PDA

View Full Version : interested

lpiasente
01-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I saw some nice salt water fish on the weekend and I am now thinking that I would love to start up a small tank. I just loved how buys the marine fish are and the shapes and colours are just fantastic.I hear that the corals and love rock are hard to maintain, is this true or is that just that they are lazy aquarium keepers. Where is the best place for me to read a site like this one but on salt water fish. thanks

Second Hand Pat
01-16-2011, 12:09 AM
If you want a forum like this I also am a member here, http://www.reeflounge.com/. Like discus do your research.

lpiasente
01-16-2011, 12:45 AM
thanks I will get on and have a look

mikel
01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Good luck with saltwater. I started with discus, and still have two tanks of discus, but I now also have a small 20 gal nano tank with two mandarins. My first and only shock was that people in the saltwater world think of 20% water change once a week as a MAJOR water change...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just shocked! I do 60% water change per tank EVERYDAY for my discus!!!! Have fun.It's a great hobby to complement the discus addiction. mike

semiaj_m
01-26-2011, 03:00 AM
check out reefcentral.com

lpiasente
01-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info. i thought a smallish tank would be nice for a starter. I have a 150 litre that i am growing some juvies out in and when that is finished with I thought I would set that one up. I really would like some of the little clown fish ( like nemo ). I like how they are busy and I just love the corals. I will be upgrading my 4x2x2 to a 6x2x2 later on in the year and was going to get rid of the 4ft but I think I may have to pop it away in the shed just incase I decide I NEED a big reef tank in the future. are the corals expensive? I haven't had a look at the prices of them. Saltwater fish seem to be very well priced. What an addiction :)

Joker43
01-28-2011, 06:03 PM
If you have Discus and do all that is needed (especially to raise them) salt water is the same.
Research and study.

lpiasente
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Yep I will be reading for sure. I made too many mistakes, recieved bad advice and killed far too mayny fish and wasted tooooooooooooo much money. My next fishie adventure will be done the right way

lpiasente
01-30-2011, 05:41 AM
I went shopping today just, window shopping. Now I am really keen.