PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Discus Meeting, Fall 2010

brewmaster15
09-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi all,
I'll be hosting the fall meeting for the Northeast Discus Group...

The Date: Saturday Nov 13, 2010 (date was changed from the 6th)
The Time: 2:00 pm to whenever
The place: My home, 75 Maltby Lane ,Northford. CT

Please contact my by pm or email at brewmaster15@netscape.com to let me know if you are coming. Family is alway welcome.

The format for this meeting will be the same as past ones at this point.....Pot luck...people are welcome bring various dishes and sides..If you know what you are bringing...Please post it or let me know and I will start a public list.

The last meeting held here was a very large get together of close to 50 people...If this one looks to be that large... The venue may change from my home to a nearby location, hotel or hall..

I will of course open the fish room for tours even if we have the meeting elsewhere.:)

I will also try to arrange for a tank of fish here for sale as I did at the last meeting here...I will post details on that as soon as I have them.

There will be a Discus related discussion as there always is and I will post that as well in the weeks to come.

Lastly.. I will also have my BH Mix here for purchase as well as Freeze dried Blackworms....so if you want any of these..please let me know in advance.

See you all then!

-al

brewmaster15
09-27-2010, 09:40 AM
One more Note to everyone. These meetings are social events open to all Discus Hobbyists of all skill levels...even those just considering discus at this point.

The North East Discus Group is an unofficial association of Hobbyists... We charge no fees, there are no membership rules or requirements....Anyone can attend. These meetings are the perfect venue to make friends, socialize with other sharing similar interests and build on our Discus knowledge base.

Who these meetings are for? ANYONE THAT ENJOYS FISH KEEPING AND DISCUS FISH. :):):)

Take care,
al

brewmaster15
09-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Whose bringing what List:

1)Brew........ beverages,beer,wine, etc. Appetizers, lazy lasagna.

ashaysathe
09-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Happen to be the first one to post. Nice. I am making the "items to bring" as live running list. If anyone is getting anything please copy the predecessor list and append aka "Add to the end" so we have one compiled list.

2)Shayness...Chicken Biryani : Chicken curry layered with rice (imagine Lasagna with rice)

ashaysathe
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Happen to be the first one to post. Nice. I am making the "items to bring" as live running list. If anyone is getting anything please copy the predecessor list and append aka "Add to the end" so we have one compiled list.

2)Shayness...Chicken Biryani : Chicken curry layered with rice (imagine Lasagna with rice)

GrillMaster
09-27-2010, 02:20 PM

2)Shayness...Chicken Biryani : Chicken curry layered with rice (imagine Lasagna with rice.
3)Grill... Chicken wings in a smooth sweet buttery sauce with just a touch of heat and beer.

GrillMaster
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
BTW Brew...Great idea on the "who's bringin what list"!! :thumbsup:

dpt8
09-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry to be so computer illiterate.. I am bringing party mix, cucumber sandwiches, pasta salad.. I don;t think Celeste can make it that weekend.. DavidWhose bringing what List:

2)Shayness...Chicken Biryani : Chicken curry layered with rice (imagine Lasagna with rice.
3)Grill... Chicken wings in a smooth sweet buttery sauce with just a touch of heat and beer.
4)David....party mix, cucumber sandwiches, pasta salad

2075turner
09-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Hummm, my birthday weekend!!!!:)

We shall see if I can come........

I hope so!

brewmaster15
09-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Hummm, my birthday weekend!!!!:)

We shall see if I can come........

I hope so!

We'll have a cake for you...;):D

-al

2075turner
09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
We'll have a cake for you...;):D

-al

mummmmmm cake
:D

Alok
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Al, I would love to come but the Indian festival of Diwali (festival of lights) is supposedly that weekend so I can't say anything for certain :(

DiscusOnly
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I am going to try to make it up there this time. Will have to shuffle around with the schedule a bit.

Van

brewmaster15
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Al, I would love to come but the Indian festival of Diwali (festival of lights) is supposedly that weekend so I can't say anything for certain :(
WE can put candles and lights in the fishroom.:) Just kidding...Hope you can still make it Alok!:)

I am going to try to make it up there this time. Will have to shuffle around with the schedule a bit.

Van Now that would be awesome Van...It'd be great if you can make it to this one.:)

-al

ashaysathe
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM

ashaysathe
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM

I opened the thread to enter this very information. So will have to edit my "to bring list".. I will make it but will later than otherwise.

1)Brew..........beverages,beer,wine, etc. Appetizers, lazy lasagna.
2)Shayness....Some different kind of snacks to match our festival and suits the occasion
3)Grill...........Chicken wings in a smooth sweet buttery sauce with just a touch of heat and beer.
4)David.........party mix, cucumber sandwiches, pasta salad

Alok
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
WE can put candles and lights in the fishroom.:) Just kidding...Hope you can still make it Alok!:)

-al

Me too....and the candles in fishroom will look good ;) Hey, may be I could just crash at Ashay's place after the meeting to celebrate it! ;) What do you say Ashay? :p :D

brewmaster15
09-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Its looking like I picked a bad weekend.. Patrick can't make it either... Hows Nov 13th? better?

-al

ashaysathe
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Me too....and the candles in fishroom will look good ;) Hey, may be I could just crash at Ashay's place after the meeting to celebrate it! ;) What do you say Ashay? :p :D

Hey that will be gr8. We will begin the lights from the Halloween weekend going to Diwali. You are always welcome. Diwali is always gr8.

Its looking like I picked a bad weekend.. Patrick can't make it either... Hows Nov 13th? better?

-al

Patrick visited last night and he mentioned about the event he has planned already for that day. For sure it seems like a most preferred gathering day.

