PDA

View Full Version : NADA CONVENTION 2012 - ARE YOU READY!!!!!

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Did you miss the 2010 NADA Convention? Did you hear about the excellent speakers? How about the amazing show fish? Did you see the pictures? Hear about discus friends, new and old, staying up till 4:00 AM talking discus. Were there people there that you have only talked to on line but you would really like to spend time with talking discus?

Were you at the 2010 NADA Convention and you know how absolutely great it was. Do you wish you could do it all over again...................................

Chad Adams (Sabres1) and I are excited to announce that the NADA BOD has voted that the NADA 2012 Convention will be held in Atlanta, Ga. in June 2012 hosted by the Southeast Discus Enthusiast.

Start making you plans to attend. You have 18 months so no excusses. You don't want to miss it!! As the planning continues we will post updates.

Larry

LizStreithorst
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
GREAT! I was hoping for Atlanta.

brewmaster15
12-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Larry, Chad and the SDE members! :) Best of luck in this show.I'm sure it will be a great one.

-al

John_Nicholson
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Like I told Larry it is now time for all of the work to start. Please keep checking back for more info and raffles.

-john

Eddie
12-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I already have my plane tickets! LOL Just kidding but you know I'll be there, way ahead to help with everything. ;)

DiscusChris
12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Way to go guys! See ya there

Skip
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
"HOT"LANTA!! here i come :))

John_Nicholson
12-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Atlanta should be a great spot. Only 12 hours from the house by car for me. For those that like to fly it has about 9 million flights a day in and out. Also the area seems to have a very happening fish scene happening.

-john

Jennie
12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
HMMMM, If I go, I could rent car and drive to NC to see my sister as well. this looks to be great spot.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I have no idea where I will be at that time but I'll still make it no matter where in the world I am!

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I have no idea where I will be at that time but I'll still make it no matter where in the world I am!

LOL, you are committed Eddie. I already have you down as a judge.

pcsb23
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Any idea of likely dates?

John_Nicholson
12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Paul it will probably be sometime in the latter part of June. Detail's are not 100% set yet.

-john

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Thats correct. We won't start talking to Hotels till after the first of the year. Our plan is mid to late June. Just as soon as we have a firm date we will post it.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Hell yeah, I will slate the last half of June for vacation leave. I'm more than dedicated! I'm eager to see alot of hobbyist enter fish into the show. With this much advance notice, folks need to be prepping their fishes! Lots of AMAZING hobbyist breeders in the US and all of them have fish worthy for competition.

Eddie

Discus-n00b
12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
ATLANA! YEAH! I hope my annual training schedule allows me to be there, didn't last time. We'll see!

2075turner
12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Cool, I'm in

Chad Adams
12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Atlanta should be a great spot. Only 12 hours from the house by car for me. For those that like to fly it has about 9 million flights a day in and out. Also the area seems to have a very happening fish scene happening.
-john
John,
Everyone forgets the flight from Atlanta to Kenya. That's 9,000,001 flights!:p;)
Hell yeah, I will slate the last half of June for vacation leave. I'm more than dedicated! I'm eager to see alot of hobbyist enter fish into the show. With this much advance notice, folks need to be prepping their fishes! Lots of AMAZING hobbyist breeders in the US and all of them have fish worthy for competition.
Eddie
Eddie brings up a great point. Right now you could buy a group of small juvies at a reasonable price & grow them to show fish size in a year & a half!!!
Larry,, myself & the great people of the SEDE are very excited to have this opportunity. I would like to start some threads where SEDE members can introduce themselves & offer their contributions. Also would like to start a thread to see what y'all liked about the show in Dallas so we can make sure we include those specific things in our plans.
Thanks NADA for giving us this opportunity,
Chad

Eddie
12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Also would like to start a thread to see what y'all liked about the show in Dallas so we can make sure we include those specific things in our plans.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Thanks NADA for giving us this opportunity,
Chad

One thing is for sure, the hotel better have a bar or club that stays open past 12 am. Who shuts a bar down at 12 am. Its not Chucky Cheese, its a bar! :bandana:

Jennie
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Evelyn, glad you can make it..would love to meet you!

Elite Aquaria
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Great location only about a 12 hour drive for me. Count me in.

scottthomas
12-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, I'm already here so I should be able to make it. A June date cuts into my striper fishing though. Eddie, Atlanta has hundreds of bars and clubs that stay open all hours my friend.

