PDA

View Full Version : Keeping strains

christian1971
05-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Is there any advantage in keeping one strain in your aquarium versus several different ones?:confused:

Skip
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
No...
because..

one man's trash is another man's treasure..

beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

ask not what you can do for your country...

but mostly.. its your money.. your tanks.. your say :)

strawberryblonde
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Advantages of all one strain: You can color and pattern match them with your sofa

Melissa
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
No...
because..

one man's trash is another man's treasure..

beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

ask not what you can do for your country...

but mostly.. its your money.. your tanks.. your say :)

Omg youre cracking me up every tim I turn around today dude!

I personally love the one strain look. But looking back at some old pictures of a tank i kept all different strains in, I do miss it... I think you can't go wrong either way but sometimes people have a preference :)

Melissa
05-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Advantages of all one strain: You can color and pattern match them with your sofa

OMG!!! That's so funny, did you actually do that Toni?

ockyra215
05-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Well It would depend if you you choose say Heckles over domestics a little more to acclimate them to your water quality but other than that its your preference.

moon_knight1971
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
If your goal is not to breed then there's just your preference. Keeping them the same is good if your thinking of possibly breeding them.

Darrell Ward
05-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Personally, I like the one strain look, especially with wilds. That said, all my tanks now have more than one strain because I took down 7 tanks over the winter. :grin:

jimmyjoe
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
My 2 cents would be one strain just to improve what is already a classic, I feel having one strain let's say wild Greens or maybe RSG's and trying to make the best possible of the strain in my eyes is the only way to go. IMO but to each his own, all the best in what you decide................Jim in Ohio

3dees
05-14-2011, 08:33 AM
even for domestics I prefer one strain. many people keep mixed tanks but it's too bubble gum like to me. just my opinion. with wilds most people have a more natural looking tank and one strain looks best.