PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for setup first Discus Tank

born2blove
10-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Hello every one.
I am new member in this forum.
I would like to setup my Seaclear system II 50galon build in wet/dry filtration.
right now my fish tank has some Angel fish and clown with silica sand, seam like silica sand create too much algae, I need to move them to 55galon tank.
I will tae out the silica sand and use gravel for discus.
My house water system has water softaner also ever time I change my water I use the water from RO Pure system.

have any one in this forum use Seaclear system II for discus fish?
I would like to add 1 more filter like fluval but with this fish tank I don't know where to install fluval.

Some one told me Discus need water change every day, is that right?

Please give me some idea how to make seaclear systm II for Discus fish?

What I need to be done before I buy some discus fish.

Turquoise Discus are 2.5 inches for $40.00 each.
Red Melons $35.00

Thank You

DiscusLoverJeff
10-13-2010, 10:05 AM
As long as you can have access to the top, you can use this for discus and for water changes. yes discus do require a bit more maintainence then other fish, but if done properly, you should have no problem as long as you keep an eye on your water parameters weekly, maybe daily for the first few weeks.

Read some of the posts here for a general idea of discus care, you will get a lot of knowledge from the fine people here.

calihawker
10-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your tank!

born2blove
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
thank you
I try to do some research how to install Eheim filter into the tank.
I amnot going to use wet/dry build in sum

Second Hand Pat
10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
thank you
I try to do some research how to install Eheim filter into the tank.
I amnot going to use wet/dry build in sum

Not sure this helps and is from a review (bottom of the page) of the SeaClear System II 26 Gallon Aquarium Combos from the Petco wetsite.

www.petco.com/product/11540/SeaClear-System-II-26-Gallon-Aquarium-Combos.aspx?cm_mmc=GooglePKW-_-83-SeaClear+System+II+Aquarium+Combo+(897841)-_-"seaclear+system+ii"-_-xxx&pcrid=6181731013&mkwid=s67150petco291345

This is a great set up. I purchased the 40 g. rec. The set up was easy. The only problem I had was the chemical material holder wouldn't fit properly because the pump's exhaust tube blocked it from the required position. This could be problem for most. However, I was already planning to also add a fluvel 205 conister filter for additional filtering-expecially chemical. I was easily able to attach the canister tubes into the dry filters works in the back. ...