Jennie
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
don't tell him that!

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Eddie brings up a great point. Right now you could buy a group of small juvies at a reasonable price & grow them to show fish size in a year & a half!!!

We will put together a 2012 NADA challenge thread. What are you growing out for the show? I have mine being delivered this Thursday.

Well, I'm already here so I should be able to make it. A June date cuts into my striper fishing though. Eddie, Atlanta has hundreds of bars and clubs that stay open all hours my friend.

Already got you down Scott. All members of SEDE have to have a written, signed excuse if they plan on missing the show.

Eddie doesn't want to go all over town. He wants whatever hotel we choose to have a bar that stays open late. At the Dallas show the bar closed early and the parking lot became the gathering place. We will work on this.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Yeah but hopefully the hotel where the Show is going to be has a decent bar that stays open late so I can actually crawl back to my room or just pass out in the lobby. LMAO

Thats if the Show is going to be in a hotel like in Dallas.

babakaty
12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
One thing is for sure, the hotel better have a bar or club that stays open past 12 am. Who shuts a bar down at 12 am. Its not Chucky Cheese, its a bar! :bandana:

Eddie, don't forget to get there a few days ahead this time so you don't have to do that zombie thing! :p

Chad Adams
12-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Cool, I'm in

Great, I'll bring my camera! :laugh:

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
LOL, beware of Chad's pictures. He doesn't always do a good job of editing them before posting.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Eddie, don't forget to get there a few days ahead this time so you don't have to do that zombie thing! :p

LOL, yeah, I'll be prepared this time! :D

John_Nicholson
12-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Looks like this one might endup bigger than Dallas....With this much advance notice I expect everyone to make it....LOL.

-john

Eddie
12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks like this one might endup bigger than Dallas....With this much advance notice I expect everyone to make it....LOL.

-john

Heck yeah, ME TOO!! Everybody on Simply needs to attend!

Jennie
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I agree.. names to faces for some of us

scottthomas
12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Heck yeah, ME TOO!! Everybody on Simply needs to attend!

That would be great. I would love to meet all of the Simply peeps. And if there is no bar at the hotel I will be dd :) I know a few places.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 09:36 PM
That would be great. I would love to meet all of the Simply peeps. And if there is no bar at the hotel I will be dd :) I know a few places.

Hey Scott, as long as you can pick me up off the ground at the end of night, I'm game! LOL

Jennie
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
May take couple people..We'll just toss you in the backseat of car and check on you every 30 minutes or so. Sound good Eddie

Eddie
12-13-2010, 10:07 PM
May take couple people..We'll just toss you in the backseat of car and check on you every 30 minutes or so. Sound good Eddie

That'll work, no need to check on me, I'll be fine. LOL

Larry Bugg
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
He has that military training. He may look dead but he really has one eye cracked.

Jennie
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh, I see you are experienced in these situations! LOL.. I was gonna say we'll even lock the doors for your safety

Eddie
12-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh, I see you are experienced in these situations! LOL.. I was gonna say we'll even lock the doors for your safety

Actually a good idea for the safety of others! LOL

Disgirl
12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Yaaaay, my part of the country, sort of. I will be there! Have not been there since my husband and I had our honeymoon there a long time ago!
Barb

Jennie
12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
COOL Barb! bring me cones! LOL

Eddie
12-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Yaaaay, my part of the country, sort of. I will be there! Have not been there since my husband and I had our honeymoon there a long time ago!
Barb

Will be great to see meet you Barb!

He has that military training. He may look dead but he really has one eye cracked.

LOL, thats right Larry, always gotta be ready for anything! :)

Larry Bugg
12-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Barb

That is great Barb. You are actually on the list of people we have to contact. We are going to try to set up a vendor room for this convention. No details at this time but we thought your cones would be a hit.

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Sweet. I will definitely be there!!!

Eddie
12-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Sweet. I will definitely be there!!!

NICE!!! Will be great to meet you Ryan

JaredP
12-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Of course Im going to be there! When Larry and Chad mentioned there would be a chance to host the 2012 NADA show I became very excited, and quickly offered my talents. I can't wait to meet all the other forum members!

Also, I'm pretty sure most of you guys are lightweights when it comes to drinking compared to what I deal with at car shows, so it'll be easy to make sure everyone makes it back to a bed, may not have been your bed, but you'll get to one!

bonsai dave
12-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Well I got the thumbs up from the wife so I'll be there . Plus i can make a stop at the Aquarium in Atlanta. I can't wait

Discus-n00b
12-14-2010, 02:16 AM
The aquarium is a must during everyone's stay in Atlanta. A sight to behold.

