PDA

View Full Version : selecting discus

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 04:10 AM
heyy..!

i know that this thread is available to read but was just a little confused about a few things..!! because a lfs has a some red maps for sale and just refusees to let me click them so that i can put them up here to help me choose the best..!

at barely 2.5 in do discus have thicker foreheads ???
do they show their complete colour and pattern ??
are they round ??
and if not then what should i look for so that i pick the right ones ??

Skip
03-17-2011, 07:40 AM
first thing.. is never ask to take pictures.. "you has for forgiveness before you ask for permission".. ;)

at 2.5.. color doesn't matter.. they are young and will not show adult color till later.. i had a pigeon that was very orange.. but now the orange patterns have thinned and he looks more white now.. thats just one example.. if they are round.. young.. they should also grow round as they get older...

i judge the eyes..... when i go to lfs.. (i have only 2 out of 30 from lfs).. but i still look!! ;) i look at their eye/body ratio.. and do they get excited when i put my fingers in the tank...

ps.. take the pic when he isn't looking.. don't ask.. just take.. ;) good luck.. but if your are not 100% sure.. then don't buy!! that is safest way :)

seanyuki
03-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Just sharing.....Walter has a write up for buying discus with pics......great info.

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/beginner/index.html

ericatdallas
03-17-2011, 10:08 AM
heyy..!

i know that this thread is available to read but was just a little confused about a few things..!! because a lfs has a some red maps for sale and just refusees to let me click them so that i can put them up here to help me choose the best..!

are they round ??

If he won't let you take a picture then I wouldn't buy from him. If he had great discus he would want everyone to know about it.

Lenin
03-17-2011, 10:24 AM
If he doesn't let me take a picture I would not buy it, don't mix things up you're the customer.

heyy..!

are they round ??

hedut
03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
round shape, smooth fore head, small eyes, both gill plate open at same time and they don't hidding plus good eater :)

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 10:44 AM
If he won't let you take a picture then I wouldn't buy from him. If he had great discus he would want everyone to know about it.
Hez d best u get here no doubt about it ! N he says that my fish are the best buy if u wish !too

ericatdallas
03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Hez d best u get here no doubt about it ! N he says that my fish are the best buy if u wish !too

Ask him why he doesn't want you to take pictures then?

Skip
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
i am just saying.. DON"T ASK!.. just do! ;) thats what i do at the LFS.. nobody is around.. then SNAP! pic taken ;)

LizStreithorst
03-17-2011, 01:03 PM
If he doesn't want pictures taken he has something to hide. What's wrong with taking a pic? I would go elsewhere. The sponsors here post pics of the fish they have for sale. The price of the fish themselves will be less than what you will pay at a LFS, although you will have to pay shipping charges.

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
If he doesn't want pictures taken he has something to hide. What's wrong with taking a pic? I would go elsewhere. The sponsors here post pics of the fish they have for sale. The price of the fish themselves will be less than what you will pay at a LFS, although you will have to pay shipping charges.
are they going to ship them to india ???

Skip
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM

you are better off getting some from JAPAN and eddies connections! ;)

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
you are better off getting some from JAPAN and eddies connections! ;)

japans in a soup rite now mate..!!

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Just sharing.....Walter has a write up for buying discus with pics......great info.

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/beginner/index.html
i've read it nice article..!
grt info

Skip
03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
japans in a soup rite now mate..!!

can you say.. "DISCOUNT!"..

LizStreithorst
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Oops, sorry. Didn't notice that...

vernon_24
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
can you say.. "DISCOUNT!"..
? ?
Its really sad looking at the catastrophy that has happened ! And it just keeps gettin worse for them !
God be with them !

hedut
03-18-2011, 04:36 AM
you should contact sponsor in Malaysia may may be they will ship to india if you buy large group :)

vernon_24
03-18-2011, 07:33 AM
you should contact sponsor in Malaysia may may be they will ship to india if you buy large group :)
Hmmm i'l try that mayb