PDA

View Full Version : SWDA Meeting (Southern California)

Chad Hughes
03-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Next meeting? Let's get the ball rolling on a new thread. :D

The month of April is being considered as our next meeting month. No "date" has been established yet. The meeting will be hosted in Southern California. We'd like your input!

The last meeting was great! let's make this one better. There were a lot of people that didn't know about the last meeting that made the first one in Los Angeles. Make sure we pass the word!

Best wishes!

inmisawa
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I'd be able to attend during or after the weekend of the 23rd. I don't mind the trek back down to San Diego, but I can attend anywhere in LA too.

Chad, I don't know how far you want to go with SWDA, but this may be a good time to look at establishing a charter, offices, etc., if that's the direction we're heading. Especially if we want to consider hosting a NADA convention in the future.

I definately look forward to see you all!

chaoslite
03-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Available anytime in April. Sign me up!

Mishka

Melissa
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
This time I plan on coming prepared....going to line my purse with plastic and fill with water! That way if we see another amazing fish.... Plop!!!! In the bag baby!!!

chaoslite
03-17-2011, 12:18 AM
This time I plan on coming prepared....going to line my purse with plastic and fill with water! That way if we see another amazing fish.... Plop!!!! In the bag baby!!!

Now you are talking Melissa. I will bring a small tank of oxygen. If its at Chad's....We might need a backpack and a large trash bag for Big Red....lol
Oh and I am expecting cookies and probably putting up two racist Albinos for auction.

Mishka

inmisawa
03-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Oh and I am expecting cookies and probably putting up two racist Albinos for auction.

:laugh:

Good times!

Chad Hughes
03-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I like ho you're thinking Anthony! :)

I'd be able to attend during or after the weekend of the 23rd. I don't mind the trek back down to San Diego, but I can attend anywhere in LA too.

Chad, I don't know how far you want to go with SWDA, but this may be a good time to look at establishing a charter, offices, etc., if that's the direction we're heading. Especially if we want to consider hosting a NADA convention in the future.

I definately look forward to see you all!

Clearly you and Mishka have pulled off robberies before. I'm glad it's not at my house this time! I am installing two security systems though. One is whole house and the other is video. I'll bust you two! LOL!

LMAO! Ruthless!

Now you are talking Melissa. I will bring a small tank of oxygen. If its at Chad's....We might need a backpack and a large trash bag for Big Red....lol

Mishka

chaoslite
03-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Clearly you and Mishka have pulled off robberies before. I'm glad it's not at my house this time! I am installing two security systems though. One is whole house and the other is video. I'll bust you two! LOL!

LMAO! Ruthless![/QUOTE]

Melissa girl we gotta act quick before we are immortalized on film.:bandana: They would like us too much in prison.

Mishka

Chad Hughes
03-25-2011, 12:42 AM
BUMP!

Just keeping the tread alive! Any ideas on a firm date yet?

inmisawa
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Has anyone talked with Anthony to see if he is still interested in hosting?

Chad Hughes
03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Not personally. I was hoping that he'd pop on here with some input! I'll get in touch with him... If he's not available, any other volunteers? My place is always an option again.

chaoslite
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Well Tripp and I are in. I will see if I can drum up some other people. I only have a 125g at the foot of my bed so my place is out...lol

inmisawa
03-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Well I could probably host, but I'm at the extreme northern edge of LA.

Melissa
03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
When I talked to Kevin (notjustfish) the other day he said he would be happy to host another one, whether it's the next one or the one after it sounded like. Except I don't think he's available in April, he's traveling and visiting Lawrence...

Melissa
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't mind having another one at Chads place again btw! LOL its close by, the food was amazing and there's lots O fishies!!!!

inmisawa
03-25-2011, 02:32 PM
If it's at Chads again I can probably make it. It's just a long haul for us LA folks ;)

Ichthyology
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
YES, I am still interested in hosting a meeting. Let me know. I will be in Cambodia from 12 June - 3 July and then in Peru from 20 July-28 August.....

db2inst1
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Since its going to be in OC, i can be available in April or May.

Melissa
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm thinking early May would work for me... Thoughts anyone? Someone look at a calendar and throw out some dates! Lol or I guess I will....

Come on guys! Remember the fun we had? Let's get this going!

Anthony (Ichthyology)-
What dates would work best for you?
I'm thinking another Saturday meeting?

inmisawa
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
May shouldn't be an issue, but I can't make a 7th or 8th meeting.

roybo
04-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Newbie lookin to see what its all about. When / where? Count me in.

Roybo

Scott293
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
OK now you are all on my list for my next trip out to CA. Just put me up in your fish room and I'll be fine *Wink* :)

WildDiscusSD
04-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Nubee here and I'm definitely interested in attending.

Melissa
04-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Newbie lookin to see what its all about. When / where? Count me in.