2075turner
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
But what about my cake?????:mad::p

I guess I would settle for a tank of fish instead Al 8-D

Let me know what the final date is. Babysitter's will need to be lined up! (for Norm too!, LOL)

brewmaster15
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
But what about my cake?????:mad::p

I guess I would settle for a tank of fish instead Al 8-D

Let me know what the final date is. Babysitter's will need to be lined up! (for Norm too!, LOL)

No Problem... we can still do a cake.:)

-al

2075turner
09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
lol, Well you can't blame a gal for trying:D

Alok
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM

-al

Nov 13th looks better for me....

roclement
09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
we can have a cake since the 13th is my birthday!!! That would be fun! Gonna check my calendar tomorrow...so what day are we going for here?

Van, if I can go you are welcome to tag along! Nw let's see what Bob says...

Rodrigo

brewmaster15
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Meeting has been Changed... Its Now officially the 13 th of November....same time and location. That date seems to work best for those that have contacted me.

and we will celebrate some B-days:)

-al

DiscusOnly
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
we can have a cake since the 13th is my birthday!!! That would be fun! Gonna check my calendar tomorrow...so what day are we going for here?

Van, if I can go you are welcome to tag along! Nw let's see what Bob says...

Rodrigo

Thanks Rodrigo but I am probably going to have to drive since my 2 little boys would tag along. I think you saw them before at Hans last year. Dave Z waid he wanted to tag along as well.

dpt8
09-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Al. I'm still all in with my pasta, party mix and cucumber sandwiches.. Celeste can make it Nov. 13th also !! David :9)

brewmaster15
09-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Al. I'm still all in with my pasta, party mix and cucumber sandwiches.. Celeste can make it Nov. 13th also !! David :9)

Excellent!:)

ashaysathe
09-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Meeting has been Changed... Its Now officially the 13 th of November.

-al

BRAVO !!!!

Cake is still ON for other b'days :)

I know Patrick will kill me for writing this (but he does that anyways so I will write) - Even he is available. Thats amazing

2075turner
09-29-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm in. Norm said I can go seeing as I behaved myself last time, LOL:) He will take care of the homestead!!! What a man!:)

brewmaster15
09-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Shaping up to be another great get together!:)

-al

DonMD
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
The 13th of November? Hmmmm, I might have to arrange a visit to see my son in Hartsdale that weekend, and then sneak away to CT for a few hours!

Al, I've sterilized my entire system (flukes:mad:), and am needing to REPOPULATE! You got any nice fish on sale?:D:D

brewmaster15
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
The 13th of November? Hmmmm, I might have to arrange a visit to see my son in Hartsdale that weekend, and then sneak away to CT for a few hours!

Al, I've sterilized my entire system (flukes:mad:), and am needing to REPOPULATE! You got any nice fish on sale?:D:D
Don it would be great seeing you up here.. been too long!.:):) and as for fish...I'm going to be bringing in a bunch just for the meeting...more details on that latter..but drop me a Pm if theres anything in particular you are interested in and I'll see what I can do..;)

-al

daviddave
09-29-2010, 09:50 PM

hello what is your name and address and zipcode i am driving from boston mass and useing a gps whitch is asking for zipcode thanks

aalbina
09-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Meeting has been Changed... Its Now officially the 13 th of November....same time and location. That date seems to work best for those that have contacted me.

and we will celebrate some B-days:)

-al

Awesome - Mary and I are planning to attend with the date change!! Let me see what we can bring - not my department.

Adam

brewmaster15
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM
hello what is your name and address and zipcode i am driving from boston mass and useing a gps whitch is asking for zipcode thanks

Al Sabetta
75 Maltby lane
Northford CT 06472

Drop me a Pm if you need further info David.

Awesome - Mary and I are planning to attend with the date change!! Let me see what we can bring - not my department.

Adam Adam, be great to see you and Mary again...Glad that you can make it!:)

-al

roclement
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Cleared my work schedule, good to go! It will be a good birthday!

Now I got a maybe from Bobtools, in Bob speak that is almost a comitment! :)

Rodrigo

brewmaster15
09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Cleared my work schedule, good to go! It will be a good birthday!

Now I got a maybe from Bobtools, in Bob speak that is almost a comitment! :)

Rodrigo

awesome!!:D

Danimal
09-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Dang, i wished i lived near CT. a meeting that starts out with brew cant be half bad
have fun

dan

DerekFF
10-01-2010, 12:34 AM
2 things
1. My birthday was earlier this month...so im out of the running to have the cake for me :p
2. Anyone here can feel free to donate to the "Derek's to poor to come to Al's house" fund so i can fly out there lol. I guess my ideas to suprise Kenny with a party and have the NEDA party in his garage have failed.....oh well...maybe next year lol.

brewmaster15
10-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Sorry guys....Dan and Dereck...of course you'd be welcome out here should find a way to get here.:)

-al

patrick richard
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm so glad that Al was able to change the date to the 13th. When Al called me up the other day to let me know that the next meeting was going to be on the 6th, I was so bummed. We are having my daughters first bday party on the 6th. The 13th works out great for me, since I'm off the whole weekend. Now I can stay late this time. I cant wait to see everyone again, its been a long time.

I will be bringing the beans that I make for every get together.

See everyone there.

Patrick

dpt8
10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Patrick, It will be great to see you buddy.. David T

GrillMaster
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Looks like all the gang will be at this one!! :thumbsup:

I have half a box of "Short Story's" to bring as well... Compliments of Rod! ;) :D :D :D

ashaysathe
10-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Looks like all the gang will be at this one!! :thumbsup:

I have half a box of "Short Story's" to bring as well... Compliments of Rod! ;) :D :D :D

I need those for sure. Plus my regular home made brew. The BEST..

Aint Drinkin No Nothin than that man

shawnhu
10-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Meant to post this ealier, but here goes...

I'm in!

brewmaster15
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Meant to post this ealier, but here goes...

I'm in!

Great news!!!:) Looks like we are going to have an awesome meeting everyone!

-al

mlov1022
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rodrigo but I am probably going to have to drive since my 2 little boys would tag along. I think you saw them before at Hans last year. Dave Z waid he wanted to tag along as well.Van, you have room for 1 more? ;)

roclement
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Hey Marc! I can take you with me, my car is empty! Seems like the Bob will not be coming!

Rodrigo

Jennie
10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
That's because he's too busy raising all your fry:)

mlov1022
10-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey Marc! I can take you with me, my car is empty! Seems like the Bob will not be coming!

RodrigoThanks Rod, appreciate that.

dpt8
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Hey Van, Look me up at the meeting. I'd love to talk with you about our wild heckles ( and with Al of course) :0) David T

brewmaster15
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Bummer Bob can't make it....but I am glad that You'll be attending Marc.

If anyone has any of the following availible...I'd be interested in them..

Tank raised bristlenose, German Blue rams, cherry shrimp or crystal reds, aquarium plants, tank raised sterbai cats or others.... Drop me a pm with what you have and what you want for them...

I don't think we will do an auction this meeting....but people are more than welcome to post what they have availible here or just bring it along and see if theres any interest.

thanks everyone!

ps...yes I will have freeze dried Blackworms here as well as BH mix...Let me know on the BH mix ahead of time ($16 per lb same as always)

-al

ashaysathe
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM

Rodrigo

Remember Camera Rod? Can we test if it works in my basement?

roclement
10-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Bob has actual human family obligations this time, poor fish are being left to second place!

Marc, I'll catch up with you and we can set it up, we have a stop at Ashays on our way to Al's to inspect his set-up...eat his food...drink his vast collection of alcohol, and take pictures of his fish!

Ashay also told me that, since it's my birthday that day, I can have one of his "Solomoes" for free!!! Isn't that nice of him??? (JK of course) :)

Rodrigo

brewmaster15
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Ashay also told me that, since it's my birthday that day, I can have one of his "Solomoes" for free!!! Isn't that nice of him??? (JK of course) :)

Rodrigo It is very nice of him Rod, Hmmm...did I say that I found a mistake on my birth certificate....looks like we share a birthday bro.;):D:D:D maybe I can get one of those wilds too from him!:D:D:D:D

-al

ashaysathe
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Marc, I'll catch up with you and we can set it up, we have a stop at Ashays on our way to Al's to inspect his set-up...eat his food...drink his vast collection of alcohol, and take pictures of his fish!

Rodrigo

It is very nice of him Rod, Hmmm...did I say that I found a mistake on my birth certificate....looks like we share a birthday bro.;):D:D:D maybe I can get one of those wilds too from him!:D:D:D:D

-al

Yes my collectibles that are for my enjoyment on the deck post-party are not to be shared. So it is out of scope of any access. Fish - yes those are up for photos only :D:D:D:D

My dear little (may be not so little) "Solomoes" - they are trained only and only to be with me :D:D:D:D

mlov1022
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Marc, I'll catch up with you and we can set it up, we have a stop at Ashays on our way to Al's to inspect his set-up...eat his food...drink his vast collection of alcohol, and take pictures of his fish!Sounds like a plan Rod, just let me make sure the Wife doesn't have anything planned for the Family that day. Should be fine though.

Al, if all goes well and I attend, what can I bring?

2075turner
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't forget that it's my BD too. You can put me on that list of Solomon's:D I have the birth certificate as well to prove it, lol:p Mined you my year I was born seems to be getting wrong every year....."it can't be that long ago???", LOL.

Looking forward to this even though it's a month away.....oh well, time passes by very fast these days, so it'll be like tomorrow before I know it!:)

fishorama
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm coming too! It'll be great to meet some more Simply people & sample Al's homebrew :D

I'll bring a spice cake, (& candles if it counts as birthday cake :balloon::balloon:, I need caramel frosting soon :o) plus some hummus/pita/veggies.

If anyone wants some lace java fern, java moss or rotala rotundifolia, let me know.

brewmaster15
10-07-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm coming too! It'll be great to meet some more Simply people & sample Al's homebrew :D

I'll bring a spice cake, (& candles if it counts as birthday cake :balloon::balloon:, I need caramel frosting soon :o) plus some hummus/pita/veggies.

If anyone wants some lace java fern, java moss or rotala rotundifolia, let me know.
Excellent News! It'll be great seeing you again.....I'll take some more of that lace java fern, java moss or rotala rotundifolia:)

-al

roclement
10-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Putting things back on track...

2)Shayness....Some different kind of snacks to match our festival and suits the occasion
3)Grill...........Chicken wings in a smooth sweet buttery sauce with just a touch of heat and beer.
5)Rodrigo.......wines, cigars, Marc, and NJ coolness!!! fogetabouit

fishorama
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM

6)Nancy,,,,spice cake, hummus/pita/veggies...plants

brewmaster15
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Looks like well need paper and plastic goods for about 40-50 people...volunteers welcome there.

I had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year so I'll have my homemade salsa ...probably make a pot of chili as well.. Looks like we could use some more munchies...Chips of various sorts

Anybody want to cook up a rice dish? maybe another chicken dish?

1)Brew..........beverages,beer,wine, etc. Appetizers, lazy lasagna, homemade salsa and chili

shaping up to be a great get together!

-al

aalbina
10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I will bring paper plates, plastic cups, spoons, forks and knives for fifty people. That was easy and I don't have to clear that with Mary!

