PDA

View Full Version : Limnobium Laevigatum

Kiro
08-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Hi!

Does anyone use these floating plants in their aquarium? I got a batch coming in the mail and I was really wondering how one maintains them since they grow so fast and the roots have a tendency to take over your entire tank.

Thanks!

pcsb23
08-31-2010, 07:40 AM
I used to have this in my tanks. It is an excellent plant for planted discus tanks imo. And yes it does grow fast :) I just harvested what I didn't want and gave it away to friends or sold it. What I couldn't give away or sell was put on the compost heap. Because of the constant harvesting they become a very good nitrate and phosphate sink, i.e. they remove large amounts of both, which is good. If you have surface dwelling fish they will appreciate it too, e.g. hatchets, though do leave some surface area free.

DiscusLoverJeff
08-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello,

Where are you purchasing this plant from and how much if I may ask? I am looking for some for my 95 gallon planted tank.

I just thinned out my tank of some nice swords if anyone wants to trade or purchase?

DiscusLoverJeff

Kiro
09-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Hello,

Where are you purchasing this plant from and how much if I may ask? I am looking for some for my 95 gallon planted tank.

I just thinned out my tank of some nice swords if anyone wants to trade or purchase?

DiscusLoverJeff

Well, I got mine from a online shop in Holland, since I live in Belgium this may be a bit far from you v:ov