PDA

View Full Version : These tough days...

Disgirl
08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I have orders to fill and will be working on them as I can. Last month was my broken kiln, this month I am helping take care of a terminally ill aunt. Traveling is involved, death will be soon, and I just can't say for sure when my current orders will go out. But please be patient again and I will get them made and shipped within the next two weeks, I am hoping. Thanks very much!
Barb

Justice
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I am sorry to hear of that your Aunt is not doing well Barb, I will say a prayer for things to go as best they can under the circumstances for you and your family.

Disgirl
08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I guess I am being tested. Now my husband is very ill and in the hospital. But I can't spend all day at the hospital so I will be making cones as I have time to at home. And my aunt still clings to life in Baltimore. Please be patient with me and I will fill all these orders as soon as possible. Thanks!
Barb

Jennie
08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Barb, don't worry about mine. I only wanted it to see who's who in my tank. I'm in no hurry AT ALL.

Discus-n00b
08-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Barb, best wishes to you and your family. I hope everyone sees better health very soon. I'm sure the Simply folks won't mind. :)

April
08-17-2010, 11:30 PM
sorry to hear about your aunt and husband. im sure everyone will await your beautiful cones. sold all mine almost. very well received by customers.

vera
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
So sorry to hear Barb of yr tough days , dont let it put u down , hope everythings for u will get better

Take care :)

discusmurderer
08-18-2010, 12:49 AM
May the good Lord Bless and keep you barb, I will be saying a prayer for you and yours , bye for now! Daryl....

Discus-Hans
08-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Barb,

forget the cones for a while, you have other things on your mind, people will wait. If you're in Baltimore and need some relax time in front of one of my tanks, I will pull up an extra chair, give me a call if you need me to help with anything here in Balto 443 992 6972 for you 24/7

Hans

CrazyAngels
08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Barb,
The power of prayer is very strong and the troops are rallying for you and your family. So from my family to yours are the very best wishes, that the Lord will guide you and yours through this time of need and allow you the peace and strength required to meet the call. May the Lord's bountiful mercy be upon you all. God bless you as you are an :angel:

From your West Coast friends,

Jorge

Disgirl
08-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. Hans, I may need to sit by your big display tank for awhile one of these days. Thanks for the offer. I am off to the hospital now to visit my husband, they think he has Hepatitis.
Barb:(

ashaysathe
08-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Very very thoughtful of you to think of this given the family needs. WOW.
I am saying send my cone the last. Do not worry about it. My fish breeding is not important given what you have in hand. Put that as the last thing.. take care of family first. Good Luck. Cheers

David Rose
08-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Your visit to your Aunt comes first and I know it's not a short jaunt. Safe trip and best wishes during these tough days my friend! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

If I can help in any way, let me know!

Huge Hugs
David

brewmaster15
08-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. Hans, I may need to sit by your big display tank for awhile one of these days. Thanks for the offer. I am off to the hospital now to visit my husband, they think he has Hepatitis.

Barb,
Hope he's feeling better soon!:( Take care of yourself too though!

-al

Harriett
08-18-2010, 10:32 AM
When it rains, it pours. My best regards to you and your loved ones. Take care of yourself in this situation--if you fall out from stress, you are no good to them. Sleep and take our vitaminC and B vitamins for stress, LOL!!!

Harriett
[a fellow potter from way back!]

dean9922
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
All the best to you and your family. Hope all goes well for you in these tough times....take care...

Disgirl
08-19-2010, 01:42 PM
My aunt passed away Wed. Aug. 18. I will go to her funeral in Balto. then right back home to my ill husband. He needs gallbladder removal when he is in better shape than right now. Today is day 4 in the hospital for him. Please think of us and say a prayer or think a positive thought or two for us. As I said before, tough days for sure! Thank you all for even reading this.

Discus-Hans
08-19-2010, 01:51 PM
My aunt passed away Wed. Aug. 18. I will go to her funeral in Balto. then right back home to my ill husband. He needs gallbladder removal when he is in better shape than right now. Today is day 4 in the hospital for him. Please think of us and say a prayer or think a positive thought or two for us. As I said before, tough days for sure! Thank you all for even reading this.

I'm sorry to hear Barb, again if I can do anything let me know,

Hans

mlov1022
08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Sorry for your loss.

vera
08-19-2010, 03:44 PM
God bless her soul
u all in my parayers and we all here for u Barb
Take care

chaoslite
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Barb,

My prayers are with you.

Mishka

scottthomas
08-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I am sorry for your loss. As others already stated, please dont hurry to make my cones. Take care of your husband and yourself first. I hope all works out for you and husband recovers quickly.

tacks
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Barb sorry to hear of your loss and hope all goes well for your husband. Ed

Eddie
08-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh no Barb, I'm very sorry to hear the news. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. I hope he recovers soon. :(

All my thoughts,

Eddie

dan1
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Barb,

Sorry for the news. We all wish your husband a speedy recover. Please don't work too hard, family first, I am sure folks here can wait.

