PDA

View Full Version : Spring NEDA 2011 - Official

ashaysathe
02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello Everyone

Firstly, I have been tied very heavily this year - so apologies for not stepping up to make this official.

I would like to host our Spring get together April 2nd. Like always I keep the start time to be 2 pm.

My address is -

114 Wanda Lane
Middletown, CT 06457

I know some of you have already acknowledged on the other thread, but please feel free to chime in again. Please block your calendars if you have not already and see you guys soon.

Cheers

patrick richard
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey Buddy,

Let me be the first one to put my name down on the attendance list. I will also bring my bean dish made especially for you, Ashay. It will be made with turkey instead of the normal beef. I will also like to put out there that I live about 20 min. from Ashay, and my fish room will be available for anyone who wants to take a trip over. This should be a great get together as always, can't wait to see everyone there.

Patrick

Moon
02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
That's about a 10 hour drive for me. I'll try to make it.

AngryBird
02-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Count me in! I will definitely be there.

mmorris
02-22-2011, 09:57 PM
I look forward to it!

jimg
02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't miss it for anything ashay!

2075turner
02-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Should be no snow by then....I should be able to make the drive down again.

shawnhu
02-26-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm there!

ashaysathe
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Guys

Hope all is well and believe it or not - its March of 2011 already. WOW.

I wanted to bump this thread up - our NEDA fun-together is a month away. I, for one, certainly look forward for this event.

--Ashay

brewmaster15
03-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I'll be there my friend, looking forward to it greatly!

-al

ashaysathe
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I'll be there my friend, looking forward to it greatly!

-al

Me 2. Worked greatly on the tanks etc moving the space and arranging it. You know wife has that artistic mind set. Come and take a look. Its been a busy weekend for me.

zimmjeff
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Just had a few questions about the meeting. Do people buy sell or trade at these meetings? Do people stay in one of the local hotels? Are family invited, and what kind of food can I bring? hoping to meet some people from the forum next month.

ashaysathe
03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Hello

Yes there are instances where people trade. Al (brewmaster15) - our spiritual leader- is 20 mins from my house thats always a place you can go and buy.

For stay over there are hotels in neighborhood - Courtyard Marriott in Cromwell,CT ; there is Marriott in Rocky Hill, CT.

Families are welcome for sure - there is plenty of food and drinks so get your appetite.

All these are very social and fun events. Just discus nuts talking about how they blow their money and minds away :) Looking forward to seeing you.

--Ashay

zimmjeff
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
that sounds like a very good time to me I hope to be there. I will let you know when plans are finalized. I think i need to talk to al and see what he's got cooking in the tanks.

AngryBird
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone: I have close to 24 Luminex plant aquarium light tubes that can be used for fish room to light you fish tanks that I can bring to the meeting. If you donate a small amount for simply, you can have them all for your fish room. I have the light tubes only and not the whole fitting. If anyone is interested, I will bring them to the meeting.

mmorris
03-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes there are instances where people trade. Al (brewmaster15) - our spiritual leader- is 20 mins from my house thats always a place you can go and buy.

Does this mean Al will have some fish for sale? :)

ashaysathe
03-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Does this mean Al will have some fish for sale? :)

This is means there is an opportunity to check with Al and see if there is anything particular.

shawnhu
03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Anyone: I have close to 24 Luminex plant aquarium light tubes that can be used for fish room to light you fish tanks that I can bring to the meeting. If you donate a small amount for simply, you can have them all for your fish room. I have the light tubes only and not the whole fitting. If anyone is interested, I will bring them to the meeting.

Are you talking about flourecent tubes? If so, you should specify if they are T12, T8, T5, T5HO, PC, T2, or some other form of lighting.

Thanks for the generous offer to help out though, someone might be able to make use of your lights.

zimmjeff
03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
do you have anything for sale al?

brewmaster15
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
HI everyone,
There will most likely be Fish for sale here....there usually is........well actually I know I have NON- discus for sale already, Have many Geos here, Festivums as pairs, Marble Angel Pairs....... as for Discus..... Theres a very very very good likihood that I will have some for sale. :)

Also...I will have Freeze Dried Blackworms and I am going to try to make a big batch of my surf and Turf Mix... If anyone is interested in either of these let me know... Blackworm pricing is here... Aquaticsuppliers.com and BH seafood mix is $16 lb. I really need the numbers ahead of time for the BH mix so I make enough.

