PDA

View Full Version : 2 foot fern and annubias tank..wont have discus though :-(

toomanyfish
04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Still not complete any suggestions welcomed.
Tank 2 by 1 by 1
Rocks Collected locally
Brown quartz sand
Java Fern and Narrow leaf Java fern
No co2,no ferts
Light 14w t5

Was restricted in the height hence cant have discus in this.Thinking of tiger barbs for this one.
Hamza

jball1125
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Very nice. Maybe something with a bit more attitude like a pair of rams would look nice in there.

TURQ64
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Sharp edges on the rock?..very nice ferns, matey....

toomanyfish
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Thank u all for the comments.
There are no fish in at the moment was thinking of a nice school of tiger barbs.Rams tend to dig and the center rock toppling over would be a risk.plus i have them in some other tanks at home and dont wanna repeat the same fish
I have some more annubias i wanna put in but cant think where..some pieces are as big as the center rock!any suggestions?
Hamza

zchauvin
04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Could try placing some anubias nana along that wide rock on the right. Line the bottom near sand? Or even attach some to the top rear or just behind it in general. Kind of a dead spot there.

strawberryblonde
04-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I can see that tank with Boesemani Rainbows (2...male and female) and the rest Praecox Rainbows. They don't disturb the substrate and shouldn't bother the center rock at all.

They claim that rainbowfish will devour plants, but I have a planted rainbow tank and so long as I only feed them spirulina flake food during the day and toss in a frozen spirulina cube for them to munch on at night they don't pester my plants at all. I have some lacy catfish in that tank that enjoy the cube at night too...so it all works for me. And it's flashy and gorgeous!

SB

stephcps
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Very nice tank!! I think the tiger barbs would be nice in there. Very underrated fish in my opinion. The colors would make a nice contrast and they are lots of fun to watch especially in a nice sized group. I think it will be stunning!!

Harriett
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank u all for the comments.
There are no fish in at the moment was thinking of a nice school of tiger barbs.Rams tend to dig and the center rock toppling over would be a risk.plus i have them in some other tanks at home and dont wanna repeat the same fish
I have some more annubias i wanna put in but cant think where..some pieces are as big as the center rock!any suggestions?
Hamza

Just wanted to throw in that if you 'hardscape' the placement of your rocks before adding the substrate, that puts the rocks on the bottom of the tank. that way diggers can't cause an avalanche when they move sand around.
You are right to be concerned, you have some big pieces in this lovely tank!
Best regards,
Harriett

toomanyfish
04-14-2011, 03:52 AM
thank you all for the comments...like i said its still not completere....there is now a big school of tiger barbs in the tank all in hiding though.

vera
04-14-2011, 04:47 AM
nice !

toomanyfish
04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
finally some shots with fish

Northwoods Discus
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Nice. Your anubias are doing so well. Maybe something to hide your filtration?