Chad Hughes
12-14-2010, 02:16 AM
What happened to the next NADA conference being in San Diego? I put that plug in during the last convention! LOL!

Despite the heat and one of the busiest airport in the country, I'm definately attending.

Wouldn't miss this one!

Best wishes!

Larry Bugg
12-14-2010, 02:38 AM
What happened to the next NADA conference being in San Diego? I put that plug in during the last convention! LOL!

Despite the heat and one of the busiest airport in the country, I'm definately attending.

Wouldn't miss this one!

Best wishes!

LOL, you should have plugged someone who was willing to submit a application and commit to doing all the work.

We intend to make it worth your time to come to Atlanta Chad. Glad you can make it.

Chad Hughes
12-14-2010, 02:44 AM
LOL, you should have plugged someone who was willing to submit a application and commit to doing all the work.

We intend to make it worth your time to come to Atlanta Chad. Glad you can make it.

LOL! Yeah, I guess so. Maybe next time. I won't miss this one!

Best wishes!

Chad Adams
12-14-2010, 02:46 AM
LOL! Yeah, I guess so. Maybe next time. I won't miss this one!
Best wishes!

Hoping you'll enter some Marlboro Reds in the Show!
Chad

Chad Hughes
12-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Hoping to have a nice little group of them by 2012! ;)

I think you're first on the list for that spawn.

Fingers crossed!

Hoping you'll enter some Marlboro Reds in the Show!
Chad

roundfishross
12-14-2010, 09:12 AM
ole roundfish has got a few around here...... lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!

LizStreithorst
12-14-2010, 09:24 AM
I should have a BD ready by then. If the force stays with me I may have a Bue Scorpion as well. Will the classes be the same as in 2010 or is it yet to be decided?

Jennie
12-14-2010, 09:33 AM
You do have some nice fish, I'll give you that!:)
ole roundfish has got a few around here...... lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!

scottthomas
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
It is a nice aquarium, don't get me wrong, but I like the one in Chatanooga much better. Its not far from Atlanta, not crowded, better design if not as large and cheaper. On a crowded day at the Atlanta Aquarium there are mobs in front of the tanks that wont move. In Tennesee it is designed so that you have to walk along and everyone gets to have a great view. Also, the last time I was at the Atlanta Aquarium they were doing a poor job with Hans' Discus (Which were domestic discus labeled as wild discus I believe) Oh well, I guess even the big Aquariums dont keep their discus to our standards. :)

The aquarium is a must during everyone's stay in Atlanta. A sight to behold.

Eddie
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't even explain the excitement! I'd really like to see a HUGE amount of hobbyists compete in the 2012 show.

roundfishross
12-14-2010, 07:46 PM
It is a nice aquarium, don't get me wrong, but I like the one in Chatanooga much better. Its not far from Atlanta, not crowded, better design if not as large and cheaper. On a crowded day at the Atlanta Aquarium there are mobs in front of the tanks that wont move. In Tennesee it is designed so that you have to walk along and everyone gets to have a great view. Also, the last time I was at the Atlanta Aquarium they were doing a poor job with Hans' Discus (Which were domestic discus labeled as wild discus I believe) Oh well, I guess even the big Aquariums dont keep their discus to our standards. :)

plus 1 last I saw them they looked like hell. the first time I went they had nice wilds , last time I went they had sickly looking domestics:(

Larry Bugg
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
So would I Eddie................

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?84513-2012-NADA-Convention-Show-Challenge

Kingdom Come Discus
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I can't wait.

inmisawa
12-14-2010, 11:41 PM
I may attend, depending on how things look at that time of the year. I was acutally just in Atlanta at the Hyatt a couple of months ago. The aquarium and Coca-Coal museum were just down the way. I'd be happy to go back for a couple of days. And there are plenty of late night clubs around there!

Eddie
12-15-2010, 12:04 AM
I may attend, depending on how things look at that time of the year. I was acutally just in Atlanta at the Hyatt a couple of months ago. The aquarium and Coca-Coal museum were just down the way. I'd be happy to go back for a couple of days. And there are plenty of late night clubs around there!

Sounds inviting! :bounce2:

Jennie
12-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Atlanta is like Miami..always something to do!

