PDA

View Full Version : Hello SE Discus Folks!

broncofan27
03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to discus. Actually haven't even started my tank yet because I am moving in a week. I recently did a tank trade with bugman and I have always loved discus but was scared to try to keep them. Bugman convinced me it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be over the years. I have successfully kept oscars in the past so definitely not new to fish keeping.

I did want to ask would anyone have any juvies ready and available for sale near the end of the month? I am looking at having my tank up and going by then and was hoping to start out with 4-6 juvies in a bare bottom 75 gallon tank.

Also, what is the best way to measure to determine the size for a top on my tank? Do I measure from the inside of the outside lip to the middle or all the way across?

Thanks and hope to talk to everyone more.

Chad Adams
03-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to discus. Actually haven't even started my tank yet because I am moving in a week. I recently did a tank trade with bugman and I have always loved discus but was scared to try to keep them. Bugman convinced me it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be over the years. I have successfully kept oscars in the past so definitely not new to fish keeping.
I did want to ask would anyone have any juvies ready and available for sale near the end of the month? I am looking at having my tank up and going by then and was hoping to start out with 4-6 juvies in a bare bottom 75 gallon tank.
Also, what is the best way to measure to determine the size for a top on my tank? Do I measure from the inside of the outside lip to the middle or all the way across?
Thanks and hope to talk to everyone more.
Hey,
Welcome to the hobby & the forum. Did you read about the meeting on Sunday the 12th?
You can get alot of answers & advice there..... while eating pizza!!
chad

broncofan27
03-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Yea Larry did throw me an invite but unfortunately I am in the middle of moving and I got too much to get done to make Sunday. I was hoping I could but just don't think it's going to work out. I move to Woodstock next weekend so hopefully most things will be settled.

Larry Bugg
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
LOL, do you really think I traded aquariums with him and didn't already hit him up for the meeting. I have Cliff on our email list but he is too busy this weekend getting ready for his move to make the meeting. I told him you might have some albinos ready before long and gave him Jared and Choppers names since I think they may both have juvies. Do you know any one else that might have juvies available for him to buy and start his first Discus tank.