In case anyone is on the fence about this meeting... Ashays collection of wilds alone is worth the drive..and if interest is there, Both Mine and Patrick Richards Fishrooms are within 20 mins of Ashays and we will both open them for your visit.....Should be a very good time.

Ashay, I'll be bringing a pot of TURKEY CHILI to the event. Anything that you need for the Meeting , please post it here.

Thanks,
al

mmorris
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
as for Discus..... Theres a very very very good likihood that I will have some for sale. :)

I'm looking forward to details.

brewmaster15
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
So am I! :)

I'll know more as the date approaches...

-al

ashaysathe
03-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Great. So far shaping up to be a great meet as always.

Following are the folks that have responded -

Patrick Richard (Patrick)
Brewmaster15 (Al)
Zimmjef (Jim )
Shawn (+ 1) (shawnhu)
MMorris (Martha)
Tofe (Brian )
hedut (Hendri)
LGelb (Lance)
Prabhu (prabhu)
Rod (roclement)
Acroken (Ken) + 1
RichT + 1 (Rich)

2075Turner (Evelyn) may be
Moon may be

We are 3 weeks away. Anyone in the vicinity should try and come. Its a very gr8 event.
12 confirmed + 2 may be

Number of folks have PM'ed me and asked for what kind of food they can bring. To be honest, nothing in particular. But if u are getting anything please let me know - so I can create a running list and post it as well.

I definitely like the idea of having a tank in the middle with ice and beer, sounds like a great idea.

hedut
03-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Rod (roclement) will you bring any fry for sale?

zimmjeff
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
zimmjeff and tracy will be attending. I would be interested in any discus for sale. I will be bringing a chili dip.

brewmaster15
03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
as for Discus..... Theres a very very very good likelihood that I will have some for sale. :) ......

alThe likelihood just disappeared :(:(:(..

Sorry everyone... as I have done at the past meetings I tried to arrange for a shipment of Juvie discus to be here for the meeting, sourced from Kenny and Forrest... Unfortunately things did not work out as planned this time around.....The shipment ran into some unforeseeable problems...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?86688-Special-Announcement-March-2011-shipment-canceled

thanks everyone, and thanks Kenny and Forrest for trying to work with me on this one, much appreciated friends.
al

mmorris
03-15-2011, 07:57 AM
The likelihood just disappeared :(:(:(..

Yes, I was afraid that would be the case. Will you be getting some in from the next shipment anyway?

brewmaster15
03-15-2011, 08:15 AM
I may....depends on what Kenny and Forrest are able to send out...I do have a few items on my "need to get" List . :)

-al

shawnhu
03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
I read the thread Al posted regarding Kenny and Forest's shipment. While I've never purchased anything from them, I have over the years read great stuff about their quality fish, and more importantly, their top notch service they have provided to the discus community. Let's not forget, the last contest fish was provided by Kenny.

I'd like to offer some of my Discus for sale/auction at the meeting, if there is interest. All the proceeds will be donated to Simply. Pictures available upon request, but be warned, these guys are by far breeding quality, but they have been with me for couple years. Some of which I raised myself.

Shawn

zimmjeff
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
any homebrewed discus al?

AngryBird
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Looks like there is a lot of interest in buying discus in this meet. I am also looking forward.

mmorris
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd like to offer some of my Discus for sale/auction at the meeting, if there is interest. All the proceeds will be donated to Simply. Pictures available upon request, but be warned, these guys are by far breeding quality, but they have been with me for couple years. Some of which I raised myself.

Shawn
What are you interested in selling?

ashaysathe
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
To all who are and will be bringing fish for sale - please let me know ahead of time if thats the case. I would like to be prepared for it with tanks setup etc so u can get a chance to keep the fish.
Plus also announce what your plans are in terms of sale of the fish so people can come prepared.

brewmaster15
03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I read the thread Al posted regarding Kenny and Forest's shipment. While I've never purchased anything from them, I have over the years read great stuff about their quality fish, and more importantly, their top notch service they have provided to the discus community. Let's not forget, the last contest fish was provided by Kenny.