Scribbles
12-16-2010, 02:14 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread the last couple of days. I'm definately there!

Chris

John_Nicholson
12-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing you there.

-john

DiscusChris
12-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Ill be in my new place within the next 6 months, giving me just about a year to do some serious growing. My plans for my new setup involve a fully automated 100% daily W/C drip system on ALL of my growout tanks..... hehe ;)

seanyuki
12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Evelynn......are you bringing any discus for the show?......I have some juv wilds and thinking of getting some domestic solid color strain now perhaps may be ready for the show during that period......how to ship them/procedures from Canada to Atlanta ........perhaps others could chime in.

Discus-Hans
12-17-2010, 01:15 AM
plus 1 last I saw them they looked like hell. the first time I went they had nice wilds , last time I went they had sickly looking domestics:(

Let me make sure that was not how they got them. Those were all selected Discus, to prevent anything could go wrong, I let my help drive them direct after we packed them, on my account, to Atlanta to make sure nothing could go wrong in shipping. In quaranteen the Discus did great, the moment the went in the tank, problems started. Back in Q. all fine, back in the tank, problems. I asked for pictures of the tank, never got them, they ordered about a year later some more, again promised pictures, never got them.

Okay for the show, I indeed hope to see a LOT of entrees from hobbyists, and to let you know, if I come I don't want to go trough the same as the first show, that's for sure lol lol

Hans

ikevi
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=Discus-Hans;708601 Back in Q. all fine, back in the tank, problems.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand they have always had a big problem with nearly all the fresh water tanks that they want to keep with lower ph. I know they tried recoating the tanks 2-3 times a least. with different epoxies. It would be interesting to find out if they are trying to fight the ph rise and causing giant ph swings ever water change...

Note my info on the ph problems is a few years old now, but basically ever time I go there if the tank is fresh water and isn't over 70% acrylic then the fish tend to be worse for the ware. (Well except the African tank, but they can take the high ph.)

As for the show at Atlanta, I know it will turn out great and I look forward to having an excuse to come visit Atlanta. (And yes I am living in Atlanta right now, but I am moving in May...)

Eddie
12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Okay for the show, I indeed hope to see a LOT of entrees from hobbyists, and to let you know, if I come I don't want to go trough the same as the first show, that's for sure lol lol

Hans

Come on Hans, its about the same distance driving so you should be alright. LOL I hear you though, you were vital to the success of the show!

Larry Bugg
12-17-2010, 11:23 AM
As for the show at Atlanta, I know it will turn out great and I look forward to having an excuse to come visit Atlanta. (And yes I am living in Atlanta right now, but I am moving in May...)

IF YOU COME????????

IF??????

Chad Hughes
12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Oooooo...... I wouldn't go that far. LOL!

Atlanta is like Miami..always something to do!

jawfish
12-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Hmmm. Tempting...

for me the plane might be a better alternative, since it`s a 20 hour drive, but then again I`ve towed my race car for a few hours longer when I went to Topeka, KS....

I`ll be looking at more details, since I`m definetly considering comming down !!!

Cheers,

Fred

Chad Adams
12-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Hmmm. Tempting...
I`ve towed my race car for a few hours longer when I went to Topeka, KS....
Cheers,
Fred

Ever hear of Road Atlanta... Just an idea?

Jennie
12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, we aren't talking portland Maine, lol...ok nightlife a little different than Miami, but some none the less:)

ikevi
12-18-2010, 03:43 AM
IF YOU COME????????

IF??????

Seeing as I haven't even excepted a job yet, it is a little early to say I will even have vacation days to use to get to Atl... But I can say it will my second priority aside for Christmas. (So basically yes I will be there... but I want to be ready in case of a curve ball :-)

roundfishross
12-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Let me make sure that was not how they got them. Those were all selected Discus, to prevent anything could go wrong, I let my help drive them direct after we packed them, on my account, to Atlanta to make sure nothing could go wrong in shipping. In quaranteen the Discus did great, the moment the went in the tank, problems started. Back in Q. all fine, back in the tank, problems. I asked for pictures of the tank, never got them, they ordered about a year later some more, again promised pictures, never got them.

Hans

hey hans it is obvious that the discus were nice when they arrived but they are not being cared for properly..

2075turner
12-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi Evelynn......are you bringing any discus for the show?......I have some juv wilds and thinking of getting some domestic solid color strain now perhaps may be ready for the show during that period......how to ship them/procedures from Canada to Atlanta ........perhaps others could chime in.

