PDA

View Full Version : Discus Hans at the CCA meeting in Maryland

Finman57
10-28-2010, 09:09 AM
November 13th, 2010 2pm

Discus Hans and the story of his rise to stardom as a world renowned Discus whisperer.
All kidding aside, Hans has been great supporter of the Capital Cichlid Association as well as other clubs so I hope everyone will come out and support him at our last meeting of the year.
Meeting is in Silver Spring Maryland.
For more information check club site at
www.capitalcichlids.org

John_Nicholson
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Who would want to go listen to him...It is almost as bad as someone showing up to hear.......well me......LOL.

Just kidding anytime you can hear the Dutchie talk it is worth the price of admission.

-john

Discus-Hans
10-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Who would want to go listen to him...It is almost as bad as someone showing up to hear.......well me......LOL.

Just kidding anytime you can hear the Dutchie talk it is worth the price of admission.

-john

Mr. Nicholson, we will see if I understood well May 14th is your 1 hour fame at the CCA lol lol

Hans

John_Nicholson
10-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh it is still a secret....

-john

Discus-Hans
10-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh it is still a secret....

-john

okay shhhhhtttttttt I won't tell anybody,

Hans

Finman57
10-31-2010, 07:52 AM
LOL
See what happens when you reply to one of my posts.
LOL

DonMD
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi, Pat,

I'm not a member of CCA, but I might like to come by and listen to Hans, and your other members. Can you post the address and time? Thanks. -Don

Discus-Hans
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi, Pat,

I'm not a member of CCA, but I might like to come by and listen to Hans, and your other members. Can you post the address and time? Thanks. -Don

Hi Don,

now the club is a VERY relaxed club, visitors (non members) are more as welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the question is: how do I think about that?????? lol lol

Here you go buddy, it starts at 2pm.

Address:
12751 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, Maryland 20906

Directions:
From Route 495 (Washington Beltway):

* Take Georgia Avenue (Route 97) exit north to WHEATON (approximately 4 miles)
* (Cross University Boulevard and then Randolph Road)
* Bear to your right onto Layhill Road (next light past Randolph Road)
* After crossing Glenallan Avenue (first traffic light), look for a large wooden sign with white letters reading “Saddlebrook” and “Park Police Headquarters” on your right.
* Turn right and park in lot in front of you at the bottom of the hill (along the side of the building).
* Go to the front of building (the area of the flagpole) and enter through the right-hand set of double doors.

From the DC Metro:

Take the Red line to the Glenmont station. Meeting address is .41miles North east of the station per DC metro website.

From the Baltimore Area:
o Take I-95 South to exit 33B - Rte 198 West.
o 198 turns into Rte 28 (Norbeck Rd) at New Hampshire Ave.
o After crossing New Hampsire Ave. (Rt650) go approx 2.5 miles to the second traffic light. This should be Layhill Road. Turn left onto Layhill Road (South). Proceed approx. 4 miles.
o The Police Headquarters is on the Left. (If you get to Route 97, you've gone too far.)
o Look for a large wooden sign with white letters reading “Saddlebrook” and “Park Police Headquarters.”
o Turn left and park in lot in front of you at the bottom of the hill (along the side of the building).
o Go to the front of building (the area of the flagpole) and enter through the right-hand set of double doors.

Finman57
11-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Hi, Pat,

Hey there Don.
Like Hans said, no problem.
But the big question is------ How can you not be part of the fastest growing Cichlid club in the country? LOL

Hope to see you that day.

Pat

DonMD
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I'll be there. Thanks.