PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a permeate pump on their ro yet?

jimg
12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
wondering if they work, any differences. not a booster, but goes to outlet line

roundfishross
12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
this should be in general discussion section

jimg
12-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I am asking for a product review

John_Nicholson
12-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I have one on my new RO unit. Not sure if I like it or not. It does seem to reduce the waste water ( but then again I use my "waste" water for water changes on the non-breeding rack so is it really "waste" water...), but I also think it reduces the RO water some. It was part of the package for my unit. I don't think I would spend extra money to get one.

-john

jimg
12-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks John I use 2 75 gpd units into a 55g storage. one waste to juvenile aging tanks the other to drain. I have a lot of pressure loss on one unit and the waste keeps coming out even after the float valve shuts off the ro so I need to order some parts and saw the permeate pump there, said it was supposed to cut waste by a huge amount. I'll forget it. Thanks again

roundfishross
12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
you need a check valve on the membrane housing if its continuing to make waste,.... that is assuming that you have an autoshuttoff properly installed

jimg
12-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I found it's 2 things, the flow restrictor/flush valve and the auto shutoff valve
The restictor I have does nothing. I switched it to the good unit it still didn't restrict, but when I put the good restrictor on the bad unit that still didn't work until I changed both restrictor and auto shutoff. The unit is around 6-7 years old so I'll just buy all new parts.
The check valve works, I don't think it would be that because it stops water from going back into the membrane, not going out. going out is where it's not stopping.