Hey Francis,

I will have to see how things are with the border and the permits needed to bring fish accross it as the time gets closer. With things changing every year it's hard to say at this time. I know I got a few around here I would take and I have some that I am growing out that I would like to see how they turn out 8-D

2075turner
12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Great, I'll bring my camera! :laugh:

LOL, Remember only the good sides and none of those surprise shots;)

jawfish
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Ever hear of Road Atlanta... Just an idea?

Yup... it's on the To-DO list ;-)

Seriously I may just take a 2 week vacation, drive down the coast end take it at a leasury pace...
Drving the top down is always fun...

Ben75
12-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I am giving this show some serious thought.
Might have to organise a few Aussies to come along.

Eddie
12-21-2010, 12:15 AM

Ben, it would be great to have you and others attend. It will be quite the show!

Chad Adams
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Anyone else decide to commit?
Chad

DonMD
01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Yep, I'm thinking that Atlanta isn't too far from the Washington DC area, and would make a nice break from "stuff" here. I'm 75% sure to go.

Skip
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM

"Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi"

LizStreithorst
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I know that I've already posted, but you guys don't know how much I yearn for it.

Disgirl
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I will be there for sure! It is about a 12 hr. drive from here I think.
Barb

Chad Hughes
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Looking forward to finally meeting you Barb! Make sure you bring LOTS of cones with you. ;-)

Larry Bugg
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I will be there for sure! It is about a 12 hr. drive from here I think.
Barb

How far are you from Morehead City. I make that drive in 10 hours when I'm heading to Ocracoke to fish.

Eddie
02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm already ready! Can't tell I'm excited. WOoHOOo!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Chad Adams
02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm already ready! Can't tell I'm excited. WOoHOOo!

I agree Eddie! As you know we will have some New Updates coming real soon!
Chad

jawfish
02-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Well you two better start sharing the details ;-)

The more you go about it, the more I'm planning to attend

Cheers,

Fred

Larry Bugg
02-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Well stayed tuned...................it could come any day now.

MostlyDiscus
02-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I cant wait to fire up a cigar with Liz and Al. oh ya

LizStreithorst
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing you again, too Ed. Hope you can stay for the whole thing this time.

Eddie
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I cant wait to fire up a cigar with Liz and Al. oh ya

What! Okay then Ed, I'll fire one up on my own. Lol

John Smith
02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Hmmm,I coming me too...I have a lot of friends in Atlanta !

Eddie
02-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Hmmm,I coming me too...I have a lot of friends in Atlanta !

And if you don't have friends in Atlanta, you will make a bunch at the show!

Moon
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
If Eddie can make it from Japan I can make it from Canada. I'll be there.

Chad Adams
02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
If Eddie can make it from Japan I can make it from Canada. I'll be there.

Awesome Moon. I know you'll make it! Look forward to seeing you again.
Chad

Jennie
02-13-2011, 06:29 AM
And VERA needs to come from Ukraine, right Vera!!!!!!!!!!

vera
02-13-2011, 06:34 AM
if u go i come LOL

Jennie
02-13-2011, 06:54 AM
deal! I cant be just one of few women to attend!

Skip
02-15-2011, 04:31 PM

oh.. not alot of women attend :angry: :gorgeous:

guess its all about the fish!:idea2:

:cheesy:

Jennie
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
shut up skip :)

Discus-Hans
02-16-2011, 02:36 AM

My Boss is there too, so you're not alone lol

Hans

Disgirl
02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll be there Jennie and Mrs. Hans, at least 3 of us then...
Barb

yim11
02-16-2011, 11:11 PM
I probably won't be able to shake my ole lady...

Discus-Hans
02-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Barb

Mrs. Hans = Joanne lol I'm more Mr. Joanne :p

I probably won't be able to shake my ole lady...

Ohhh yes she has to, Joanne & I are not going to Babysit you again lol lol

Hans

Jennie
02-17-2011, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=Discus-Hans;729857]Mrs. Hans = Joanne lol I'm more Mr. Joanne :p

I believe this somehow! Will be a pleasure to meet her!!! and you too of course Hans!

Scribbles
02-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I'll be there so add one more.

Chris

Eddie
02-17-2011, 07:57 AM
I'll be there so add one more.

Chris

Thats great Chris! Will be good to see you again. Hope all is well!

