PDA

View Full Version : My new set-up(video)

Brevcom
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I uploaded a new vid to youtube, tell me what you think. I was thinking maybe sand (black) or should I just leave it as is? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDOSVa9MMU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Justice
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Nice looking crew you have in that tank and tank is sharp as well.

I vote leave the light coored sand in there.

Altum Nut
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I would just leave it as it is. Wonderful distribution of plants and a very fine layer of sand.
There maybe still some issues with the bulk stacked river rock holding fish and food debris which can alter water quality.
Should be fine if you pay attention to cleaning it out every couple of weeks considering it's a 300g tank.
Again great job and fish also look healthy and happy.

...Ralph

Chad Hughes
01-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Looks great!

I did notice a bit of a current in the tank. What type of filtration are you running?

Awesome setup!

Best wishes!

Brevcom
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I would just leave it as it is. Wonderful distribution of plants and a very fine layer of sand.
There maybe still some issues with the bulk stacked river rock holding fish and food debris which can alter water quality.
Should be fine if you pay attention to cleaning it out every couple of weeks considering it's a 300g tank.
Again great job and fish also look healthy and happy.

...Ralph

Healthy and happy is my number one priority. I do 50g water changes every 2 days and I clean that island of river rock as well with each water change.

Lukan
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I love how that tank looks. It is very clean. If i decide to add plants i would emulate that set up for sure. Very Nice....

Marte

Jennie
01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
at 44 seconds in on the vid, the light light colored pigeon strain, is that fungus on the tail???

Second Hand Pat
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
at 44 seconds in on the vid, the light light colored pigeon strain, is that fungus on the tail???

Looks that way to me too. Also this fish appears to me to be breathing a bit harder than the others.

BTW, lovely tank and fish. I love the blue river rock but would not want to dismantle it for cleaning.