Adam

Skip
10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year so I'll have my homemade salsa ...probably make a pot of chili as well.. Looks like we could use some more munchies...Chips of various sorts

1)Brew..........beverages,beer,wine, etc. Appetizers, lazy lasagna, homemade salsa and chili

NOMMMM NOMMMMM NOMMMMMM NOOMMMMMMM!

aalbina
10-07-2010, 05:43 PM

7) Adam: paper plates cups and plastic ware for fifty.

patrick richard
10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
7) Adam: paper plates cups and plastic ware for fifty.[/QUOTE]
8)Patrick.....My famous bake beans

GrillMaster
10-08-2010, 11:58 PM
9)Grill.....My son in law, the turkey fryer and the Grill. With a couple a things to put in/on each of em... ;)

:D :D :D

brewmaster15
10-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
As I did at the last Northeast discus Meeting I had here in the spring, I arranged for a shipment of fish to be here for members to pre-order and pick up, or to just chose from at the meeting...same deal as last time.

This meeting I will have the following fish on hand...

3 " snow white...........................................$3 1
3.5 " pearl pb..............................................$4 8........ 2 sold/2 remaining
3" HB Blue diamonds..................................$34..... ...all sold
3" HB Red Turqs........................................$44.. ......all sold
3" HB snakes............................................ .$44...all sold
3.5" cobalts........................................... ......$41
3" alen X snakes.........................................$44
3" gold diamonds.........................................$ 34
4" AES int F1(regular grade)........................$51....all Sold

These fish are from Kenny's last order...
http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=83108
Same deal as last, same prices as Kenny listed them for plus only $6.00 per fish to cover the shipping..(included in the above prices) A real steal if anyone wants to get some great fish and save on the shipping as well. This deal and pricing is for PICKUP ONLY here.

I don't want to turn this into a sales thread..so any questions on the above fish should be Pm'd to me....just wanted everyone to know what's available here. These fish are first come first serve...I didn't get many of each. as I wanted to have a variety on hand....

Let me know if you want any as soon as possible, pay for them now and pick them up at the meeting or any time before if that is more convenient. They will be here this week. These went very fast last meeting...so contact me asap.

Thanks everyone,
al

ockyra215
10-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Al,
I was hoping to raid your fish room! Are you going to be selling any of your own discus?

brewmaster15
10-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Al,
I was hoping to raid your fish room! Are you going to be selling any of your own discus?

Dave,
I always have something cooking here...most of what I have for discus right now are adults though...and off course there are non discus here...angels, festivums, red head tapajos,port cichlids, and turquoise severums here... as well as BH Mix, and Freeze Dried Blackworms .

hth,
al

brewmaster15
10-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi all,
Fish are in and doing very well.. They all look to be the top notch stock that Kenny and Forrest are known for.:)

So now comes the hard part, I have to keep these fish here for the next 3+ weeks and not get attached them...I don't know if thats possible....some of these may have Brew's Name on the tank...;):D:D:D

-al

2075turner
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I will have to bring my BIG purse with a liner, lol:D I'm sure at some point you will be having a beer away from them:p

brewmaster15
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I will have to bring my BIG purse with a liner, lol:D Lol....by all means please do `bring your big purse.....just stop at the bank and fill it before you get here.:):):):)

-al

2075turner
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Lol....by all means please do `bring your big purse.....just stop at the bank and fill it before you get here.:):):):)

-al

LOL Al. I'm sure my banker is getting a bigger laugh out of that......

MarcG
10-22-2010, 08:31 PM
I should be able to make it as well. Should I bring some big bags of chips or something?

brewmaster15
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I should be able to make it as well. Should I bring some big bags of chips or something?
Hey Stranger!

It'll be great having you over!..Chips work....but just be good to have you join us again Marc.!;):)

-al

Tofe
10-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Stopped by Al's yesterday and saw the awesome fish he brought in for the meeting. They are all beauties, round shape, full patterns (pearl pig) and very alert. Came right up to the front of the tank when I came thru the door. If you are looking for fish, this is your chance to get a great deal;););)

Can't wait for the meeting. I have not figured out what I am going to bring yet. Maybe a dessert

Brian

dpt8
10-23-2010, 12:16 PM
UUUGH !!! Brian, I am trying to fight the urge to buy more discus.. but I KNOW these are beauties as always.. David T

RichT
10-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Add two more to the list. Can't pass up the opportunity to meet up with everyone again. Plus we're gonna be at Al's and see all his beauties. I think I'll bring a sandwich again. There was nothing left of the last one.

See Ya Soon
Rich

brewmaster15
10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Add two more to the list. Can't pass up the opportunity to meet up with everyone again. Plus we're gonna be at Al's and see all his beauties. I think I'll bring a sandwich again. There was nothing left of the last one.

See Ya Soon
Rich
NICE!!! Rich great to have you with us again, bringing the Junior fishkeeper/photographer?:) That sandwich was a hit the last time for sure.

Really looks like a great gathering again.

-al

2075turner
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Yeah, Chips!!!:D

Kenny's Discus
10-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Wishing you all the greatest fun at Al's place! And thank you Al for bringing them in, I'm very glad to know they arrived well and have settled in nicely. One of these days I'll fly out there to join you Al!:)

Thanks,
Kenny

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Wishing you all the greatest fun at Al's place! And thank you Al for bringing them in, I'm very glad to know they arrived well and have settled in nicely. One of these days I'll fly out there to join you Al!:)

Thanks,
Kenny
Now that would be one happy day my friend! I'd have to convene a special NEDA meeting here in your honor! I know theres many out here on the east coast that would really enjoy meeting you !

Thanks again for the great selection of fish Kenny.:)

-al

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi all,
I've had many inquiries from the NEDA members inquiring about photos....so here are some quick pics...people are welcome to come by and see them in person if the pics are not representative enough.

So here they are...

-al

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:41 PM

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:42 PM

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:43 PM

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
chowing down on my home made BH mix

brewmaster15
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
and thats it.... if anyone wants them let me know as asap...strictly first come basis.

-al

Jennie
10-28-2010, 08:47 PM
great selection u have Al! best of luck!

ashaysathe
10-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh Man.... truly gr8 fish. From one magic place to another. There is nothing like self picking fish you like. WOW
Great Al . Great

brewmaster15
10-29-2010, 06:50 AM
great selection u have Al! best of luck! Thanks Jennie! I think so too!:)...I'm starting to picture a few of these joining my collection very soon.;)

Oh Man.... truly gr8 fish. From one magic place to another. There is nothing like self picking fish you like. WOW
Great Al . Great Thanks Ashay, wait to you see them in person latter today bro...NICE!!!!:)

-al

Jennie
10-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Didn't think you could resist Al!:D

Kenny's Discus
10-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the updated pics Al, they looked great under your care I think they have already grown some!:)

It's good to see them doing so well there. Really enjoyed the pics my friend. Again have a great time with the meeting!

Thanks,
Kenny

brewmaster15
10-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Folks,
I'm updating the fish list as people reserve them...

Check post 70 this thread for updates as to whats available... fish are starting to move, so be sure not to sit on the fence too long.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showpost.php?p=689459&postcount=70

thanks,
al

brewmaster15
10-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Well everyone the meeting is just shy of 2 weeks away... so I'd like to start getting a better idea of who is planning on attending....If you haven't already shouted out in this thread..please let me know.

To anyone that is in the area and hasn't a clue about this "NEDA".. WE are a group of hobbyists from the Northeast USA and adjacent Canadian areas that meets 4 times a year in a social atmosphere. ALL hobbyists of all skill levels are welcome..there are no fees or dues... This meeting will be held at my home in CT....address and info already given in this thread. If anyone in the area likes discus and wants to meet other discus nuts ...this is the event to attend.

Every meeting we try to do a discus related presentation. This event is no different..... I do have something planned, But I won`'t be going into any details on this thread....suffice it to say I'll be leading a discussion that I feel is very important... To learn more...attend the meeting.;):)

Heres the last update on the "whose bringing what list"
9)Grill.....My son in law, the turkey fryer and the Grill. With a couple a things to put in/on each of em... ;)

Okay...one last note... I'll be making my BH seafood mix middle of this week....I need to know whose going to need some...Please let me know by pm by wednesday, Nov 3 if you need any...again cost is $16 lb.

Great, thanks everyone, looking forward to seeing you all.

-al

AngryBird
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Everytime I plan to attend Northeast discus meeting, I end up not going in the end. This time I am not going to plan. With a new born now in hand, it is more difficult. Incase if I manage to make it, I will bring some icecream.

brewmaster15
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Everytime I plan to attend Northeast discus meeting, I end up not going in the end. This time I am not going to plan. With a new born now in hand, it is more difficult. Incase if I manage to make it, I will bring some icecream.

Families are always welcome.:) and besides....Babies love watching fish... and if theres one thing I have here...its plenty of Fish!:bandana:

hope you can make it!

-al

Moon
10-31-2010, 06:10 PM

I have the same problem. So I am not making any plans. If it happens it happens.

Jennie
10-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Didn't think those HB blues would last long Al! Picked a couple up for myself! I like them allot!
Folks,
I'm updating the fish list as people reserve them...

Check post 70 this thread for updates as to whats available... fish are starting to move, so be sure not to sit on the fence too long.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showpost.php?p=689459&postcount=70

thanks,
al

shawnhu
11-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Al, put me down for 1 lb of your special beefheart mix and a 10g of your crack worms.

My wife and I will be attending.

brewmaster15
11-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Al, put me down for 1 lb of your special beefheart mix and a 10g of your crack worms.

My wife and I will be attending. You got it Shawn! Glad you both will be making it here!:)

-al

fishorama
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I will also need a 10g freeze dried blackworm fix, Al, hook me up.

brewmaster15
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I will also need a 10g freeze dried blackworm fix, Al, hook me up. I got your discus crack here set aside.;):D:D:D:D:D

-al

aalbina
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I just had the opportunity to visit with Al today and take a good look at the fish he brought in for the meeting. I had to buy two! These are gorgeous fish, eating like crazy, greeting you at the front of the tank! These are beautiful fish - if you're thinking of buying any you better get your orders in. Once people see these fish at the meeting they're going to be gone gone gone!

Thanks Al for entertaining my sister and me this afternoon!!

Adam

dpt8
11-05-2010, 06:32 AM
SWEET !! Which ones did you buy ??? Need pics of course.. You aren't coming to the meeting ?? David T

brewmaster15
11-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks Adam,
Great seeing you and meeting your sister.:)

David,
Adam reserved 2 of the Pbs....and will be getting them at the meeting.... The ones YOU ;) are interested in are still availible.. for now.;):):):)

-al

2075turner
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
David,
Adam reserved 2 of the Pbs....and will be getting them at the meeting.... The ones YOU ;) are interested in are still availible.. for now.;):):):)

-al

Which ones are they David????

dpt8
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll tell ya after I give Al the money !! hehe David T :9)

2075turner
11-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I'll tell ya after I give Al the money !! hehe David T :9)

:inquisitive:

:D

mmorris
11-06-2010, 07:48 AM
I haven't figured out what I will be bringing - something will come to me. :) Unfortunately, I lost my white worm cultures because, due to health reasons, I wasn't able to go in the cellar for a month. I've given away lots of cultures to folks at previous NEDA meetings - does anyone have one going strong that they could bring some and I could start again?

brewmaster15
11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
HI all,

Only 4 days to go....so much to do ...so much to do.:) Seriously, looking forward to seeing all of you again..looks like we will have a great turn out as usual and theres going to be a few new faces in the mix as well.

As I said earlier...we aren't going to do an auction this time...but if anyone has anything they want to bring to sell...you are welcome to ...we'll give you some floor time after the discussion time.... If I know anyone is bring anything, I can also set up a table for it to be displayed on with an asking price...strictly up to you to set and collect.

The meeting is still November 13 at 2:00pm -- whenever

location...my home

Al Sabetta
75 Maltby lane
Northford CT 06472
203-464-2869 cell

I'm a short trip from the Highway... for some reason Mapquest sends people down a dead end from north..don't ask me why. GPS's seem to work though.

Coming from North (of Meriden) , I -91 south to exit 14....top of ramp take a RH,, then a quick LH on at the light.....next light take LH onto rte 150.... go past 2 soccer fields, take your first LH after the soccer fields...(East Dayton Hill Road) that road you turn on becomes LINE Road.. Line Road ends on Maltby lane...take a RH onto Maltby lane... a few houses on the LH is #75. beige house,red shutters , set back aways..long gravel drive way lined by evergreens.

Going North on I-91, take the same exit.. bottom of the ramp take a RH onto route 150, go past 2 soccer fields, take your first LH after the soccer fields...(East Dayton Hill Road) that road you turn on becomes LINE Road.. Line Road ends on Maltby lane...take a RH onto Maltby lane... a few houses on the LH is #75. beige house,red shutters , set back aways..long gravel drive way lined by evergreens.

NOTE>>> DO NOT TAKE TYLER MILL ROAD>>ITS NOT AN OPEN ROAD EVEN THOUGH MAPQUEST SHOWS IT AS ONE. Take this road only if you like haunted dead ends.:bandana:

Those taking 1-95 north to New Haven ...split to I-91 north in New Haven and follow directions above

Those taking 1-95 south from Boston... theres a bunch of ways you can go, one way is to hop on the mass turnpike west and take I-84 west to I-91 and then follow the I-91 South Directions above.
You can also take 95 south to the 91 merge and go north in New Haven on 91 N..follow directions as above for 91 N...

Thanks everyone.

-al

fishorama
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Martha, I just got home from a short vac but I'll check the worms out soon. I can probably bring some. My culture isn't as good as it should be, out of sight....but last I looked, ok :o

Any plants or shrimp I bring will be a Simply donation, so give Al some money, he's taking the leftovers :)

2075turner
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=brewmaster15;696633]HI all,

Only 4 days to go:D

NOTE>>> DO NOT TAKE TYLER MILL ROAD>>ITS NOT AN OPEN ROAD EVEN THOUGH MAPQUEST SHOWS IT AS ONE. Take this road only if you like haunted dead ends.:bandana:

Been there, done that:alien:

fishorama
11-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Hope my GPS knows not to take me down the haunted road...I hope to see everyone Sat...:alien::p

mmorris
11-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Martha, I just got home from a short vac but I'll check the worms out soon. I can probably bring some. My culture isn't as good as it should be, out of sight....but last I looked, ok :o

:)

Many thanks! :)

Alok
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Anybody from Boston, Lowell, Worcester going and willing to carpool? I will be coming from Manchester, NH. Please let me know. Thanks.

jimg
11-11-2010, 06:59 AM

Me Too!!

jimg
11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I haven't figured out what I will be bringing - something will come to me. :) Unfortunately, I lost my white worm cultures because, due to health reasons, I wasn't able to go in the cellar for a month. I've given away lots of cultures to folks at previous NEDA meetings - does anyone have one going strong that they could bring some and I could start again?

I have plenty I will bring a small tub of them for you.

mmorris
11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Many thanks!

2075turner
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Two more sleeps!:D

jimg
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Many thanks!

You may have to share some with Ashay!

mmorris
11-11-2010, 07:38 PM
You may have to share some with Ashay!

I gave him tons! :confused:

jimg
11-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I will bring a tub, 11"by 15" by 4"deep. Whoever wants any will have to deal with Martha!!!

TFH
11-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Al,

I hope to see you on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing your Discus.

Tom
West Haven

brewmaster15
11-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Great Tom! Looking forward to seeing you again!

-al

ashaysathe
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I gave him tons! :confused:

They all couldn't make the summer Martha with vacations etc :(. They were good for winter. May have to restart :D

roclement
11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
...no Celeste' smix... :( not sure if there is a purpose for all of this anymore...

rodrigo :(

brewmaster15
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
...no Celeste' smix... :( not sure if there is a purpose for all of this anymore...

rodrigo :( Yeah Rod, Got the news today, David and Celeste had something important that came up...and won't be able to Join us this time.:( grillmaster Mark :(won't be there also, he had a change of plans.... still expecting quite a turn out here though....should have a very full house....which is great... From what I can tell, we will have many of the regular crew and several new members joining us. Should be a great time....

Hey just a quick note.. You all may want to wear layers... The woodstove heats the fishroom up quite a bit and its definetly short sleeves weather down there....

al

2075turner
11-12-2010, 12:32 PM
What no David and Mark:(

2075turner
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Is there someone coming from the Brooklyn area that would mind bringing a small box to the meeting? Let me know. Thanks:)

I know last minute, but I thought I would ask...:(:)

roclement
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Perfect weather tomorrow!!! And it's my birthday! What else can I ask for? Friends, discus, and no work! Awesome!

Rodrigo

dpt8
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi folks, Will miss you all. I am most disappointed but we haven't time to get in what we need to do.. See you all soon. Have an awesome time !! I KNOW you all will !!! David

2075turner
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM
So David, now that you aren't going....which fish were you looking at?;)

dpt8
11-12-2010, 02:26 PM
They are now spoken for by someone now but I really liked the 3 red turqs !! :9( They could go in my tank with four 5" leopards.

I still have a really nice proven pair of red SS and Turq SS for sale if someone wants to come here sometime.. Have fun all.. Miss you.

shawnhu
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Is there someone coming from the Brooklyn area that would mind bringing a small box to the meeting? Let me know. Thanks:)

I know last minute, but I thought I would ask...:(:)

I might be able to swing something, contact me on my cell? 646 468 6214

patrick richard
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Dave,

We will sure miss you and Celest. I was looking forward to seeing you again, its been to long. Hope your well, and I'll see you soon.

Mark,

I was also looking forward to you coming down again. I haven't seen you since your first summer party. I hope you and your family are well, and hope to see you soon.

Patrick

brewmaster15
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
19 hours and counting....Brew's been cooking up a storm here, and multi-tasking in the fishroom again...so far nothing burned , broke or flooded ...yet:):):)

-al

Jennie
11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
mmmm, making me hungry!

brewmaster15
11-12-2010, 08:39 PM
mmmm, making me hungry! oh well.. in that case...

Pot of homemade Chile seasoned with only the finest spices grown here at CTdiscus, Pot of 15 Bean and Keilbasa soup, and 2 lazy lasagna with Mozarella and Ricotta cheese.:D:D:D:D:D

-al

Jennie
11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
sux to be me:(

2075turner
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Not to compete with Al's brew, but I will have a case of Canadian beer, lol, literally "Canadian":D

brewmaster15
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Not to compete with Al's brew, but I will have a case of Canadian beer, lol, literally "Canadian":D

cool! real cool!:)

2075turner
11-12-2010, 09:57 PM
oh well.. in that case...

Pot of homemade Chile seasoned with only the finest spices grown here at CTdiscus, Pot of 15 Bean and Keilbasa soup, and 2 lazy lasagna with Mozarella and Ricotta cheese.:D:D:D:D:D

-al

Oh, another thing I will bring will be my appetite:D

ashaysathe
11-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Canadian Beer Nice.. can't wait

2075turner
11-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Yep, even says Canadian on it:D

2075turner
11-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Okay,

Got the beer, got the passport, got some american cash, put gas in the car, got rid of the carseats, got the snacks, GPS is programmed and water changes are done....I'm ready to hit the road at 3 am. Goodnight and see ya tomorrow:D

AngryBird
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Alright. I am coming. Nothing ruined my plan yet so I am ready for the party :balloon:

brewmaster15
11-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Alright. I am coming. Nothing ruined my plan yet so I am ready for the party :balloon:
Great news!!!:) Looking forward to meeting you!!

-al

GrillMaster
11-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Sorry I cant be there! :( Unfortunately I need to work today. I have to get these leaves cleaned up before it snows. Here in NE you never know just when that will be.

I know everyone will have a great time! :)

Hope to see everyone soon...

tc

brewmaster15
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry I cant be there! :( Unfortunately I need to work today. I have to get these leaves cleaned up before it snows. Here in NE you never know just when that will be.

I know everyone will have a great time! :)

Hope to see everyone soon...

tc Hey Mark,
No problem, with landscaping you've got a job to do this time of year thats for sure. You know where to find us should the day be so nice that you'd rather be hanging with the fish nuts here. Have a great day either way....looks to be a beauty for this time of year...

-al

mmorris
11-13-2010, 11:16 AM
They are now spoken for by someone now but I really liked the 3 red turqs !! :9( They could go in my tank with four 5" leopards.

Hi David, I'm so sorry you and Celeste won't be able to make it. Hopefully, next time! I'll be going through party mix withdrawl. I claimed the turqs, by the way. :D Sorry to miss you too, Mark. I suppose you gotta make hay while the sun shines.

brewmaster15
11-13-2010, 12:59 PM
2 hours and counting! safe trip here everyone.:)

-al

William Palumbo
11-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I envy you guys!...We can't get more than 3 or 4 people together for a meeting in a big city like Chicago!...Take plenty of pics!...and have the names under them!...Have fun everyone...Bill

ashaysathe
11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I am waiting .. Rod and Evelyn are coming here and then we all come to your house. 12:18 PM and I am still waiting.. "Where are you guys"

BOBT00LS
11-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I am waiting .. Rod and Evelyn are coming here and then we all come to your house. 12:18 PM and I am still waiting.. "Where are you guys"

See what happens Ashay when I dont come along. I f had made the trip we would have been at your door at 12 pm sharp. Give'em hell when he gets there :D. Dont forget to have a brew and a cigar for me ok Ashay !

Bob

ashaysathe
11-14-2010, 08:43 AM
See what happens Ashay when I dont come along. I f had made the trip we would have been at your door at 12 pm sharp. Give'em hell when he gets there :D. Dont forget to have a brew and a cigar for me ok Ashay !

Bob

Thats right Bob. With you missing to lend control "The Pedro of Brazil" took a lot to gain posture. But the cigar was great, the home brew was really nice and the food - very very nice.

Thanks Mary for an amazing Cake. We Birthday kids enjoyed a ton.

Mostly Importantly - Thanks Al and Carie for hosting this event. Appreciate it very much. It was true pleasure meeting all of us hobbyist - A great great time.

