PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond turned black

gabriel_15
08-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Hello sir/madam,

please take a look at my Blue Diamond. After doing all the advices I got from our masters here, my other discus were doing really good now.

However, this Blue Diamond is still dark, sometime tail standing, doesnt eat, patches on body and have minimal tail rot.. Please help me what to do..?

Ive tried salt dip, epsom salt and melafix... Any other advice? I am thinking of using Furan and/or other medicines/././ What do think guys?? Thanks

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/gary_32_photo/IMG_3155.jpg

Eddie
08-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Gabe, responded to your 2 PMs earlier today.

gabriel_15
08-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Thanks Eddie,

I will do what I can to save my fish just as what I did to my albino, who jsut recovered recently from Swim Bladder Disease.

Thanks and God Bless

boxters
08-12-2010, 06:42 AM
this sort of thing only happens to discus if their water conditions are less than ideal. The problem is if these fish are exposed to poor conditions over a long period of time, eventually it effects their internal organs. You cant just throw medication in water and hope for the best. This will just end up killing the fish a lot quicker. This fish should be in an hospital tank by itself. It looks as if this fish has cloudy eyes in the photo, which suggests an internal bacterial infection. Without doing a bacto culture we cant tell wether the bacteria is gram positive or gram negative. for this reason i would reccommend treatment with a broad spectrum antibiotic for 10-12 days. i would use tetracycline hydrochloride available from your vet.

Jennie
08-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Gabriel, I'm so glad you've had some recover from the Meb. treatment! chin up.

this sort of thing only happens to discus if their water conditions are less than ideal. The problem is if these fish are exposed to poor conditions over a long period of time, eventually it effects their internal organs. You cant just throw medication in water and hope for the best. This will just end up killing the fish a lot quicker. This fish should be in an hospital tank by itself. It looks as if this fish has cloudy eyes in the photo, which suggests an internal bacterial infection. Without doing a bacto culture we cant tell wether the bacteria is gram positive or gram negative. for this reason i would reccommend treatment with a broad spectrum antibiotic for 10-12 days. i would use tetracycline hydrochloride available from your vet.

gabriel_15
08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Theres a lot more to do.... little by little,,

Thanks

nc0gnet0
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.tractorsupply.com/livestock/livestock-health/livestock-antibiotics/duramycin-10-soluble-powder-antibiotic-6-4-oz-2206034

personally I prefer oxytetracycline

http://www.tractorsupply.com/livestock/livestock-health/livestock-antibiotics/pfizer-animal-health-liquamycin-la-200-250-ml-2206513

either way no need to go to the vet.

xxbenjamminxx
07-24-2012, 04:08 PM
On that duramycin, how would you dose that? Says one package to 50g equals a 200mg dose. Is that per gallon I'd assume? So if that is correct it dose 500g total with each 10g having a 200mg dose?

Am I thinking right?

Is there a way to make a stock solution or any one know how many grams per 10g of water?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk