PDA

View Full Version : Blind blue ram??

Asparagussy
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi all!
I've had a female blue ram for a few months now, when I purchased her I also got a male. Luckily I quarantined them since the next day both had a bacterial infection. The male died shortly, after the female recovered I put her in my 45 S. American community. Since then she hasn't grown much, she stays mainly near the bottom of the tank and I can see that she's underweight. I feed a good mix of frozen food and once in a while flake, everyone else is fat n happy yet theres always enough to go around. Ive noticed that she doesnt seem to be able to see very well, she doesn't go for food instead she pokes around picking through the sand, also she runs into the wood and plants and sometimes the glass. The way she swims through the plants running face first into them makes me think she may be blind?? Her eyes look totally normal, she will also bump into me and swim into my hand when im cleaning, is this normal behavior for rams my others have always been somewhat skittish. Sorry to ramble on I just wanted to give as much detail as possible, anyone have suggestions or seen this?