Shawn

Shawn, Thats very very generous...Thank you! :)

Hey does anyone coming have any Cherry Shrimp they want to sell, My tanks population took some hits from over enthusiastic Flag cichlids...and I would like to bump up the numbers there now that I moved out the flags.. Please let me know.

-al

zimmjeff
03-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I have a new 125 that needs filling.

Larry208
03-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Ashay:

April 2nd sounds good to me also, will see you then.

Larry

brewmaster15
03-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Great to hear Larry, been a while! Looking forward to catching up!

-al

shawnhu
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
What are you interested in selling?

Hey Martha. I'll be bringing some low grade discus for auction. These I would say that these would be perfect fish for first timers that want to take the plunge into discus keeping, but without the high cost of full grown adults. These fish are all over a year old. They do have minor blemishes on them, such as peppering, and the blues may have non uniform eyes. Nevertheless, they are up for grabs on an auction style, and all proceeds to be donated to simply. Hope to see everyone there!

Al, could you pm me your phone contact to coordinate?

Shawn

shawnhu
03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
If anyone is interested in some plants, let me know and I'll put together a list and make some packages for the meeting.

fishorama
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
I hope to come but I have house guests arriving that weekend. Ashay, is it ok to let you know close to the day? It'll depend on how my house prep goes :blushing:.

Al, I can bring you some cherry shrimp, you can pretend it's $$ for SD (IF I can come).

I can also bring the usual plants if anyone wants them, I'm pretty sure Al doesn't, lol. Rotala rotundifolia, lace java fern, java moss, maybe some crypts like c. undulata, c. cordifolia blassii, bronze wendti &/or c. moelmanii (or it may be pontederiifolia, I can't tell them apart), just a couple offsets of each. Give me a PM & donate to SD or I'm open to trade. The only 1 I'm sure is ok at discus temps are java ferns but I can look them up. Also possible to bring a white worm or red wiggler starter culture I believe.

My birthday is the 3rd in case anyone (Rod?) wants to bring me red wine, lol. No fish please, I think the SF move is on :)

I'll need to think about what I can bring...

shawnhu
03-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I hope to come but I have house guests arriving that weekend. Ashay, is it ok to let you know close to the day? It'll depend on how my house prep goes :blushing:.

Al, I can bring you some cherry shrimp, you can pretend it's $$ for SD (IF I can come).

I can also bring the usual plants if anyone wants them, I'm pretty sure Al doesn't, lol. Rotala rotundifolia, lace java fern, java moss, maybe some crypts like c. undulata, c. cordifolia blassii, bronze wendti &/or c. moelmanii (or it may be pontederiifolia, I can't tell them apart), just a couple offsets of each. Give me a PM & donate to SD or I'm open to trade. The only 1 I'm sure is ok at discus temps are java ferns but I can look them up. Also possible to bring a white worm or red wiggler starter culture I believe.

My birthday is the 3rd in case anyone (Rod?) wants to bring me red wine, lol. No fish please, I think the SF move is on :)

I'll need to think about what I can bring...

Nancy, you must come! I'm in dire need or white worms! Amy says our culture crashed.... We're bad worm keepers!

ashaysathe
03-18-2011, 07:59 AM

My birthday is the 3rd in case anyone (Rod?) wants to bring me red wine, lol.

Most certainly. You can even bring your guests. Red wine is on for sure.

Shaping up to be yet another great one. Looking forward for it.

fishorama
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks Ashay, I can't wait to see your fish & everybody. Guests won't be here until Sat evening, after a 13+ hour drive.

Larry208
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Great to hear Larry, been a while! Looking forward to catching up!

-al

Me too Al, see you in a couple weeks.

Larry

JeffreyRichard
03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Would anyone be interested in breeder size Angels? I have pairs of Blacks, Black Blushers, Koi/Sunset, and F2 Peruvian Wild ...

I'm planning on attending and will bring some if there is interest.

Thanks

ashaysathe
03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Would anyone be interested in breeder size Angels? I have pairs of Blacks, Black Blushers, Koi/Sunset, and F2 Peruvian Wild ...

I'm planning on attending and will bring some if there is interest.

Thanks

Great Jeff will be awesome to see you. Been a while

shawnhu
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Al, let me know if you can't get any red cherry shrimps from members here, I can place an order with epicfish over at the planted tank. He has them for about a $1 each shipped.

mmorris
03-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I can bring you some cherry shrimp, Al.

brewmaster15
03-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I can bring you some cherry shrimp, Al.

Thanks Martha!
-al

ashaysathe
03-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Its two weeks now. can't wait to see you guys again.

Below is the list who have confirmed so far. My apologies if someone has said yes and I have missed them from the list.
For anyone else who is thinking of coming - no worries, there is no "tell by date". Please come on over.

Patrick Richard (Patrick)
Brewmaster15 (Al)
Zimmjef (Jim ) + 1
Shawnhu (+ 1) (Shawn)
MMorris (Martha)
Tofe (Brian )
hedut (Hendri)
LGelb (Lance)
Prabhu (prabhu)
roclement (Rod)
Acroken (Ken) + 1
2075Turner (Evelyn)
Larry
JefferyRichard (Jeff)
fishorama (Nancy)

zimmjeff
03-21-2011, 03:55 PM
zimmjeff (jeff) will be bringing his wife. looking forward to it.

ashaysathe
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Great. List updated.

2075turner
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Well looks like I will have a tag along with me for this trip 8-)

NORM (my hubby) will be making the trip with me providing the baby/dog sitters don't back out 9-)

Yes Ashay, you will finally get to meet him 8-D

hedut
03-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Sorry guys I'm not sure if I could make it :( cause couple people from Boston canceling their trip to there so I'm not sure if I could get ride I'll be there :)

ashaysathe
03-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Well looks like I will have a tag along with me for this trip 8-)

NORM (my hubby) will be making the trip with me providing the baby/dog sitters don't back out 9-)

Yes Ashay, you will finally get to meet him 8-D

That is awesome Evelyn. Looking forward to see you guys

Sorry guys I'm not sure if I could make it :( cause couple people from Boston canceling their trip to there so I'm not sure if I could get ride I'll be there :)

Too bad Hendri. Hope you can still get a ride and can make it. It will be gr8 to see you.

AngryBird
03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Hendri,

I am driving from Littleton MA. Let me know if you wanna join me.

zimmjeff
03-29-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm getting excited for this weekend.

hedut
03-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Hendri,

I am driving from Littleton MA. Let me know if you wanna join me.

drop you pm :)

2075turner
03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Started the first round of big water changes for this weekend. We will be leaving from Ottawa on Friday and staying till Sunday this time around. Looking forward to seeing everyone again 8-D and making the trip with Norm will make it even better 8-)

fishorama
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Put me down for spicy (ish) cheese rice or maybe cookies, housecleaning is ahead of schedule! I'm pretty sure I can come.

Al, if Martha is bringing you shrimp do you still want some of mine?

I'm getting excited! It's sure to be fun!

brewmaster15
03-30-2011, 02:08 PM
l, if Martha is bringing you shrimp do you still want some of mine? The more the merrier! Thx :) Nancy, I could use more plants as well...still have some, but some got a little pruned while I was away on vacation..cichlids eat the darnest things when they are hungry! :)

Hi all,

Just met up with Patrick Richards and you are all in for a real Treat.... Theres been alot of inquiry as to if we'll be doing a tour of our fishrooms and the answer is a great big yes... Both Patrick and I are looking forward to showing you all around our 2 extremely different fishrooms...

Expect to see a well planned out, neatly organized fishroom that reminds me of some lab's I have worked in....complete with plumbing, pumps, etc.....Okay that not mine...its Patricks. :) Patrick currently has some pairs with fry and also has an assortment of nondiscus..Rumor has it he is looking for homes for kribs as well should you need any.

Expect to see a disorganized assortment of tanks that grew in numbers far ahead of any semblance of planning..Thats mine...Its something that has been described by a good friend of mine as "Ordered Chaos" :) Its a place where you will see far more critters than most pet shops have, and probably more fish...Discus (domestic and heckels), angels, endlers,geos,Port cichlids,festivums, flag cichlids, amphibians,reptiles....and more

Patrick will be happy to go thru everything he did in the building of his fishroom so its a great chance for you to see what you can do in yours ..and I'll go thru mine as well and show you how I do everything you should not do in a fishroom but still somehow manage to make it work well.

So don't miss the Ying and Yang Fishroom tour!

-al

AngryBird
03-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Ashay,

I guess you didnt expect that India would cruise through to the finals. I will be driving during the final overs of the game. Discus and meeting you all is more important than world cup cricket for me. :)

Moon
03-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Ashay,

I guess you didnt expect that India would cruise through to the finals. I will be driving during the final overs of the game. Discus and meeting you all is more important than world cup cricket for me. :)

Sorry I'm staying home this weekend to watch the game. Sri Lanka is playing India. It'll be a very good game.

fred 22
03-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Count me in Ashay

brewmaster15
03-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Count me in Ashay

Awesome! Be great to see you Fred!!!

patrick richard
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Saturday is just a few days away, and I need to get my fishroom in order. I was talking with Al today and we are going ahead with the YING and YANG fishroom tour. I just got in from outside and things are coming along. I am honored to be showing my fishroom off, I put alot of time into setting everything up. I still don't how a big amount of fish, but I'm working on that.

I can't wait to see everyone again.

Patrick

LGelb
03-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Sorry to say I won't make it this weekend, have a great time everyone.

ashaysathe
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Ashay,

Sorry I'm staying home this weekend to watch the game. Sri Lanka is playing India. It'll be a very good game.

Prabhu and Moon - I will be watching the game at home and CANNOT CANNOT MISS IT. You guys are welcome and we will watch it together.
Tendulkar lifitng the cup and making his 100th century in home ground (5 mins from my home in Mumbai) in World Cup Final .. WOW ... cannot be better than that.

Count me in Ashay

Awesome Fred. Fantastic

YING and YANG fishroom tour

Whoa.. Ying and Yang Fishroom Tour--- LOL .. makes me feel like Fung Wah Bus Tour - New York and Boston.. hehe..

Jokes aside - shapping up to be a gr8 meeting. Rashmi is out grocery shopping today, making food and stuff over. Will be fun.

Sorry to say I won't make it this weekend, have a great time everyone.

No worries Lance. There is always a next time

Sorry guys I have been very tied up a past few days and travel on top of it. But looking forward for the weekend

mmorris
03-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I plan on bringing Auntie Martha's famous spicy meatballs - no shrimp this time.

Disgirl
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Hope one of you will take pictures to show the rest of us who can only imagine the fun you will be having that day!
Barb

ashaysathe
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I am totally exicted for this event.

Discussing this with Al, below is the itinerary:

2.00 to 4.00 pm ---> Meet and Greet
Apetizers
Drinks, Beer and Wine

4.00 to 6.00 pm ---> Patrick and Al Fishroom tours

6.00 to 6.30 pm ---> Gather back at Ashay's house

6.30 to 8.30 pm ---> Dinner
More Drinks, Beer and Wine
Dessert
Coffee

8.30 pm and beyond ---> Hang out at my house

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Alok
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I won't be able to make it either :-( But aren't you ALL glad that the snowstorm is NOT hitting us on Saturday! :-) Have fun everyone and post a lot of pictures.

shawnhu
03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I can bring some assortment of plants, or if there's anything in particular someone wants, shoot me a pm and I'll get it bagged up Friday night.

Nancy, great to hear that you're coming, do let me know if you can spare some white worm cultures for Amy, she just got into the dwarf puffer obsession, and those critters are eating her house and home(snails really). She's been asking me what's a good supplement to live snails, and I thought of you Nancy(your worms that is)!

In regards to the discus that I'd like to auction and donate the proceeds to simply, is there any interest? It will be perfect for those that want some adult discus for cheap, or those that want to try their hands on discus, but don't know if they are up to the task. Pics available upon request.

