PDA

View Full Version : Aquarama 2011

seanyuki
05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Congratulations to Colin Heng....Grand Champion Discus at the Aquarama 2011.

Hope to see some pics soon.:)

http://aquarama.com.sg/results_2011/results-ifc-discus.html

ferdinand
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Congratulations to Colin Heng....Grand Champion Discus at the Aquarama 2011.

Hope to see some pics soon.:)

http://aquarama.com.sg/results_2011/results-ifc-discus.html

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/GrandchampfishfromCollinHeng.jpg?t=1306444588

Lukan
05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow that is a fine fine spot. Very nice.

chocolatefish
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
the breeder is Collin Heng but the owner Is Michel Capot from the Philippines.

L204emperorflash
05-27-2011, 10:16 PM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/GrandchampfishfromCollinHeng.jpg?t=1306444588

Congratulations to Michel Capot. Let us also give due credit to its owner who groomed this fish to become a grand champion.

Anyone can purchase fish from a good discus breeder but not all buyers can groom their fish to become grand champions.

So the honors should both go to the strain developer, Collin Heng, and the owner (groomer) Michel Capot.

bonifacelan
05-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Congratulation Michel Capot and Colin Heng.

Radiation
05-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Fine looking fish .. very nice

vera
05-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Beautiful fish!
thank u for sharing

Lukan
05-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Capot. Go go go PDS.......

seanyuki
05-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Found this in Youtube by wllm2007......Aquarama 2011....Discus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkovJvrCGIo

Discus_adictus
05-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Congratulations to Michel Capot. Let us also give due credit to its owner who groomed this fish to become a grand champion.

Anyone can purchase fish from a good discus breeder but not all buyers can groom their fish to become grand champions.

So the honors should both go to the strain developer, Collin Heng, and the owner (groomer) Michel Capot.

This is indeed true! Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Michel Capot of the Philippines!

eric tiu
05-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats! Mr and mrs. Capot!
A winner all the way!
Philippines mabuhay!

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Found this in Youtube by wllm2007......Aquarama 2011....Discus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkovJvrCGIo

Thanks for that, Francis. Were you suripised my the lack of a perfect red eye in the winners? I was. Gorgeous pattern on the BIS fish. I wasn't crazy about the fact that the caudal wasn's exactly centered between the ventral and dorsal. Not sure if he would have been my choice or not. Glad I didn't have to pick the winner. Hope to see more pics soon.

seanyuki
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM
For you Liz......red eye and same fish with the permission of Mike Sun to allow me to post it here in SD forum.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/82a7c49e.jpg

enjoy

LizStreithorst
05-30-2011, 10:57 AM
For you Liz......red eye and same fish with the permission of Mike Sun to allow me to post it here in SD forum.

enjoy

Oh yeah, that's better. He'd have been my choice.

Ah, quality...It's all about quality, isn't it? Otherwise, it's just keeping fish. They were all stunners, but the BD really rung my bell, too.

discusvast
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM

enjoy

Francis,
thanks for sharing, snake and spotted pattern well defined in this fish, true champ. congrats Mike Sun.
my choice would be that organ yellow/white and the last one in the youtube the blue snake, stunners.

L204emperorflash
06-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Francis,
thanks for sharing, snake and spotted pattern well defined in this fish, true champ. congrats Mike Sun.
my choice would be that organ yellow/white and the last one in the youtube the blue snake, stunners.

the fish is owned by Michel Capot and the line was bred by Colin Heng. I think Mike Sun only took photographs :p

seanyuki
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Never said the fish was owned by Dr.Mike Sun.........both Colin/Michael join forces to participate in th Aquarama 2011....am I wrong?

the fish is owned by Michel Capot and the line was bred by Colin Heng. I think Mike Sun only took photographs :p

MSD
06-04-2011, 08:36 PM
You have a nice fish there Yuki, when did you get it????

L204emperorflash
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Never said the fish was owned by Dr.Mike Sun.........both Colin/Michael join forces to participate in th Aquarama 2011....am I wrong?

if you can call buying a fish from a fish breeder a collaboration then it is in a way a collaboration. but when awarding time came it was Michel Capot getting the trophy and Michel Capot draping the trophy in his booth with the flag of the Philippines. I am not taking anything away from Colin just stating that it was Michel who grew the fish and groomed it to become a grand champion. Kudos to Colin for breeding the line but we also have to give kudos to the person who made sure this particular fish from Colin's line grew to become a grand champion. Like I said earlier anyone can buy fish from a renowned discus breeder but not every buyer can grow and groom it to become a Aquarama 2011 Grand Champion. So I just want to make sure that Michel Capot also gets the congratulations for the Aquarama 2011 win.

kaceyo
06-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Francis,
That is one beautiful fish. I would love to produce a fish of that caliber. Do you know if Michael bought the fish as a juvie or as an adult? I know some buy their champions pretty much show ready while others take on the task of raising and grooming them themselves.
Thanks for posting the pic above, it's a better pic than the first.

seanyuki
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Kacey......better let Michael Capot explain to us whether he bought it as a juv discus or adult discus......