Roybo

Not sure when it will be exactly... We all need to get our act together and decide people! Lol and it is going to be in Orange County :) if you want to stay up to date on this thread you should click on the thread tools thing near the top of your screen and subscribe to it so you can receive notifications when new posts are made.

OK now you are all on my list for my next trip out to CA. Just put me up in your fish room and I'll be fine *Wink* :)
Lol! I would have to agree, staying in a fish room would be much better than any hotel out there! LOL

Nubee here and I'm definitely interested in attending.
Hey nubee! :) wild discus eh? You and I should talk! I keep heckels :) well.... I'm trying to keep them any way haha. I would suggest you too subscribe to this thread so you can stay up to date and not miss any new information as it comes in :)

inmisawa
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
So I'm going out on a limb and guessing April is totally out. Anyone interested in shooting for May? My May schedule is looking pretty bad, but I'm sure the show can go on without me. I don't mind helping coordinate a date. Everyone give your thoughts and I'll come up with some dates and it can be voted on.

chaoslite
04-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Ok anyone have a problem with May 14th?

Mishka

inmisawa
04-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Well I know Chad wanted to do these more frequently but it just looks like there isn't enough interest right now. Maybe we should hold off until fall.

skennedysocal
04-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Newbie, sometime lurker here :) I am in Huntington Beach, would love to come to one of these. June, late August/early September are a bit dicey for me (kids out of school, and then getting them back in) but anytime outside of that is great.

Melissa
04-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey hey hey! Is that you Sean! Lol I want update pics of those pups you just picked up when they're settled :)
Welcome to the club my friend!

Allllright people... We need to figure this shizzle out LOL
I'm going to look at a calendar in a sec and I'm sending out PMs!!! Y'all made me do it!!! Lol

inmisawa
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Still waiting on a PM...:computer:

Melissa
05-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry for the delay everyone. You will all be receiving a PM shortly directing you to this post in case you are not subscribed to this thread. I'm taking the reins in organizing the next meeting since I've got the time to do it, and I really want to help get it going and make it happen.
The next meeting will be held here in San Diego again at Chads place. I know it is a bit far for you LA folks, but this meeting will be worth the trip I promise :) the last meeting was a lot of fun for everyone... This time around we are making certain things more organized and structured so we can have things like a raffle, samples of products perhaps... The whole nine yards. I need input to finalize a date to get started actually planning the details and things...

We are looking at June- Saturday or Sunday meeting?

The dates to choose from are the 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th or the 26th....

Of those dates, could everyone please tell us which would work best for you, and which wont work at all. Thanks! :o

Inland Empire Discus
05-05-2011, 07:07 PM
If you make it on a Sunday I should be able to make it. Basically any Sunday would work for me as long as I know in advance.

skennedysocal
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
June 25th - July 2nd I am out of town but the prior two weekends would be fine for me (Saturday or Sunday.) I am hoping to come home with some bushy nose if anyone has some to sell :)

Melissa
05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
June 25th - July 2nd I am out of town but the prior two weekends would be fine for me (Saturday or Sunday.) I am hoping to come home with some bushy nose if anyone has some to sell :)

Im Pretty sure Chad has Bushy Nose for sale ;)

Thanks guys for the info.

So is anyone out there wanting to attend unable to do a Sunday?

inmisawa
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Haha, I hope I didn't put you on the spot Melissa. I was just busting your chops ;) June 25 & 26 are out for me. I'd prefer a Saturday because commuting back up to LA on a Sunday evening sucks.

Melissa
05-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Haha no worries Anthony! I didn't take it any bad way or anything I had actually forgotten! LOL I wanted to do this to get the ball rolling again because I know everyone else is so busy with RL. I'm a stay at home mom and I definitely have time I can help get this together!

inmisawa
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Well I'm glad you have the ball rolling. I think you're a good focal for this group. Not that Chad isn't, but I think you'll do a great job!

chaoslite
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I am pretty much open except for June 18th and 19th.

Mishka

Melissa
05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
We need to hear from everyone considering coming :) Thanks for the input so far you guys... Keep it coming! We'll figure out the date that's best for most people and confirm it with Chad. I would like to have the date figured out within the week if we can do it.

Melissa
05-05-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd prefer a Saturday because commuting back up to LA on a Sunday evening sucks.

Hey, if it turns out we schedule it for a Sunday, maybe you and some other peps can car pool! The drive won't be too bad if you stay late and have lots of fun! :P

Melissa
05-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Based on the responses thus far, it appears the weekend of the 11th and 12th would work.... Come on people! I'm sure there are a lot more of you wanting to attend! Input... Need input... No disassemble number 5!!! Ok... So most of you won't get that and probably think I'm crazy......

Anyway, yeah... Anyone object to the weekend of June 11th-12th?

Melissa
05-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Hmmm... Ok, maybe it would attract more people to get involved if we changed the location? Is San Diego too far for all of you guy? I know Kevin had offered to use his place again and I never made it to that meeting anyway so I'm open to that.... Thoughts anyone?

