PDA

View Full Version : Aquaticmagic plants

Jennie
09-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought I would post these pics to show the quality of plants received from aquaticmagic out of Singapore. I paid 2.50 a piece for each plant. I ordered and paid for 15 anubias and received 25??? BONUS! free shipping another bonus. Maybe they thought 10 would be dead before they reached me, who knows. 5 days total shipping time once shipped. All arrived alive and in as good a shape as if they were pulled today. I also assumed I would receive the root system only but all came full of leaves. they were cleaned using the dilluted bleach method and thoroughly rinsed in dechlorinated water.
the website is
http://www.aquariumplantsandsupplies.com/index.php
http:////i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/discuslover65/anubia1.jpg
http:////i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/discuslover65/plant2.jpg
http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/discuslover65/plant3.jpg
now what to do with the rest???:)

Disgirl
09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks for this info and pics too! I just placed an order with them, lots of different Anubias to go on the driftwood I am currently soaking in a tub of water. Hope mine arrive as good as yours did! Great prices they have.
Barb:)

Eddie
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Very nice looking anubias! Cheap too! I used to get all my Indian Almond Leaves from there, super cheap and great quality.

Jennie
09-05-2010, 10:45 PM
yeah I was surprised! They will smell a little like day old wet grass but goes away after disinfecting

Jennie
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Barb, did you get plants yet??:)

Disgirl
09-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Ordered them last week, will let you all know when they arrive and maybe post some pics of the ones I got. Ordered 9 anubias and 2 others.

zooyorkthang
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I was really looking forward to receiving my live plants from aquaticmagic but US Customs said the item was prohibited and destroyed due to the permit being missing. Hopefully this is just a one time mistake, since I really like their prices and free shipping!

Jennie
09-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Did u contact them?? They'll send new ones and tell them not to forget the permit this time

[/B]
I was really looking forward to receiving my live plants from aquaticmagic but US Customs said the item was prohibited and destroyed due to the permit being missing. Hopefully this is just a one time mistake, since I really like their prices and free shipping!

RudeDogg1
09-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Do we have a link guys?

Jennie
09-20-2010, 07:07 AM
up at the top post

RudeDogg1
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Lol doh! How did I not see that

Jennie
09-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Are you missing that morning cup o Joe:)

Jennie
09-20-2010, 08:16 AM
I believe Barbs plants were held up at customs but the sight says the plants are fine for 3 weeks in the packaging. I was fortunate to recieve mine PDQ:)

Disgirl
09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Still haven't gotten my plants that I ordered Sept. 5. I just wrote them, will let you know what they say.
Barb

aquatic3
09-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I ordered a bunch of moss and Anubis from them. 7 days to get here...not bad and all was well considering. They are very good about replacing anything that may not make it in 14 days. So let them know if your not happy. They will make up for it. Be clear....sometimes wires get crossed...but they do stand by their products.

Another GREAT service is USA is Aquarium Plants Central...better than most. I ordered Valls 25" and 15" Helferi in bags with O2 (like fish) wrapped in ceiling insulation. Very FAST 2-3 days. Great Service.
:D:D:D:D:D

Second Hand Pat
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
aquatic3, could you post Aquarium Plants Central link?

Sea Hag
09-20-2010, 11:44 AM

My plants from aquaticmagic arrived to my doorstep in a padded envelope marked "Home Decorations", so no customs involved. ;)
Arrived in fantastic shape and I was very happy with the quality.

Disgirl
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
They replied right away to my query and said they will send more if the first ones don't make it. I ordered Sept 5 and they shipped the 8th. Will let you all know if/when/how they get here.

Disgirl
09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
They arrived today, not looking good at all, too long in the mail, too high temps for them. I have replied to them and will let you know what they say.
Barb:(

Disgirl
09-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Here is a pic of the Java Moss. Most of it is brown mush. The Anubias may survive since they are so tough. But will loose lots of their leaves first. I have written the company and sent this pic as they asked for.
Barb

Jennie
09-21-2010, 08:55 AM
If I knew how to ship plants Barb I would send you mine:( They say they stand behind their products and service. Let's put it to the test.

Disgirl
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the offer DL. Today all the anubias' look much better after soaking in water over night and they will be fine. Just the Java Moss did poorly but maybe it is too delicate a plant to ship around the world, 2 weeks, in an envelope!
Barb

Jennie
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
lol 2 weeks too long
Thanks for the offer DL. Today all the anubias' look much better after soaking in water over night and they will be fine. Just the Java Moss did poorly but maybe it is too delicate a plant to ship around the world, 2 weeks, in an envelope!
Barb

h2osanity
09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I've always had pretty good luck with them and it takes up to 30 days to get here. I've always order bare root or bulbs though, no moss though I did order plagiomnium for an emersed tank and even it survived.

vera
09-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Barb

2 weeks ! ouch , quite though on plants , but usually moss recovers just fine , if left in a cooler water for few days
locally we take cuttings from each other , maybe u can find someone green fingered close to u

Sharkbait
09-21-2010, 11:40 PM
I ordered philippine java fern.....hopefully will make it.

Disgirl
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I have heard back from them and they are replacing the Java Moss, no questions asked, except they wanted a pic of what came in the mail. They do stand behind their products and now seem to be a good company to deal with. All the anubias are looking fine, after looking almost dead when they arrived. They sure are tough plants!
Barb:D

Sharkbait
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Still...

For some plants, it may take some time for them to bounce back from the travel. Some plants are very slow growers - I'd almost spend the extra couple bucks per plant and get them locally.

They do have some rare plants though. I'll give them that. Some stuff I could never get over here.

Jennie
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
The cost of the anubias I ordered were around 2.50 a piece plus free shipping. here locally 6.99 at lfs. when ordering large quanities that's more than just a few bucks!

Sharkbait
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree...for stronger plants like anubias, it's a good deal. Heck, the LFS here is selling anubias for $10 per rhizome!

Aquaticmagic has some rare mosses that I would love to try, but are very fragile.

BTW: which anubias did you get? The anubias gold? I'll try them out and see how they do.

Jennie
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
hmm my bad 2.95 pc, but still great deal. I got the Anubias barteri Eyes, and also want to try moss. will probabl order in oct when cooler just in case they are delayed.:)

pcsb23
11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I have removed a number of posts from here into a new thread here http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=83637 as these were nothing to do with 1st hand experience of Aquaticmagic plants.