Eddie

alpine
02-17-2011, 05:35 PM
yes...I always like to go these Conventions and mingle with Mr and Mrs Joanne . :)

Roberto.

Jennie
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
chris, didn't realize you were a woman, will be great to meet you as well

Skip
02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
shut up skip :)

OMG!!>? was that outloud?!!? i am SOOOO DRUNK!!! ;)

Jennie
02-18-2011, 02:10 AM
you must be drunk allot skip...

Eddie
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM

LMAO

Jennie
02-18-2011, 08:54 AM
I was wondering when side show Bob would make appearance
LMAO

Eddie
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I was wondering when side show Bob would make appearance

LMAO, more. :)

seanyuki
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
need to start eating cup noodles again to save up some cash to attend this big discus convention in Atlanta.

Larry Bugg
02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
LMAO, more. :)

Me too, LOL.

Eddie
02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
need to start eating cup noodles again to save up some cash to attend this big discus convention in Atlanta.

Hell yeah Francis, this one's gonna be a big one! WOOHOOO

2075turner
02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Barb

Don't forget about me

2075turner
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM

You can always fly over to Ottawa and we can carpool Francis.

Jennie
02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Evelyn, I thought about you but wasn't sure if you were going or not! glad to hear you will be there
Don't forget about me

2075turner
02-19-2011, 10:04 PM
yep, 99.9% chance...if I can drive it, I will go

Disgirl
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear you will be there too Evelyn! We girls will have to have a special get-together in Atlanta during the convention!
Barb

OHern4ever
05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Did they get the aquarium there up and running 100%. Was it not last year that they had to shut down a lot of the exhibits because of the drought?

scottthomas
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Did they get the aquarium there up and running 100%. Was it not last year that they had to shut down a lot of the exhibits because of the drought?

I didnt remember shutting down due to drought

Northstr31
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
We need to organize a carpool from south Florida...

MostlyDiscus
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
What! Okay then Ed, I'll fire one up on my own. Lol

Dont worry Eddie. I will have a few cigars for you as well

2075turner
05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I didnt remember shutting down due to drought

Was the "drought" at the bar?

scottthomas
05-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Was the "drought" at the bar?

Better not be. Probably wasnt cause I cant remember. :\

2075turner
05-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Better not be. Probably wasnt cause I cant remember. :\

LOL, that's the best way...no memory 9-)

Just hope no one has a camera! lol

Jennie
05-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I will Evelyn..and I love to take pics!!!!

2075turner
05-15-2011, 01:52 AM
LOL, too funny.

Cheese

cmd4r
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
To the organizers of the conference: Andrew Soh put together a workshop in Singapore that generated a lot of interest on another thread here on SD:

Thread #: 87097 "Andrew-Soh-workshop-on-Artificial-Discus-Breeding-amp-Guppy-health-issues-...."

Might be a good idea to consider him for a potential speaking slot. I bet several people will be interested in his thoughts on time-efficient discus breeding and rearing - valuable for the many NADA and SD members encumbered by a full-time job though still wanting to actively participate in the hobby.

2075turner
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Funny you posted this. I just came across it now while looking through a different thread and was kicking myself that I didn't go to Aquarama this year because of I wanted to attend his workshop. I for one would love to attend it if available at NADA 2012.

Eddie
06-10-2011, 05:16 PM
To the organizers of the conference: Andrew Soh put together a workshop in Singapore that generated a lot of interest on another thread here on SD:

Thread #: 87097 "Andrew-Soh-workshop-on-Artificial-Discus-Breeding-amp-Guppy-health-issues-...."

Might be a good idea to consider him for a potential speaking slot. I bet several people will be interested in his thoughts on time-efficient discus breeding and rearing - valuable for the many NADA and SD members encumbered by a full-time job though still wanting to actively participate in the hobby.

LOL, that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure the NADA convention is going to bring a lot of great surprises for everyone who attends! Hint Hint...You do not want to miss it! Wish I could be there.

Eddie

Larry Bugg
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
LOL, that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure the NADA convention is going to bring a lot of great surprises for everyone who attends! Hint Hint...You do not want to miss it! Wish I could be there.

Eddie

LOL, you teaser you.

Missed seeing you around Eddie!!

MostlyDiscus
06-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Andrew Soh would be awesome. No question the room would be packed.
Ed

texasdiscusman
06-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Ok we are at the one year mark!Do we know what hotel and the actual dates of when this show will happend.Time is running out could we please get some confirmed information on this show.

