PDA

View Full Version : 36 Gallon Planted Aquairum Project.

asifgy
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey Guys, been planning this for a long time now, I'm getting rid of my present discus, except for one (Snow White). Presently I have a 36 gallon corner tank, with regular gravel and a few planted trees. I want to totaly redo this tank.
1. Remove all Gravel.
2. Replant all plants in temp 5 gallon tank.
3. Change BioMax, Sponge and carbon on my Fluval 205.
4. I will doing a spilt substrate setup, at the back I plan on using Red Sea Flora Base and at the frount regular white sand seperated by plexiglass. I don't want the two to mix.
5. A fully planted back tank and I will be using Flourish Excel.
6. When my tank is fully cycled and settled (plants starting to grow), I will be buying like 3 - 5" Albino discus from Kenny.

What do you think??? Comments?? Suggestions??? Advice???

catgoldfish
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
So it sounds like you will have 4 discus fish in a 36 gallon? A snow white and 3 5" ones? I think the tank might be a bit small for all four. I think the dicus like to be in groups of 5 or 6. Are you able to get a bigger tank since your starting over?

snowflake311
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Ime 3 is the worst number. One will get picked on by the 2 others till it stops eatting and dies. I have seen it happen a few times. Get 4 or 5 is the best number. Your tank is not big enough for 4 or 5 discus. So rethink things over. Might be time for a larger tank.