Hope to see everyone Saturday!

shawnhu
03-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Here some quick shots of some plants and fish.

zimmjeff
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
I am interested in your fish. could I get some more pics?

brewmaster15
03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Shawn,
I'll take whatever plants you need to thin out.

Tanks!

-al

shawnhu
03-31-2011, 08:36 PM
I am interested in your fish.

Jeff, these fish will be available at the meet. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

zimmjeff
03-31-2011, 08:38 PM
thanks

shawnhu
03-31-2011, 08:56 PM
I am interested in your fish. could I get some more pics?

Jeff, send me your email addy and I'll take some high res pics for ya. Any particular one you are interested in?

zimmjeff
03-31-2011, 09:30 PM
nothing in particular I have a new 125 to fill. tandjzimm@myfairpoint.net

brewmaster15
04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey Ashay,
Chili is cooking right now brother....:) looks to be a fine batch for a fine occasion.

-al

ashaysathe
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey Ashay,
Chili is cooking right now brother....:) looks to be a fine batch for a fine occasion.

-al

Turkey Chili to be precise my friend.. thanks..
Rashmi has done an amazing job cooking.. almost done. Mango Pie in works right now.

zimmjeff
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
almost done snowing roads should be cleared by morning and we are on our way.

brewmaster15
04-01-2011, 09:01 PM
almost done snowing roads should be cleared by morning and we are on our way.

WE got spared...no snow...barely any rain... what a relief...If we get anymore white stuff...I'm packing up and heading to florida for an extended stay with friends. :)

-al

fishorama
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
OOoh, mango pie! I can't wait... & California here I come!

fred 22
04-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Portuguese [TURKEY] SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS AND ONIONS IN THE CROCK POT

mmorris
04-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Al, if Martha is bringing you shrimp do you still want some of mine?
!

Oops - I thought you meant eating shrimp. I'll be bringing some cherry shrimp.

aalbina
04-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Have fun everyone - Mary has a wedding shower to go to and I'm on kid duty. We're bummed we won't be able to make it but hope everyone has a great time and that some one else bakes the discus cake!

Adam and Mary

JeffreyRichard
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I have some fish I'll be bringing to auction off ... 50/50 split with Simply ... Angelfish, one or two pairs F2 Apisto Aggazzizi, some F1 Betta Imbellis ...

brewmaster15
04-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Jeff ,
Thats very generous of you! Thanks. Been a while..we need to catch up and plan a Hike...won't be long before the herps are out and about. :)

-al

shawnhu
04-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Just got home, and have an early morning appointment to keep, so I'll keep this short. Ashay, you really pulled it off my friend, what a great event you put together. Simply amazing! Thanks for the worms Nancy! Hope those 4 little guys do well for ya Jeff. It was nice seeing everyone again, and great seeing the yin and yang of fish-rooms. I'll post pics tomorrow, thanks again Al and Ashay for bringing yet another great meet. Looking forward to the next one already!

fishorama
04-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks Ashay for hosting a wonderful time, sorry I had to leave early (& miss mango pie!) It was great to see everyone & some lovely discus. Thanks too to Al & Patrick for the tours (& cone!) & to Shawn for the plants.

brewmaster15
04-03-2011, 11:45 AM
What an AWESOME Get together!!!:):):):):)

Ashay thank you so much for Hosting this meeting it was a great time all around my friend! and the food was spectacular... Your better half, Rashmi, Did a wonderful job with all the preparations! Thank you both for opening your home to us as a group. I know it was alot of work , but the result was a very memorable occasion.

My personal thanks to both Shawn and Jeffrey Richard for donating the proceeds of some fish sales to the forum!

Martha thanks for the Cherry Shrimp, Nancy thank you for the plants and shrimp, Shawn the plants will be great additions, and fred, the plecos are all doing well this am!