Scribbles
06-23-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm also curious about hotel info. I am trying to sort out a budget and how much this will cost.

Chris

texasdiscusman
06-23-2011, 02:10 AM
I here you chris not many people getting answers on what is going on.A show this size should have dates and hotels locked in by now.That's for sure

Chad Adams
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I here you chris not many people getting answers on what is going on.A show this size should have dates and hotels locked in by now.That's for sure

Hey Randy my friend. Thanks for bringing this stuff up. We apologize for the miscommunication. If you will look at previous posts we announced dates several months ago. The dates are June 22nd - June 24th, 2012.
About the hotel, that's not entirely true about having it locked in by now. We are not planning on this, but you can lock in a hotel just about anytime. The lock in date that we had was the one year mark. But, I don't know if you have ever worked with volunteers but things don't always hit their mark. Also, to save the NADA members the most money, negotiations take some time. Chris, we are trying to keep the hotel room under $100 per night. You may not be aware of this, but also NADA is smack dab in the middle of elections at this point. A final point, when NADA first posted about wanting to do a show, that was at the ACA convention in Cincinnati, Aug, 2009. The show was held in June, 2010.
The main concentration is on securing speakers & fund-raising at this point.
My friends & I that went last year never made a decision to go until 1 month before the convention. Everything worked out fine.
If you have any specific questions, or feel you may have some time/effort/ideas to add please feel free to e-mail Larry Bugg, Jerry Baer or myself.
Remember there has been a lot of upheavel that has happened in NADA within the last few months. It would be sad to add to that with negative public comments.
Again, if you would like to help, please contact us. We are always willing to use more volunteers willing to work.
Please understand the ground we have made so far is significant. We have some very good things happening with this show. We cannot announce stuff so far out until we are absolutely sure they are going to happen. Lots of stuff can go wrong with a show of this magnitude. We have to be careful, otherwise NADA can look very foolish.
We all can also help by buying raffle tickets! Liz has donated some beauties that will close off real soon. This not only helps NADA but you may also win these guys!
Thank you for your time & interest in the show.
Chad

yim11
06-23-2011, 12:45 PM
About the hotel, that's not entirely true about having it locked in by now. We are not planning on this, but you can lock in a hotel just about anytime.

The concern would be if the dates are available at the hotel you choose, summer is a very busy convention time and hotels recommmend having commitments a year out to make sure your dates are available.

Larry Bugg
06-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Chad is not saying that the work with the hotels has not been started, it has. We have already talked with the major hotels close to the Atlanta Airport and gotten their initial responses along with verifying that the dates were available. We have narrowed the selection down to 3 and are in the process of getting written proposals/cost from them. As Chad said, we had really hoped to have this completed by now but we find ourselves a few weeks behind our schedule. We will get the info to you just a quickly as possible.

Scribbles
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Chad,
Thanks for updating us on what is going on. I am welll aware of the recent issues with NADA. I visit the site often to look for show updates. I have also booked a hotel for a major event so am well aware of the time restraints to get the dates that are needed in the middle of the busy summer vacation season. It's nice that you can decide on taking a trip on short notice. I however, live with someone with a chronic illness and have to have another family member take time off of work to stay with him in order to feel comfortable leaving. That person has to put in for time now in order to be assured to get it. I am sorry if you were offended by my question. I simply wanted to know what was going on.

Chris

Chad Adams
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Chad,
Thanks for updating us on what is going on. I am welll aware of the recent issues with NADA. I visit the site often to look for show updates. I have also booked a hotel for a major event so am well aware of the time restraints to get the dates that are needed in the middle of the busy summer vacation season. It's nice that you can decide on taking a trip on short notice. I however, live with someone with a chronic illness and have to have another family member take time off of work to stay with him in order to feel comfortable leaving. That person has to put in for time now in order to be assured to get it. I am sorry if you were offended by my question. I simply wanted to know what was going on.