Take care of yourself,

mugzy213
08-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Barb, I'm sorry for your hard times. I hope things will starting looking up for you. I hope your husband gets well soon!

All the best,

Hal

Disgirl
08-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Time for another update for my SD family here. I do so appreciate you thinking of me and my family. I canceled my trip to Baltimore (sorry Hans) to my aunt's funeral today. My husband is having gallbladder surgery early tomorrow morning. He has been ill for months or longer and we had no idea why, until now. Hope he will be all well soon. Any of you have your gallbladder removed and if so, any advice for us? Thank you all!
Barb

Discus-n00b
08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your aunt Barb, but best wishes to you and especially your husband tomorrow. Looking forward to a healthy happy update!

Disgirl
08-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Matt, that danged gallbladder is still in him. They are working to get him in better shape before surgery. Hopefully it will be soon. He is getting excellent care at our local hosp. thank goodness!
Barb

Jennie
08-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I wish I could help you in some way Barb. So so sorry!

Discus-Hans
08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Good luck to and with hubby Barb and again if something need to be done here in Balto.... just let me know,

Hans

jaykne
08-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I am praying for you and your family Barb, I know how it is and how hard it can be just have to keep a possitive additude and not let it take you down. There will always be better days. Sorry for you loss, Larry.

dean9922
08-21-2010, 10:31 PM
sorry to hear about your aunt....all the best and good luck with your husband, I'm sure it will all work out for the best.....take care and we will definitely say a prayer for you and your family......
why does life have to be so tought sometimes??????

boonseong
08-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Sorry to hear all the challenges you've been facing. We'll continue praying that the surgery for your husband goes well. Also, I know it's tough but your aunt is in a better place now.
All the best,
Boon

Disgirl
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Major surgery on Bill tomorrow morning. Everyone please think good thoughts for us! I will let you know how it goes.
Barb, worried

David Rose
08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
We'll be thinking of the two of you Barb! Keep us posted when you get the chance.

Warm Regards,
David

Discus-Hans
08-26-2010, 11:43 AM
How did everything go Barb????

Thinking a lot of you these days,

Joanne & Hans

Disgirl
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks David and Hans. Surgery went well yesterday morning, the Dr. said Bill's gallbladder was rotten, that is the word he used. Bill is in the ICU of the surgery unit, but doing OK despite pain. He has an 8" incision in his abdomen. We feel confident he will eventually be fine, maybe better than in years.

I am actually looking forward to getting back to my cone making after all this death and sickness in my family. Hope to be back in business in a few days! I have several pending orders and hope for lots of others! Thanks you again,
Barb:)

Eddie
08-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I am glad to hear everything went well Barb.

Take care,

Eddie

Jennie
08-28-2010, 08:10 PM
what a relief to hear Barb! Take care of yourself and don't worry about us.:)

David Rose
08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi Barb... I jumped on SD to look for updates...GREAT NEWS...so glad it's just a matter of healing up now and you both should be ready for square dancing in no time...LOL!

scottthomas
08-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear all went well.:)

ashaysathe
08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Glad it all went well Barb. Its all good from this point..
Take care

brewmaster15
08-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Thats great news Barb! I'm glad to hear all went well there... Just remember to take care of yourself too.;):)

-al

DavidH
08-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Hang in there Barb and all the best.
Dave

Disgirl
08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
When I was growing up I wanted to be a nurse, now I AM one :D! Nurses are not paid enough I can now say...it is hard work!!! But soon I am going to start up the cone making, hopefully later this week. Thank you all for all your support and kind words, it sure helps!
Barb:)

vera
08-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Very happy for u both Barb , so hubby in good hands :)
All the best

Disgirl
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Tough days continue, now we are getting hurricane Earl close to our shore. I have my battery air pumps ready to go and will be doing a massive wc Thursday before it gets here late that eve. Please think another positive thought for us, my husband continues to get better each day thank goodness but still needs lots of care.
Barb:scared:

Altum Nut
08-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey Barb,

As AL mentioned take care of yourself too which is extremely important.
No worrying about tomorrow and only think positive thoughts today.
Hurricane Earl will pass and hubby will get better, and who knows...he might want to help out with the cones soon enough.
You tell him....I will place an order if he agrees to help out in making a couple for me with his signature mark.

From your family at SD,
...Ralph

Eddie
08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Tough days continue, now we are getting hurricane Earl close to our shore. I have my battery air pumps ready to go and will be doing a massive wc Thursday before it gets here late that eve. Please think another positive thought for us, my husband continues to get better each day thank goodness but still needs lots of care.
Barb:scared:

Definitely Barb, positives thoughts from Japan! Glad to hear hubby is improving. Hope that the hurricane doesn't affect you too bad.

Take care,

Eddie