PDA

View Full Version : Which discus to choose?

discusdevjyoti
09-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone, i am a new member of simplydiscus.

I am planning to have a 55g tank with two juvenile discus in it. i am confused which kind of discus to choose.:confused: i didn't like the solid color discus but with some vibrant patterns. please advise me.
And, i am planning to feed freeze dried bloodworm, and tetra bits. is there any harm if i feed them freez dried tubifex worms?

Also, i planned to set up a planted discus tank, but reading this forum, i founded that for juvenile discus bare bottom tank is advised, it is for cleanliness, but it think a big tank with only two discus may not have a bad affect. well, don't hesitate to disagree with me. please give me a suitable advice. :D

Eddie
09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome to Simply!

I'd advise on 6 discus as a minimum. Also, know everything about your water. Devise a plan on how you will perform water changes. And read as much as you can. There is alot of great info in found in each section, under the sticky's.

As far as what discus to get, thats entirely personal preference. You have to choose the ones you like. We all have different tastes. ;)

All the best and don't hesitate to ask anything, you'll get alot of assistance here.

Eddie

Jennie
09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Get 5 and start out Bare Bottom and progress from there. Spotted discus are my favorite.

discusdevjyoti
09-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Get 5 and start out Bare Bottom and progress from there. Spotted discus are my favorite.

spotted discus????:confused: there are many spotted discus, give me the strain name.

Jennie
09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
This will help with a few ideas to choose from
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=82502

discusdevjyoti
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Welcome to Simply!

I'd advise on 6 discus as a minimum. Also, know everything about your water. Devise a plan on how you will perform water changes. And read as much as you can. There is alot of great info in found in each section, under the sticky's.

As far as what discus to get, thats entirely personal preference. You have to choose the ones you like. We all have different tastes. ;)

All the best and don't hesitate to ask anything, you'll get alot of assistance here.

Eddie

actually, there is LFS in my locality which have only a few varieties of discus. i have to give a order so that he can bring that strain. i said before, i would like wavy patterns or markings, not a solid color, any image of the discus or a good site is welcomed. :)

Eddie
09-16-2010, 09:06 AM
How about this one...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71055

Jennie
09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
I love that super angel diamond! allot:)

Eddie
09-16-2010, 09:14 AM

Yup, Super Angel Diamonds are one of my favorite Wayne NG types. Dan from Elite carries them. They have some KILLER shape IMO. ;)

Jennie
09-16-2010, 09:16 AM
STOP EDDIE, Dangit! Now I have to go look:mad:
Yup, Super Angel Diamonds are one of my favorite Wayne NG types. Dan from Elite carries them. They have some KILLER shape IMO. ;)

ZX10R
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM

I have to agree that is the one that caught my eye. To bad your tank is full and I am just setting up my 120 so I have plenty of room HA HA HA :p

Jennie
09-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I sold two saph discus yesterday. MMMM got room!:)

I have to agree that is the one that caught my eye. To bad your tank is full and I am just setting up my 120 so I have plenty of room HA HA HA :p

DiscusLoverJeff
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I think the Shooting Star created by Mr. Wayne Ng (thanks Walter) from the link Eddie provided are more in line of what you appear to be looking for.

Another way to choose is to Google "Discus for Sale" and you will see many suppliers inventory and many strain variations to choose from.

Good Luck and please show us what you buy!

ZX10R
09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
I sold two saph discus yesterday. MMMM got room!:)

DARN :o

discusdevjyoti
09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
This will help with a few ideas to choose from
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=82502

thanks, this is a great article to see varieties of discus.:)

discusdevjyoti
09-17-2010, 09:05 AM
How about this one...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71055

thanks, another detailed information about varieties of discus, i am planning to have snakeskin and leopard shakeskin, and turquise and pegion blood are also nice, mabe they are available here!:undecided: