PDA

View Full Version : QUESTON about filtration...help pls

rppr21
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
i been runing my 120g with 2 hot magnum micron for like 5 years, but now i want to go foward and get a pair, i want to have the perfect water parameters that i can get, do i need a wet/dry to have it ??????or i can go just with the hot magnums and 75% water change weekly?
if anyone here beleve that the 2 hot magnums and the 75% water change is not enough to have the water to breed please let me know what i must change on my filtration or in my water changes.
any coment will be APRECIATE! ....TXS
IF IM IN THE CAVE TIME FILTERS LET ME KNOW....LOLOL:D

Skip
10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
well, i think you also need RO water... for breeding/egg hatching..

you might also find more information in the breeding threads...

rppr21
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM

you might also find more information in the breeding threads...

yes forgot to tell that i runing with the ge merlin my water changes, straight from the ro to the tank if that right too??

Eddie
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Not exactly, some people use straight tap for breeding so it really depends on your water source and knowing your water hardness.

Darrell Ward
10-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Not exactly, some people use straight tap for breeding so it really depends on your water source and knowing your water hardness.

Very true. My water is great for SA fish right out of the faucet.

i been runing my 120g with 2 hot magnum micron for like 5 years, but now i want to go foward and get a pair, i want to have the perfect water parameters that i can get, do i need a wet/dry to have it ??????or i can go just with the hot magnums and 75% water change weekly?
if anyone here beleve that the 2 hot magnums and the 75% water change is not enough to have the water to breed please let me know what i must change on my filtration or in my water changes.
any coment will be APRECIATE! ....TXS
IF IM IN THE CAVE TIME FILTERS LET ME KNOW....LOLOL:D

If it works for you, there's really no need to change. I am wondering what you use for bio, or don't you use any. I'm a firm believer in bio filtration. It gives you a good safety margin against ammonia. The only reason you would need RO, or fiddle with your water is if it is very hard. Hard water will decrease the hatch rate of your eggs.

rppr21
10-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Very true. My water is great for SA fish right out of the faucet.

If it works for you, there's really no need to change. I am wondering what you use for bio, or don't you use any. I'm a firm believer in bio filtration. It gives you a good safety margin against ammonia. The only reason you would need RO, or fiddle with your water is if it is very hard. Hard water will decrease the hatch rate of your eggs.

already set up the bio weels for the magnum, thanks!!!

Keith Perkins
10-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I've been very happy with a single Magnum on a 55, so I would think 2 on a 120 would do the job for you.

rppr21
10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been very happy with a single Magnum on a 55, so I would think 2 on a 120 would do the job for you.

thankx , i apriciate your time , it make me feel more comfortable.