PDA

View Full Version : 210 wild discus biotope

thelizardkin
04-16-2011, 03:54 AM
i have a 210g 6',2',30" tank thats going to house wild discus and geos the tank is being moved upstairs tomorow so i can get started right now i have
2 corys
a rafael catfish
1 geo rio pindare
1 wild geo abalios
and 6-7 cardinal tetras
the final stock will be something like
10 wild discus
10 geos
30 cardinal tetras
30 rummynose tetras
15 hatchet fish
3-4 dwarf pikes
3-4 blue rams
and 3-4 plecos
do you see any problems with this stock
the filter will be a 55g sump with 1000gph pump
a uv sterilizer
peat moss
and some random plants
lighting will be 3 250w work lights it's cheep and very cool looking
sand bottom with driftwood and no plants other than floating ones
if you see any problems with this tank please tell me i will post pics tomorrow when the tank is moved

Vee
04-16-2011, 04:03 AM
That's alot of weight for an upper floor.

3dees
04-16-2011, 08:57 AM
if you go with that much light without plants and CO2 you will have major algae problems. I run a single 54w t8 on my 120 gal. with only floating plants for 5 hrs. the rest of the time it's lit by led's. wilds will feel and look better in a low light tank.

roclement
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
That's alot of weight for an upper floor.

Agree! Check you floor bracing!

Rodrigo

TURQ64
04-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Upstairs or downstairs, it's still a matter of how they laid out the joists..excellent is when the joist sits on a plate atop the wall or foundation..unfortunately, some just use joist hangers without also sitting on a plate. If that's the case, stay very close to the wall to keep the load dispersement directly above the joist hangers and their fasteners...Basically, with hangers, everything is counting on the shear strength of the fasteners..

zchauvin
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Upstairs or downstairs, it's still a matter of how they laid out the joists..excellent is when the joist sits on a plate atop the wall or foundation..unfortunately, some just use joist hangers without also sitting on a plate. If that's the case, stay very close to the wall to keep the load dispersement directly above the joist hangers and their fasteners...Basically, with hangers, everything is counting on the shear strength of the fasteners..

Sadly most don't know what anything you said means. If its the second story though they don't use joist its construction beams accompanied by lamented beams, if hangers are used the engineering done will be planned out strong enough to support the weight. If your turning part of the attic into a room then caution is to be taken because 95% of the time its a 2x6 joice

zinfin
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Any update? Were you able to get the tank setup? If so, we'd love to see some pics. :)

northtexaswildbettas
04-22-2011, 10:25 PM
i would love to see some pics as well! sounds awesome!