Thanks again everyone for a great time, hope you all enjoyed the Ying and Yang tour.:)

-al

Tofe
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Another great event: Ying and Yang :):):)

Ashay and Rashmi deserve a special thanks for opening up your home for this event. The food and drink was #1. After going up for seconds I even had a small space left for mango pie :p

Thanks to Patrick and Al for showing us their fishrooms. Patrick good luck with the 2prs with eggs and the two tanks of fry. Awesome job. Al what can I say, I love coming to your house to see what you have new: Discus, non-discus, snakes, turtles, etc

Also a great night to spend talking to new and old friends about discus. Special toast for the 9th anniversity of Simply Discus. Special thanks to Al for making this website what is today:):):)

A quick thanks to Jeff Richard for the awesome angels. I may need more tanks soon:):)

See you all soon

Brian

patrick richard
04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I would first like to give a great big THANK YOU to Ashay and Rashmi for opening up their home to all of us. Yesterday was a blast. For those that couldn't come, you missed out on a great time. Rashmi, as always your meal that you made for us was top notch. I made sure to tell laurie about it when I got up this morning. For everyone else that brought food, all I can say is that we ate like kings and queens.

I hope everyone had a nice time on the Ying and Yang tour. It was great to have people come over and see my fishroom. I think what topped it all off, is that yesterday morning I had two pairs lay eggs. As always, taking a trip to Al's house is always an adventure. You never know what your going to see when you get there.

Thank you Jeff for the amazing angels and my new pair of apistos. Fred thanks for the plecos. and jeff and shawn thanks for the donations to Simply.

To all my old friends, it was great to see you again. To all the new faces, welcome to the NEDA family.

I cant wait to the next get together, see you all then.

Patrick

AngryBird
04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Meeting was a blast. I could only wish I stayed a bit longer. Thanks to Rashmi and Ashay for hosting :). I am loaded with plants, fishes, fish food now and it was a perfect day. I hope to meet everyone soon again.

fred 22
04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Ashay and Rashmi thank you so much for having us in your home.
Awesome time.
Thank you to AL and Patrick for the fish room tours.
Ashay you have some awesome Discus i think i would count them today if i were you.

Thanks again Fred

Alok
04-03-2011, 10:33 PM
More than 24 hrs later, we still don't have any pictures? :(

2075turner
04-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey guys,

Just made it back home. Had a good drive back....it actually seemed short this time around, I must be getting use to the route 9-).

Thank you soooo much Rashmi & Ashay for ALL THE EXCELLENT FOOD, (my god, I had to change cloths to squeeze it all in) and for opening your home up for all us discus nuts.

Norm and I had a great time. I was glad to see everyone again and without fail I came home re-invigorated to do something different with my fishroom.

Thank you Patrick and Al for the tours of the Ying and Yang fishrooms. Patrick you got a nice set up there. Everyone can appreciate all the hard work that you put into it....GREAT JOB!!

Al, as always great to see (drool) over all you beauties.

Norm can see why I love going to the get togethers with such a great group of people.

Toodles all, off to do some water changes!

zimmjeff
04-04-2011, 07:17 AM
sorry for the late post I had some computer issues last night.

We arrived home at 430 in the afternoon after a long drive.

thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcomed.

shawn thanks for the fish they are doing great.

al thank you for the food and the excellent packing job they were warm and happy all the way home.

ashay thank you for the hospitality and the food.

pat thanks for the breeding cone the couple are already looking at it.

The fish tour was unbelievable seeing al of those beautiful fish in person was great.

and thanks to all for making us feel so welcome. we will be back.

brewmaster15
04-04-2011, 07:54 AM
More than 24 hrs later, we still don't have any pictures? :(

Shawn took many, I'm sure he'll post them as soon as he can.

-al

ashaysathe
04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
THANK YOU.. THANK YOU... THANK YOU .. to all of you'll who came. Rashmi and I are delighted that you all had a gr8 time.

Evelyn - it was a total pleasure having you and Norm come over and spend some time with us. For more reasons than many you both will be part of our lives for the fact that whenever I will think cricket and world cup we will associate India's victory with the fact that Norm and Evelyn were with us watching the game.
I was telling my parents Rashmi and I did not for even one second felt that you'll were guest - Awesome time.

To all of our Simply friends - this was an event to remember for us. Rashmi for sure now realizes why I look forward to these events and work things around it. She liked how friendly, how informal we all are and pure enjoyment we have from these events. I am glad you all enjoyed the food so much. It was all Rashmi !!!!

