PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Settings Suggestions?

dcxspray2
03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I just recieved my first co2 reg and am getting it all set up to run on my 60g Discus tank. I also have a ph controller but have no idea where to start as in bps and such, I should probabley mention I also run a wet/dry filter so I have some pretty oxygen rich water but if any of you experienced guys out there have any tips or suggestions I would greatley appreciate it .

jimg
03-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I used to set my reg output pressure at about 20lbs. as long as you have a ph controller don't worry too much about bps. I would just keep it bubbling probably around 3-5 bps don't really know, I did it by eye. a steady stream of bubbles but not boiling like. I adjusted it so it would keep a easy steady flow as to not load the system right away with co2 but keep it steady around 20ppm. and I left it on 24hrs a day only very slight ph drop at night compared to a big swing when it turns on in the am you can use a ph/kh co2 chart/calculator found on line to keep an idea of co2 ppm

lostsoulstav
03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I have my output pressure set at 25lbs. I also got it bubbling at a steady rate but not boiling. Watch your ph controller and try to keep it steady. Adjust as needed. Don't expect the ph to change quickly it will take hours or a days to change the ph if you are taking it slow enough. You want to make sure it will stay where you want and not slowly build up and drop the ph. I had to check on it every few hours for a few days until I got it right.

RudeDogg1
03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
3bps should be fine use a drop checker to keep an eye on the saturation if it stays to blue turn it up a tiny bit if it goes yellow it eeds to come down needs to be a nice green or lime green