PDA

View Full Version : Recall of Marine Stealth Heaters

Hoboken Ed
04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I recieved an email on 4/25 from Foster & Smith where I bought mine ,recalling these heaters because of bad wiring that can cause it to over heat and break.

jacjoe
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I received a letter from United Pet Group yesterday about this. Both the Stealth and Stealth Pro included in the recall. Letter says it affects 926,000 Stealths and 236,000 Stealth Pros. I have about five to return for replacement. Of these five I have two that have been replaced once already. That's within the last six months. I will be interested in how long it takes to get replacements. Last go around it was about six weeks.

Joe

jimmyjoe
04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
How did you go about sending them back for replacement, did you need your receipt and box cause I have some that did just that................Jim in Ohio

jimg
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
How did you go about sending them back for replacement, did you need your receipt and box cause I have some that did just that................Jim in Ohio

I just went to petsmart with them no questions asked, i got what petsmart charges for them too, I paid a lot less!

whitedevil
04-29-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11202.html

there you go. petsolutions catalog came yesterday and their normal prices are the refund prices.

They are starting to send labels with fedex drivers on may 5th to collect the heaters.
I turned in a 150w and 250w got 24.99 for the 150 and 27.99 for the 250w.
call the number and wait is the game but under 15 minutes you get a live person who takes your info and gives you options and details.

jimmyjoe
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Thank you guys very much, I have one that I've kept just because it overheated and split on me thinking that this just might happen to someone else. I also have one that I have been using but have always been leery of it and have been watching it whenever I've used it, so I think I'll be returning that one also. Jim in Ohio

Upper Canada
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I called them about 14 days ago, only waited 4 to 5 minutes, and explained that I had 14 heaters, many currently in tanks which required continuous heat. The man immediately entered my replacement order while we talked and I have received the replacements already. No questions asked. I was impressed.

Bob