For some reason Al always hand crafts the weather for the event. Nice weather, great turnaround - super time.

roclement
11-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Well I guess 12:30pm is different in CT than NJ...! :)

What a great day!!! Thanks Al and Carie for having us messing up your place...again...CAKE! What a cake!!! I will post later today from (work)... :(

Rodrigo

fishorama
11-14-2010, 11:20 AM
I had wonderful time! Great to see people I've met before & lots of new ones too. Amazing fish, fantastic food, Mary's beautiful & yummy cake & good stout too. Thanks Al & Carrie!

jimg
11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
I Had a great time myself again! I look forward to these every year. Good group of people. Still amazed at the amount of nice tanks and fish Al has!
Thanks AL & Carrie
Jim

roclement
11-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Photos for everyone!
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0690.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0689.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0686.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0683.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0682.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0681.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0680.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0679.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0678.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0677.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0676.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0675.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0674.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0673.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0672.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0670.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0667.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0663.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0662.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0661.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0660.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0659.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0658.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0655.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0654.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0653.jpg
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/rodclement/NEDA%20meeting/IMG_0652.jpg

Post yours!!! Rodrigo

Jennie
11-14-2010, 03:06 PM
awsome Rod!

Tofe
11-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Special thanks to Al and Carrie for hosting another great discus get together. Great food and drink, awesome fish and friends. Happy B day to the 3 also that cake was to die for.

Brian

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

What a great get together....Carrie, I and the kids are all dragging a bit today... I think it hit me last night about 12:30 while Carrie and I and Evelyn were sitting around the table that I was dead beat tired.:)

I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and it was great to meet some new Hobbyists as well. My sincere thanks to all who brought food, beverages and supplies..We had enough to feed a small Army... and special thanks to Rod for bringing some top notch cigars ...Finally, I can't say my thanks enough to Mary, The cake she made and decorated for Rod, Evelyn and Ashay was absolutely stunning!

We had plenty of social time, followed by dinner , then retired outside by a campfire to convene an informal meeting...I think we accomplished alot and we'll be working on some fun stuff this next year...more on that another time.:)

I have photos to share:)

-al

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 06:29 PM
More...

Alok
11-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks again Al and Carrie for the great get together. Missing the fishroom, people, Brew's brew and the great food already! Looking forward to the next one and I hope the people who were unable to make it this time are able to do so next time.

Alok.

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Rod gave a great overview of my fishy room in photos, I have a few more pics that I took since I've been asked a few times for photos of it..

hth,
al

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
few more

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
and more...The angels by themselves are my F2 wild X domestic line. The ones with the Geos are my future wild scalare breeders.:)

brewmaster15
11-14-2010, 07:36 PM
a few additional ones..

mlov1022
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Al thanks again for a wonderful get together yesterday. Your Wife is a doll and your Kids are so well behaved, they don't make a peep. All the food was delicious, wine was great, awesome cigars, and it was great to finally put faces to the names and meet everyone. I will definitely look forward to the next get together. Hopefully we can get the rest of the Jersey/Philly crew to attend.

2075turner
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow, how long was I gone??? Everything changed while I was on the road. Looks good guys. The drive was long but it is worth it every time. Thank you Al and Carrie for putting on another great meeting & your hospitality and thanks to everyone for the great food and drink. I will post my pics once I get them loaded up and once I am done the first round of water changes....

A big thankyou to Mary for that beautiful cake.....you have a great talent there.

MarcG
11-14-2010, 10:22 PM
The cake was beautiful. And delicious. Al's fishroom was awesome as always. Glad to see some L. Dorsigera (personal favorite!). Did I mention the cake?

Glad to meet everybody and finally get my feet wet again! The white butterfly and PB are doing great, munching on some of Al's beefheart mix as I post this..

RichT
11-14-2010, 10:22 PM
What a wonderful day we had. Thank you Al and Carrie for hosting all of us once again. Great weather, great food, great people and great hosts what can be better. Thank Becky and Ethan for keeping Carson busy all day. Didn't see much of him all day. our paths only crossed in your fish room and when it was time to eat.

Take Care
Rich

AngryBird
11-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Had a great time. Thanks to Al and Carrie. It was a perfect weekend. Really nice meeting you all. And Alok, next time we will drive together :)

shawnhu
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Al, when I got home last night, I was knocked out! I can only imagine how tired you must have been after preparing for the meeting, getting all the orders ready, running around hosting, and the many other things behind the scenes that went into this meet. Thank you, and your lovely family for having us. And thanks to all that came and made this NEDA meeting another success!

patrick richard
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
What a great time was had by all. I would like to thank Carrie and Al for opening up their home to us again. The food was excellent, and it was great talking with everyone again. I would also like to thank Mary for making that awsome cake for Rod, Evelyn, and Ashay. I am so happy with the fish that came home with me. Their doing great, and their eating like little piggys.

Till next time,
Patrick

aalbina
11-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Mary and I had a great time! This was our first NEDA meeting and we really enjoyed meeting everyone. Mary is very appreciative of all the comments here on the cake - I have shared them all with her. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Adam and Mary

GrillMaster
11-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Looks like everyone hade a great time again! Usually the case at Al and Carries place...:)

Wish I could have been there. :(

A sad situation arose with one of my customers who suddenly lost his wife and I was obligated to him for that day for the family get together Sunday.

Hope I can make the next one. I missed you guys an gals!

tc

2075turner
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Looks like everyone hade a great time again! Usually the case at Al and Carries place...:)

Wish I could have been there. :(

A sad situation arose with one of my customers who suddenly lost his wife and I was obligated to him for that day for the family get together Sunday.

Hope I can make the next one. I missed you guys an gals!

tc

We missed you too Mark. It wasn't the same not finishing the evening gabbing with ya while having a couple. Till next time in the spring I guess unless I see you at Rod's (if I can make it and weather permitting that is)

Take care, Evelyn