PDA

View Full Version : Made a Banner...

brewmaster15
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi all,

I figured it was time to put a banner up for Aquaticsuppliers.com so I spent the weekend working on my first animated GIF... what a pain!:( but I guess for my first attempt...not too bad.

What do you all think...Like it ? love it? does it make you want to go fishing?:) The banner is at the top of the page rotating with April's Aquarium. My kids gave it a thumbs up..but I do think they are biased.

I am working on some other ads that will feature my friend the "stylish" blackworm..so you'll see him again.

let me know what you think.. just keep in mind...First timer here and I am NOT a graphics guy...just learning as I go.

Thanks,
al

ZX10R
08-10-2010, 12:59 PM
K, I admit I laughed the first time I seen the dancing worm that is just to funny. But I like it you get :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jennie
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I like it too!

Tofe
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Al,
the worm got my attention, dancing around.:D;) Now you need to work on a discus chasing the worm:):)

Brian

Lukan
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Al,
the worm got my attention, dancing around.:D;) Now you need to work on a discus chasing the worm:):)

Brian

Yes Al,

I like Brian's idea of a Discus chasing the worm.....

Marte

Chad Hughes
08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Al,

Not bad brother!

Send me your GIF file. I'll have the graphics team at Hughes Hatcheries fine tune the animation. :)

Best wishes!

brewmaster15
08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
LOL okay Brian and Marte,
I'll get to work on that one....;):)

Thanks for the feedback !!
-al

Discus-n00b
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
LOL i'll admit, I chuckled too. A good chuckle. You have more skills then me in this thats for sure, can do photoshop all day long but when it comes to animation i'm lost in the sauce. I like it.

vera
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Love it !! + it gets the attention
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Al

scottthomas
08-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Great Job!

DavidH
08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Pretty cool, I like!

brewmaster15
08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey Thanks Everyone! Glad you all like it!:)

-al

April
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
i think hes a very cute worm. i like him. by the way..my fish are almost finished that big bag of worms..you sent with shelleys. gone..poof..and that was between the beefheart . my fish are getting very round..and fat.

brewmaster15
08-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks April!:)

i think hes a very cute worm. i like him. by the way..my fish are almost finished that big bag of worms..you sent with shelleys. gone..poof..and that was between the beefheart . my fish are getting very round..and fat.

Thats great to hear, nothing better than Round,Fat, and Happy Discus!:)

-al

Jennie
08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Well Al, I don't know if it's coincidence or not as it's only been a couple weeks since I ordered bw from you but I'm noticing a growth spurt in my Juvies. Even the little runt looks like he grew a tiny bit, but not like the turks.

brewmaster15
08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Well Al, I don't know if it's coincidence or not as it's only been a couple weeks since I ordered bw from you but I'm noticing a growth spurt in my Juvies. Even the little runt looks like he grew a tiny bit, but not like the turks.
Thats Great Jennie :), and I hope that little runt of yours does put on some size...sometimes it does happen...I have a friend that had a runt for a good 2 years... and then all of a sudden started growing...and actually reached closed to 6 inches.

-al

Jennie
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
One could only hope. He's still a perfectly formed fish, does not have big eyes, can't find anything wrong other than he just won't grow??? Needless to say, I'm still keeping him, he's my little guy:D

Thats Great Jennie :), and I hope that little runt of yours does put on some size...sometimes it does happen...I have a friend that had a runt for a good 2 years... and then all of a sudden started growing...and actually reached closed to 6 inches.

-al

roundfishross
08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
the worm looks just like the ones on the bottom of the sneakers i bought today(the sole is supposed to be biodegradable)i didnt even notice till i got them home and put in the laces. Instantly i thought of the banner:D

you gotta give him a name. lol

Eddie
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I like it alot Al! Noticed it and thought it was pretty cool. It definitely got my attention so its doing a great job as a banner! Nice work.

Take care,

Eddie

brewmaster15
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks Leo and Eddie! Guess the banners doing what it was meant to do then....:)

Appreciate the feedback everyone!

-al