it was a small-volume item to start with. Diatom powder is readily available, and I replaced the cartridge a while back with a polyester micron filter and that works fine, but my drive belt broke and now I'm up a creek. Maybe I can find a substitute somewhere...... Every once in a while I see an old one on Ebay, but they disappear pretty fast. I guess we just have to keep our eyes peeled for used ones. :(

acroken
07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks Terps and Ken. I called Sargeant's and they said (after getting disconnected twice :mad:) that the System 1 is discontinued and they do not have a back stock of filters or parts. Customer Service at Dr's Foster and Smith does not have any either. I emailed support at AquariumGuys.com since they do not list a phone# and have yet to hear, but I'm expecting the same answer. I told Sargeants to pass along to their marketing folks that there is still a market for these, it they were to restart production, but I imagine it was a small-volume item to start with. Diatom powder is readily available, and I replaced the cartridge a while back with a polyester micron filter and that works fine, but my drive belt broke and now I'm up a creek. Maybe I can find a substitute somewhere...... Every once in a while I see an old one on Ebay, but they disappear pretty fast. I guess we just have to keep our eyes peeled for used ones. :(

Peter, let me know what The Aquarium Guys say. i may have a extra belt if they do not come through.

Kenny

babakaty
07-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Peter, let me know what The Aquarium Guys say. i may have a extra belt if they do not come through.

Kenny

Ken, thank you for your kind offer. I'll let you know.

jeff@zina.com
07-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I always though Sergeant's bought them to kill them off. The bad part about all the consolidation in the industry over the years.

Jeff

babakaty
07-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I always though Sergeant's bought them to kill them off. The bad part about all the consolidation in the industry over the years.

Jeff

Agreed. The same thing that has happened with LFS; you either have big box mediocrity or boutique with nosebleed prices....

jeff@zina.com
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Agreed. The same thing that has happened with LFS; you either have big box mediocrity or boutique with nosebleed prices....

Or they all went salt water. :)

Of course, for many, the internet has become the LFS. I never go to a bookstore or video rental place anymore. At least I still patronize my one remaining LFS, even if the prices are higher. The perk is that they can, and will, special order for me.

Jeff

Islesfan
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
http://www.aquatichouse.com/scart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=19&cat=Filter%2BParts

Maybe these guys can help with parts. They seem to have some System 1 parts listed. Hope this helps

babakaty
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks Islesfan, it does help. I ordered some spares from them just for backup. And Ken, I did find a drive belt on Ebay amazingly enough. "beyond rare..." it says in the description. I guess that sums up the state of System 1 spare parts from now on :(