PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Question for 100gallon

Hsunami
03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
(About to start stocking within a week Need some Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas)

So i am planning to get 7-8 Discus for my 100 gallon tank. I will first be growing out the discus in a 55 gallon tank then move them to the 100 when they are bigger. I would only like to keep about 6 for the 100gallon and sell off the other 2 incase there is any stunting or what not and deaths.

2nd- I want to stock the 100gallon tank first so that the Rummynose have a chance to grow so they don't end up like cardinals LOL

3rd- I would like to add some Roseline Sharks

1st Question: How long can i keep 7-8 Discus in a 55 gallon growout before moving to 100gallon.

2nd Question: (Keeping in mind the 6 discus are full grown) How many Rummynose Tetras and Roseline Sharks am i able to hold in a 100gallon Barebottom Tank...going to eventually make it planted later.... I have an amount in mind but i rather here from members what they think.

3rd Question: Or would adding a 2nd schooling fish be nicer (Thinking of Lemon Tetras) (So If Possible can i get stocking plans for both) (Something like this) or any other suggestions.

Option 1:
Discus- 6
Rummynose Tetra:
Roseline Sharks:

Option 2:
Discus-6
Rummynose Tetra:
Lemon Tetra
Roseline Sharks:

Option 3?

I will be running an Aquaclear 110 and CA 1000 (Catalina Aquarium) for filtration
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230510837338&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Probably 1 Sponge Filter for Lots of BB

discuspaul
03-21-2011, 04:26 PM
IMO, you can easily keep 7-8 discus in the 55 gal. until they are approx. 4" or so.
For stocking the 100 gal. with the 6 mature discus, 15 to 20 rummynoses, along with the same number of lemon tetras would be suitable. Can't comment on the roseline sharks - never had them, don't know how large they grow, and whether or not they are compatible with discus.

hedut
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
(About to start stocking within a week Need some Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas)

So i am planning to get 7-8 Discus for my 100 gallon tank. I will first be growing out the discus in a 55 gallon tank then move them to the 100 when they are bigger. I would only like to keep about 6 for the 100gallon and sell off the other 2 incase there is any stunting or what not and deaths.

2nd- I want to stock the 100gallon tank first so that the Rummynose have a chance to grow so they don't end up like cardinals LOL

3rd- I would like to add some Roseline Sharks

1st Question: How long can i keep 7-8 Discus in a 55 gallon growout before moving to 100gallon.
What size your discus right now? how many wc are you willing to do? I put 13 discus in 90 gln 25% -50% every day.:)

2nd Question: (Keeping in mind the 6 discus are full grown) How many Rummynose Tetras and Roseline Sharks am i able to hold in a 100gallon Barebottom Tank...going to eventually make it planted later.... I have an amount in mind but i rather here from members what they think.

what size mean full grown? 4" -5" stun ? 7"-8" full grown? or 6" full grown?

3rd Question: Or would adding a 2nd schooling fish be nicer (Thinking of Lemon Tetras) (So If Possible can i get stocking plans for both) (Something like this) or any other suggestions.

make sure qt all tank mates before add them to discus group.
Option 1:
Discus- 6
Rummynose Tetra:
Roseline Sharks:

Option 2:
Discus-6
Rummynose Tetra:
Lemon Tetra
Roseline Sharks:

Option 3?

I will be running an Aquaclear 110 and CA 1000 (Catalina Aquarium) for filtration
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230510837338&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Probably 1 Sponge Filter for Lots of BB

why you wanna buy from other vendor? why don't you support our sponsor here:). I'm sure cheapest and fast shipping :). Kenfish is the sponsor :)

Hsunami
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
hmmm thank you for the fast reply.

So if i wanted to....

6 mature discus
40 Rummy nose??

With the roseline sharks i seen some youtube videos of planted discus tanks with them. They looked beautiful schooling.

Assuming i can't keep roselines. If i can than i understand the rummynose school will go down dramatically.

Or can i keep German Blue rams instead of roseline.

Hsunami
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
why you wanna buy from other vendor? why don't you support our sponsor here:). I'm sure cheapest and fast shipping :). Kenfish is the sponsor :)

I never said i was buying from another vendor. LOL I support all here. Buying food from kenfish too. :)

Rummynose i am planning to buy from snook21 ( i think thats his name) and discus wise i plan i buying from Chad, since hes the closet to me. Kenny i know how beautiful fish too but i wanna first see if any of them has 2-3 inch juvies. If not i'll get it from Hans (when hes ready and fully setup again. (prays for hans and kenny)

Full Grown Discus 6-7 inchs (my opinion)

discuspaul
03-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes, if you wanted to, you could keep 6 - 6" discus, with 30-40 rummynoses in that 100 gal., if nothing else with them.
If you kept Rosalines with them too ( how many? - how large ?), then yes, the number of rummies would need to heavily reduced.
German blue rams are also great discus tankmates.

Hsunami
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Blah nvm, i know i'll just end up turning it into planted when the discus are full grown. Guess it'll be 36 rummy (cause thats how Snookn21 sells them LOL in 12s) and 6 discus when they fully grow up.

k thankx everyone