PDA

View Full Version : Eheim canister filter working backwards???

puntific
01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Can I reverse the impeller or something? I hooked it up just like the diagram and the water is sucking in the bottom and coming out the top. This means, of couse, that the media is in backwards and the whole top down thing isn't helping. Any ideas?

Puntific

ZX10R
01-27-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't have a Eheim canister filter but the canister filters I do use work like that. They bring water in and out of the top but the water flows from bottom to top in the filter. I thought the same thing my filter media is in backwards because they way the water flows but no it just works like that.

Marowana
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
i think it is supposed to be in from the bottom and out thru the top. how did you stack your media?

puntific
01-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Well, the odd thing is it's drawing the water though what looks like an exit hose into the tank (it has lots of holes to push the water out more gradually), and its blowing the water through what has always, in my experience, been a "protect the fish" filter.

puntific
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I stacked it exactly how the diagram said. It starts (from the bottom) is a round media, no prefilter. At the top are a blue and a white filter, along with the carbon filter.

Marowana
01-27-2011, 01:42 PM
i think you'll need to switch the hoses or the the attachments. is it a 2217? also, the carbon pad should be removed after a few days.

puntific
01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Yep Marowana. Issues resolved. I was confused by the order of filters and thought water flowed into the top. I got it backwards.