Chris

Hey Chris,
Sorry if it sounded that way. I was not offended at all. Larry, Jerry, the raffle team & I are putting in as much time as possible right now. I have actually gotten
some recent responses of people that want to help. That's encouraging. Thank you.
Chad

Moon
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Hey Chris,
Sorry if it sounded that way. I was not offended at all. Larry, Jerry, the raffle team & I are putting in as much time as possible right now. I have actually gotten
some recent responses of people that want to help. That's encouraging. Thank you.
Chad

Chad
Sent you a PM.

yogi
06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Ok so we all now know the dates are June 22nd to June 24th 2012 in Atlanta, Ga. There is enough hotels around that airport that we should find one that can accommodate these dates. I do agree that it is in our best interest to pick a hotel as soon as possible. If you look at this thread from July of 2009 about 11 months before our 2010 show you will see that were right about where we are now. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?72712-NADA-Discus-Show-Dallas-Texas

So once the hotel is picked and agreed on the real work will really begin. We do have a possible speaker list and I'll leave it for Larry or Chad to post. We will need to get tanks, stands, a blower, sponge filters, table cloths, etc. We will have to work at getting as much donated or at wholesale as possible. We didn't promote the last show in any of the topical fish magazines so we need to look into getting at least one or more to do a write up about the upcoming show, and we need to promote it on as many fish web sites as possible. The people in the Atlanta area will need to put flyers and posters in pet shops all around the Atlanta area.

I think we will need to have the show web site up and running by sometime in September. This will need someone to also track registrations. We will have to send begging letters to a lot of companies in the tropical fish industry for products and donations. This will help us put together gift bags to handout to everyone who registers. We will need awards, a photographer, audio/video equipment. I'm sure there is a lot more things that I can't think of right now. We have 11 months to get this all done, plus we will need to have a few more discus raffles to help raise money for the show.

So like Chad asked anyone who is willing to help in some way please contact him. Thanks,

Chad Adams
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Chad
Sent you a PM.

Moon,
I got it buddy. Thank you for the support my friend. I'll shoot you back tonight or tomorrow.
Hope all your fishies are doing well.
Chad

wadewc
07-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I plan to attend the NADA convention. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am also interested entering one or two fish. Sorry not to sure how to do this. Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Wade

Chad Adams
07-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I plan to attend the NADA convention. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am also interested entering one or two fish. Sorry not to sure how to do this. Let me know what I can do to help.
Thanks,
Wade

Wade,
Awesome my friend. Just continue to condition them guys for the show. I'm sure it will be an awesome experience!
We will get specifics for entries out there as we get closer to the actual show.
Chad

Sean Buehrle
07-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Sorry for being so lazy and not going through this entire thread but has the date been set for this yet?

I think it wiuld be fun to go to to one of these and would like to start planning for it now.

Nevermind i see the date, DOH !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2075turner
12-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Had a very bad day today:mad: not in a good mood:(

To make me feel better;) I wanted to come here and read about the great time I'm going to have at the next NADA:)

Looking to be a great show again....looking forward to it:D

seanyuki
12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
hey Evelyn.....to make u smile now and gonna have nice/great/funny/old lol people attending the show lah.....nice discus,great foods & sharing experiences during the show .......perhaps organize a day tour in Atlanta during our stay there.......any nightlife in Atlanta just curious.?

Had a very bad day today:mad: not in a good mood:(

To make me feel better;) I wanted to come here and read about the great time I'm going to have at the next NADA:)

Looking to be a great show again....looking forward to it:D

LizStreithorst
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm with you, Evelyn. Life is hard. A NADA show is heaven. My very bones yearn for it. Soon........

roclement
12-09-2011, 10:29 PM
fun fun fun! if this is to be my vacation for the year, it better be fun! I want that guaranteed in writing! :)

Rodrigo

Chicago Discus
12-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm planing on going its going to be so much fun

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<. Josie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2075turner
12-09-2011, 11:26 PM
fun fun fun! if this is to be my vacation for the year, it better be fun! I want that guaranteed in writing! :)

Rodrigo

Well Rod, if it's anything like the first NADA show that I went to last year...your going to have fun;)

It put a smile on my grumpy face tonight:) ....looking forward to it....already got my tickets

Skip
12-10-2011, 02:58 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kingdom Come Discus
12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I am counting the days.

Chicago Discus
12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
How many people do you guys think will attend?

nwehrman
12-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm planning on going too...just working on the details!!

TURQ64
12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I keep flip-flopping on whether or not to try and pull off being in Georgia and Idaho in the same week...Gonna give it a lot of thought to make it work out....

John_Nicholson
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
How many people do you guys think will attend?

A bunch and with you a bunch + 1.

-john

Skip
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
EDDIE and SKIP.. Going to NADA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-eVyS6Q1lM&feature=related