PDA

View Full Version : Finally moved all my fish!

Eddie
02-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Man, its been the worst year of my life! I really haven't been able to take of my fish since I'm out of the house. All my fish were getting fed once a week and water changes were the same! It really took a toll on all of them. I decided to move ALL my fish into the dorm with me today. I'm just happy to have them all with me again, to give them the TLC that they require. Stay tuned for updates as they get back into shape! ;)

Eddie

Jennie
02-13-2011, 06:47 AM
really going to suck when u move

Second Hand Pat
02-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Is there any room for you Eddie? Dorms I seen are not really that big.

Eddie
02-13-2011, 08:19 AM
really going to suck when u move

I know!

Is there any room for you Eddie? Dorms I seen are not really that big.

Oh yeah, I'm in what you could call, the RITZ of the dorms. LOL Large living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen. Its great! ;)

Disgirl
02-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Well Eddie, if anyone can bring the fish back into perfect health it will be you! Good luck with it and let us know how they are doing from time to time. Sounds like you have plenty of room for several tanks. How many fish did you move? Hope you had some help with the job!
Barb:)

Eddie
02-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Well Eddie, if anyone can bring the fish back into perfect health it will be you! Good luck with it and let us know how they are doing from time to time. Sounds like you have plenty of room for several tanks. How many fish did you move? Hope you had some help with the job!
Barb:)

Thanks Barb, no help, I'm pretty self sufficient. LOL It wasn't that bad, only 19 fish in a 15 gallon bucket and 1 each 55 gallon tank. That makes for a little less than 3 gallons per fish at the moment. :)

DiscusKev
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a mission! Hope all goes well in the future for you Eddie.

Eddie
02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a mission! Hope all goes well in the future for you Eddie.

Thanks brother, mission was accomplished last night! All fishes doing great!

dean9922
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Eddie
not fun moving tanks and fish etc etc at any time....sound like it wasn't to bad though and I am sure they will do fine...take care!!!!

Eddie
02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Eddie
not fun moving tanks and fish etc etc at any time....sound like it wasn't to bad though and I am sure they will do fine...take care!!!!

Thanks! It was a piece of cake. Hardest part was breaking down the tank and getting everything in the car. Hauling the 55 gallon up 2 flights of stairs wasn't too bad. ;)

wendy9722
02-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks! It was a piece of cake. Hardest part was breaking down the tank and getting everything in the car. Hauling the 55 gallon up 2 flights of stairs wasn't too bad. ;)

Man, I dunno if I would do that with my 100gal. It was hard carryin it in with only 4 steps to go up. No fish died? You probably have more fish stuff than your own personal stuff huh? I'm personally tired of moving so its better for you than me.... LOL

Wendy

TURQ64
02-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Glad everything went well, matey!...Never fun luggin' tanks tho'..cheers, Gary

Eddie
02-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Man, I dunno if I would do that with my 100gal. It was hard carryin it in with only 4 steps to go up. No fish died? You probably have more fish stuff than your own personal stuff huh? I'm personally tired of moving so its better for you than me.... LOL

Wendy

Now, a 100 gallon is different, might have needed another hand. LOL

No fish died, not a chance! They are some tough cookies. :)

Glad everything went well, matey!...Never fun luggin' tanks tho'..cheers, Gary

I know, but its fun setting them back up! Its a good time to clean everything and start fresh. ;)

NickB
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
How did you transfer your filters without losing the bacteria in them?

Eddie
02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
How did you transfer your filters without losing the bacteria in them?

Easy, just keep the media damp. It will live long out of the water. :) I actually haven't even added the sponges back yet as I am working on cleaning them up and getting them back into shape. Purely relying on waterchanges at the moment.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mikel
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Eddie: best of luck with your move. Hope everything get back to normal. I hate moving. mike

ZX10R
02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Eddie I did some thinking and decided I would take one for the team. You just box all those pretty fish up and send them to me and I will keep them for you until you return to the states :D And if you get to missing them I could set up a video web cam for you. JK!!!

wendy9722
02-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I wanna see current pics of your discus.... I'm really surprised that you didnt lose at least one or even one getting sick in this cold weather. Best of luck getting everything running good.

Wendy

Eddie
02-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Eddie: best of luck with your move. Hope everything get back to normal. I hate moving. mike Thanks Mike, its almost back to normal. Its a bit of a pain to do water changes but I'll live with it. As long as I go my fishes with me and happy.

Eddie I did some thinking and decided I would take one for the team. You just box all those pretty fish up and send them to me and I will keep them for you until you return to the states :D And if you get to missing them I could set up a video web cam for you. JK!!!

LOL, dude, I'd happily send them all to you, just cover the shipping charges. ;)

I wanna see current pics of your discus.... I'm really surprised that you didnt lose at least one or even one getting sick in this cold weather. Best of luck getting everything running good.

Wendy

Soon Mrs Wendy, soon. I am shaping them up over the next week or so. When I say they were bad off, I mean they were BAD off. Also, its not cold here in Okinawa, they all did very well in the 15 gallon tub. ;)

wendy9722
02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Soon Mrs Wendy, soon. I am shaping them up over the next week or so. When I say they were bad off, I mean they were BAD off. Also, its not cold here in Okinawa, they all did very well in the 15 gallon tub. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL Mrs Wendy. I think thats funny!!! I cant really imagin your fish being that bad. You are so lucky not to be in the cold. Best of luck and keep up your strength.

Wendy

pinoysport
02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Eddie.. just keep them in the bath tub bro...LOL!! that how some people growout.

Eddie
02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Eddie.. just keep them in the bath tub bro...LOL!! that how some people growout.

I know right, that is a GREAT idea! LOL

manzpants92
12-15-2012, 03:49 PM
LOL this cracks me up.....freshman year my dorm restricted to 10 gals i believe? funny to think of bringing in 55's and 75's into a dorm

Eddie
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL this cracks me up.....freshman year my dorm restricted to 10 gals i believe? funny to think of bringing in 55's and 75's into a dorm

Yeah, I had 2 each 55s and a 29 running. It was CRAZY!