I sent out like 100 msgs guys! Let's get this party started! I'll make more Short bread Discus cookies!!!

chaoslite
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey, if it turns out we schedule it for a Sunday, maybe you and some other peps can car pool! The drive won't be too bad if you stay late and have lots of fun! :P

Anthony you can carpool with me and possibly Alan. And Melissa I do not object to the weekend of the 11th or 12th.

Mishka

Melissa
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks Mishka :) :)

Haha Im totally about to start spamming people! *in a whine-y voice* I waaaannnaaaa paaaaaarty! Hmph

chaoslite
05-07-2011, 12:01 AM
LOL Sweet. Hit everyone up that is on the California list that reside in SoCal.

Mishka

Melissa
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Doooooo de do de doo deee dodo....

Bump.

Discusgeo2
05-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I am OK with those dates. If it's a Sunday I would need to know so I have time to take Monday off from work.

bolivianram10
05-10-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm open on the dates you are proposing. Just let me know where and when.

Melissa
05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Awesome guys, thanks for the input :) :) :)

Anyone else want to chime in before we finalize the date and location??? I think by Friday this week I'd like to have this sorted out and to start planning things. So if anyone has any schedule restrictions they would like us to take into consideration before deciding the date, now is the time!

FarmerD
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Very busy with new business .... but will keep an eye on this thread. If there is any way I can get down, it would be great to meet you guys and check out some fish. I am in the middle of 400 angelfish fry, so no more tank room at the moment!! Sounds like a good time regardless.

Melissa
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
So glad you're interested FarmerD. :) hope you can make it!

White Worm
05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Based on the responses thus far, it appears the weekend of the 11th and 12th would work.... Come on people! I'm sure there are a lot more of you wanting to attend! Input... Need input... No disassemble number 5!!! Ok... So most of you won't get that and probably think I'm crazy......

Anyway, yeah... Anyone object to the weekend of June 11th-12th?

Short Circuit, great flick.

chaoslite
05-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok the 11th or the 12th is the date. Where is it going to be at?

Mishka

rdub
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
My only thing about Sunday is the traffic coming back up from San Diego. Other than that the dates are fine for me.

Chad Hughes
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Sorry for my lack of presence the past ?? weeks. :(

Thanks to those of you that have pushed to hold the next meeting. It's people like you that make things like this work. I appreciate that a lot.

Sundays are trouble for me as well. Saturdays are best. I'm willing to host another meeting but would love to spread the locations around. If anyone is interested or knows anyone that is interested, please don't hesitate to speak up! WE had one member during the last meeting that stated he'd like to host but haven't had ny luck with follow through.

So, I vote for a Saturday! Who is willing to open up their house to a bunch of dicus freaks other than me? LOL!

All the best!

Melissa
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Too bad my place is too smal, I'd love to help out. I know Kevin is visiting Lawrence overseas right now, so maybe we could have it at Kevins since he had offered in the past... I'll check with him when he gets back in case nobody else can host one :)

Chad Hughes
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks Melissa! That meeting was pretty good and had a great turn out. I think it's a bit more central for most to be able to attend. Kevin was very cracious!

Best wishes!

WildDiscusSD
05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Did I miss it? I'd like to meet others who have discus. I've had my wilds for a month.

Melissa
05-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Awesome! Another person into wilds! :) :)

You have not missed it my friend. We are still figuring out where it is going to be held at, but it looks like it will be a weekend next month... Either on the 11th or the 12th. When everything is set in stone and we have a place, date and time I will send out PMs to everyone who has expressed interest in attending :)

What kind of wilds do you have?

WildDiscusSD
05-31-2011, 10:54 AM
I have 2 Tefe Greens, 2 Painted Japura Greens and 3 Nhamunda blues. How's the project coming along?

rdub
06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
What is involved in hosting the next meeting?

bradley yang
06-13-2011, 04:07 AM
It seems like I just missed the meeting. When is the next schedule?

Melissa
06-13-2011, 04:48 AM
We still haven't figured that one out Bradley lol....

I'm not sure what is involved in hosting a meeting rdub.... Maybe talk with Chad or Kevin (notjustfish) because they have hosted before and they can tell you what's involved.

I can try to give Kevin a call in the morning to see about using his facility again... I know it would be ideal for many of those who want to attend to hold the meeting in the LA area :) :) I'll let you guys know what I find out tomorrow...

I will do my best to get this ball rolling again! :D

rdub
06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I would still like to know what is involved in hosting a meeting. What kind of facilities are required? Would love to host but have no idea what it requires.

We have now missed June. Can we get this on for July?

rdub
07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Has this effort died?

rdub
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Is anyone else here?

nazzman
08-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Haven't logged in for a while so didn't know about meeting plans, but would love to come to the next one. Celebrating my wigglers just now ... Glenn