PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think.

fishyj
07-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone, I just finished putting this tank together and would like some ideas on making it look better. This tank is a 55 gallon, with 6 adult discus and 1 panda catfish. I believe all the plants were low light,(thats what I was told). I am looking for ideas on making it look better. I already know that 6 discus in this tank is cramped and I will be reducing the number down to 4. I am just waiting for them to pair off before I do that. Here's a few pictures of the tank.

Jennie
07-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Looks good so far. Taller background plants maybe? depends too if you want more hardscape or planted. theres allot of beautiful tanks members have posted here also. ck them out

3dees
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
I agree. more background plants or more wood. I'm partial to wood. good start though.

kellyqld
07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
more driftwood a large one that would not take much space..maybe in the middle..bigger plant somewhere at the back..and rake a bit of your gravel to give more landscape higher at the rear

Disgirl
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Good start there but I always thought sword plants and anacharis are high light plants. I do know that Java Fern and the Anubias plants will take low light. And they look great growing on wood!
Barb

quarr
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Stand your wood upright... And replace the gravel with sand... So much nicer.

wannafish
07-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello,

When you are starting a new setup or updating one, you kinda
want some feedback right away. I was like that, and I started
browsing Simply. Do that! Read the planted tank and biotope,
or search for pictures. Based upon what I have read I would
change the substrate to pool sand at pool supply store, cheap.
I agree get a big wood or a couple and create a branch like
assembly. Add a couple more swords, maybe an ozelot, for
variety. I got some Heteranthera Zosterfolia, or stargrass and
put it in the background. Easy growing plant, in low light also.
You can also try Hygro Narrow leaf Corombosa. Easy. Check
out aquabid.com for easy prices. Also most people go with
a black background. I was a newbie once!