PDA

View Full Version : Deep Blue Sticks?...

TURQ64
03-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone else using these??..somewhere I posted that I was diverting away from Jaegers to try the budget priced end of the spectrum..I purchased two three hundred watter's with various purposes in mind....
The pro's..Cheap!.Fairly tough and rugged, good pilot light, protected end cap..
The con's..Neither would heat a 30g to Discus temp's even when dimed out for days. Moved them to two different 20g's..barely holds 82 when still dimed out..
Cord is rather under gauge as per latest 'rules'...

Anyone's experience??

rich_one
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I have 3 of these running now, and so far so good... I also use Jaegers, and of course, I love them... but I did replace all of my Stealths with the Deep Blue Heat Stiks, and I have been pleaseantly surprised. Not sure why your's are not heating, but I have a 250 one heating my 33 gallon solo to 82 degrees, no problem. It held the temp in that tank as high as 94 degrees for a full week a couple of months ago, when I had an ich outbreak in that tank.

I have another 300 watt one working solo in a 55 gallon at 84 degrees, where I have discus in. Again... no problems. And I think the blue pilot light is cool! LOL...

-Rich

TURQ64
04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Mine are working fine, but neither 300 watter will heat a 20g to 84, much less the sump I had originally purchased them for..Plenty rugged, but weak...So, if what you say is correct, they are just as unreliable as marineland crap...