I missed the fish room tours but Carie, Rashmi and I had a good time at home - having coffee and kids had a blast as well. Aditya and Areen were talking about having Ethan and Becky for a sleep over and thats an awesome idea.

Simply's 9th birthday was celebrated in a very special way.

Thanks all for coming and enjoying. Rashmi and I look forward to having many such events.

Cheers
Rashmi and Shyaness

seanyuki
04-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Ashay.....it's great you people had an http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_thawesome-21.jpg (http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/thawesome-21.jpg) time.....hope to see some http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_th2963.gif (http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th2963.gif) pics of the gathering.......people and fish of course.

did Evelyn left your place with a trolley http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_tn_bigstockphoto_Smiley_Emoticon_Sh.jpg (http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/tn_bigstockphoto_Smiley_Emoticon_Sh.jpg) ?

shawnhu
04-04-2011, 02:33 PM
For those of you that have been patiently waiting for pictures, your wait has not gone in vein. For those that missed the NEDA Spring 2011 get-together, here's a sliver of a glimpse of what went down. And for those that are in the pictures, this is a little something for you to remember the great times had that night.

And without further adieu, I give you NEDA Spring 2011! Long live Simply!

https://picasaweb.google.com/Hu.ShawnX/SimplySpring2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWTosy2pdmVSQ&feat=directlink

seanyuki
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Shawn....many happy faces there.

ashaysathe
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Very nice Shawn.. Nice pictures. Thank you. You and Amy were the only resident photographers on the deck. Very very cool.. Thanks so much guys

Live Large

brewmaster15
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks Shawn!!!!:)

-al

fred 22
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
To everyone that has some of my Bristlenose plecos, I forgot to tell you they are Portuguese Plecos
and only eat Gale. Ha Ha Ha

Alok
04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks Shawn. The expression on Al's while opening the champagne (1st photo) is classic! :) Glad you all had fun. Ashay and Rashmi, l can see why everyone is going ga ga over the food too! :)

mmorris
04-04-2011, 09:26 PM
To everyone that has some of my Bristlenose plecos, I forgot to tell you they are Portuguese Plecos
and only eat Gale. Ha Ha Ha

Oh no! Where do I find a really strong wind? :shocked2:

patrick richard
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I wanted to give a quick update to all that were at the meeting. As of yesterday, both pairs that spawned on the day of our get together now have wigglers. Both sets of parents are tending to them perfectly.

Patrick

ashaysathe
04-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Nice job Patrick. Lets begin the water smuggling all over again.

Tofe
04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Great Job Patrick Lets see pics soon

Ashay and I will be over with buckets to get some of your water:)

Brian

brewmaster15
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Patrick,
Way to go Bro! ;):D:D:D:D

-al

ashaysathe
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Patrick,
Way to go Bro! ;):D:D:D:D

-al

a logical extention to that would be "May the force be with you"

Ardan
04-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I know somebody had a camera, I saw the champagne picture:D
I think I want to see all the pics, although I know I will be jealous that I wasn't there. LOL

Sounds like an awesome get together!:)

Ardan

brewmaster15
04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I know somebody had a camera, I saw the champagne picture:D
I think I want to see all the pics, although I know I will be jealous that I wasn't there. LOL

Sounds like an awesome get together!:)

Ardan

https://picasaweb.google.com/Hu.ShawnX/SimplySpring2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJWTosy2pdmVSQ&feat=directlink

that'll get you there Ardan!
-al

Ardan
04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you for the link, Al!:)
As I thought, I am a bit jealous, but also very hungry:D
The food looked very good, the fish look great, and the people look like all had an awesome time!:):):)
Thanks for sharing:)
Ardan

zimmjeff
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
congratulations patrick those should be beautiful

fred 22
04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Good luck with them Patrick

Fred

zimmjeff
04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
let me know when they are ready pat.

zimmjeff
04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
my pair of angles has laid eggs thanks jeff.

ssn
06-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Damn I missed this event!

mmorris
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Damn I missed this event!
NEDA events are like buses; if you miss one don't worry - another will be along shortly. :)

ashaysathe
06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
NEDA events are like buses; if you miss one don't worry - another will be along shortly. :)

With a distinction that you will reach the destination (goal) late :)