PDA

View Full Version : ***I NEED HELP***

pramudika
11-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I have breed discus for the first time (red melon) and i have a little problem.when the fry is young fish wear in good color. but when they came around 1.5 inch, the fish are getting black spots.is there any medication that can reduce black spots?the breeding pair don't have that kind of back patches.now the fish are ugly:confused:.plz can any one help me out.i did gave them color feed as well but the black patches not going any where.

prabuddhasarkar
11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi.these spots are called peppering.generally seen in case of pigeon based discus,i.e. Red melon in your case.this can happen due to poor water quality,or darker substrates or sides of your tank.try to put white or light blue papers outside your tank in 3sides except front.do max WC a day.these are stress response for them.try2put pics of them.best of luck.
thanks
prabuddha sarkar

pramudika
11-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi.these spots are called peppering.generally seen in case of pigeon based discus,i.e. Red melon in your case.this can happen due to poor water quality,or darker substrates or sides of your tank.try to put white or light blue papers outside your tank in 3sides except front.do max WC a day.these are stress response for them.try2put pics of them.best of luck.
thanks
prabuddha sarkar

hears a pic.i was told that it cause by light, so i have tryed put them in indoor tank and some fish outdoor so they can get more light.but result is the same.

mathao
11-13-2010, 07:19 AM
it's peppering and it won't go away , but with a light colored background you might be able to reduce the peppering to a lesser degree.

gixeron1wheel
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Dude, with peppering like that... I would say you have something VERY wrong with your water quality! You better start testing everything right away. Are you doing your water changes? How's the PH? Temp?

There is a question form regarding sick fish. Can you fill it out and post it in the sick fish area? You will get allot of help that way.

kaceyo
11-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Peppering can be increased by issues with stress, water quality, health, dark surroundings etc. But in general, it's a genetic trait and fry that have alot of it are likely the result of poor judgement in breeding, not poor water quality. I'm guessing that one parent is a pigeon blood and the other is...not. That's usually all it takes to produce heavily peppered fry.
However, you can reduce the amount of peppering by putting these fish into very light colored surroundings with no hiding places making sure water conditions and health are in tip top condition.