PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Question

cmich
05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
What would be the best way to connect my overflow to the top of my filter in my sump? If you can see in the picture I have attached it just needs a small piece of 1 1/4 inch tubing- the problem is the connection at the top of my tower in my sump comes up as high as or maybe higher than the bottom of the overflow tube, so rather than the water flowing down from one to the other, it has to go sideways and slightly higher. Would the best thing to do be to make a loop between the two? Thanks in advance.

Blake

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/buzar3bc/c838baa4.jpg

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I wouldnt bother with all that plumbing. Remove what you have on the filter bulkhead. Instead, use flexible PVC pipe (flex pipe, spa-flex, etc).

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/840/Flexible-PVC-Pipe

Looks like they are both 1" bulkheads, so use 1" flex pvc. Fits into standard PVC fittings. Quick and simple. Usually can be found at your local Lowes/Home Depot. Just my 2 cents.

-Ryan

cmich
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
The closer bulkhead of the two is 3/4 inch. I had to cut the pvc in the bulkhead when i moved the tank and the pvc is sealed in. I'm trying to get by without having to pay for a new bulk head or spend any more money really. I appreciate the suggestion and it may be something I would do when I have a little more money. In the meantime, is there any good way to connect the two? Thanks in advance.

Blake

roundfishross
05-18-2011, 11:40 PM
use a coupling on the tank side and go with the spa flex like ryan suggested

Leo

Darrell Ward
05-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Why not just turn the sump around to create a longer run so you can just hook a piece of tubing to it? You'll need a threaded, female adapter, and another barb connector for the tank bulkhead, or course. Or, remove the barb connectors, get a couple of pvc elbows, a connector, and a piece of pipe. Easy, and cheap.

cmich
05-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Blake

DonMD
05-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Looking at the top of the sump, it looks like you've got a black plastic male threaded fitting. Why not take off that white plastic (not sure how it's attached), and thread on a 90 degree elbow. Then if you can move the sump away from the bulkhead, or turn the 90 in another direction, you'd have more space to put your adaptors. Just a thought.