PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Discus

Doodle Discus
02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Cary Strong and Great Lakes Discus? I was really looking forward to buying some fish from him, and I drove out to his store and saw that it went out of business. Does anyone know if he is still breeding?

NickB
02-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow weird you just said that. I actually just emailed Cary Strong to see if he still deals with Discus. I live in Michigan and he had the best quality without having to order fish and have them shipped. I drove from Port Huron to Farmington Hills and when i got to Choice it was closed. Its a bummer cause it was a amazing store.

Doodle Discus
02-22-2011, 12:45 AM
If you hear anything please let me know. I don't think that someone who has dealt so much in discus could just disappear. I was really looking forward to buying from him!

Doodle Discus
02-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey Nick,

I found a great store that sells stendker discus. It is called fantastic fins and it is located in livonia, and I know that is quite a trip for you, but I was truly impressed. He had a HUGE selction compared to any other LFS I have been too and he was very reasonably priced. He is a discus enthusiast so he was very knowlegeable. It is definately worth the drive. I picked up 2 blue and red pigeons blood and they are beautiful!

NickB
02-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Thanks alot thats good to hear. Ill have to take the trip. Getting nice fish is always worth the drive. Its only about hour and 20 mins from my town.