PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Eheim 2215

axl10
01-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Hey,
did a wc this arvo and noticed there wasn't much flow coming out of the outlet so i gave it a clean and checked the shaft, propeller etc. I also cleaned the outlet pipe as there was some gunk in there. I primed it back up again and the filter keep making noises with hardly any flow coming out.
I gave the cannister a shake to try and get the air out as there were small bubbles coming out of the outlet. Do you reckon the propeller needs replacing and the cannister is only 11 months old.
Whats yours thoughts and I also tried to re prime it 4 times with the same results

Cheers Tim

mkv
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Tim:

I have a 2213 that was doing the same. I took the impeller assembly out and clean booth the housing and the impeller as some gunk gets in there and affects the flow. That did the trick from me. Good luck...

Fern
01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Check the impeller just to eliminate it as the problem. The way to get this filter running from my experience is to remove the spray bar take the hose and suck water into the canister (not on but unplugged) and if your canister is on the floor the water level will go up to the aquarium height. Then connect the spray bar and place it back, then plug it in and it should work. Usually air trapped in the cannister is the culprit due to the angle of the cannister if at an angle.
WHEN YOU SIPHON THE WATER INTO THE CANNISTER AS IT FILLS UP MAKE SURE THE HOSE IS UP TO THE AQUARIUM HEIGHT. IF NOT YOU ARE GOING TO BE MOPPING LOTS OF WATER.

Hope this helps