Hey Francis,
That is one beautiful fish. I would love to produce a fish of that caliber. Do you know if Michael bought the fish as a juvie or as an adult? I know some buy their champions pretty much show ready while others take on the task of raising and grooming them themselves.
Thanks for posting the pic above, it's a better pic than the first.

L204emperorflash
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
When Michel Capot went to Aquarama 2011 he brought with him progeny of the grand champion with the obvious intent of displaying them since Michel had his own discus farm called Discus Ichi Ban and he even had his own booth to show off his discus. I do not know at what age Michel bought his fish from Colin but what we do know is that fish had to be transformed from breeding appearance to show quality appearance. Although the juvenile descendants of the grand champion were in display in the Discus Ichi Ban booth they werent for sale. Only Michel knows why they werent for sale at that time but I would surmise that he may want to propagate the direct descendants before releasing it to the market especially if it had the stamp of being descendants of the Aquarama Grand Champion.

seanyuki
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for giving us yr updates.....Class 3 1st(Grand Champion Discus) 2nd and 3rd came from the same discus farm.....best wishes to Michael/Colin for their contributions to the discus world.

hoping to see more pics of the other discus winners.

Congrats to Ricky Lim winning Class 2....1st and 2nd for his red discus.

kaceyo
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
When Michel Capot went to Aquarama 2011 he brought with him progeny of the grand champion with the obvious intent of displaying them since Michel had his own discus farm called Discus Ichi Ban and he even had his own booth to show off his discus. I do not know at what age Michel bought his fish from Colin but what we do know is that fish had to be transformed from breeding appearance to show quality appearance. Although the juvenile descendants of the grand champion were in display in the Discus Ichi Ban booth they werent for sale. Only Michel knows why they werent for sale at that time but I would surmise that he may want to propagate the direct descendants before releasing it to the market especially if it had the stamp of being descendants of the Aquarama Grand Champion.

Thanks for taking time to fill in some of the history behind the Grand Champ. It makes the win that much more intersting.

Andrew Soh
06-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I would just like to say that Michel Capot had a good eye for that Grand Champion. Reason being, he had a range to choose from and he eyed that fish that happened to be most appreciated by the judges. The common saying goes... "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder".

Hence it doesn't mean that Colin doesn't have better specimens. I am sure he has and I know!!!!

Congratulations to Michel for being Aquarama 2011 Discus Grand Champ!!!!!!!
In competitions, the selection and judging is extremely subjective and definitely a very personal one.
Congratulations to Colin for having the perseverance and now finally paid off......
In my opinion, both Michel and Colin deserve our compliments.

As to why all the offspring from or close relatives of this awesome looking Champ are not for sale, insider's information is that they are all fully booked by Michel customers and Colin's.....and most will arrive on Japan's shore in due time.

The price tag? I don't know but will defintely not be cheap....ha! ha! ha!

Good job guys! That's the way to go!!!!!

Rake care,
Andrew

Lukan
06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
In my opinion, both Michel and Colin deserve our compliments.

As to why all the offspring from or close relatives of this awesome looking Champ are not for sale, insider's information is that they are all fully booked by Michel customers and Colin's.....and most will arrive on Japan's shore in due time.

The price tag? I don't know but will defintely not be cheap....ha! ha! ha!

Good job guys! That's the way to go!!!!!

Rake care,
Andrew

Mr. Soh could have not said it any better.

Both Colin and Mr. Capot deserve Kudos.

The fish is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. At US$10,000 was still not enough. Mr. Capot held on to his prized possession.

I would have done the same thing. Go go go Discus ICHIBAN.

seanyuki
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Aquarama 2011 discus winners

Class 1 solid blue/green

1st Alvin Cher Singapore
2nd KL Kiong Singapore
3rd Kl Kiong Singapore

Class 2 Solid/Red/Brown

1st Ricky Lim Malaysia
2nd Ricky Lim Malaysia
3rd Michael Capot Philippines

Class 3 Red Spotted Snakeskin

1st Michael Capot Philippines (Grand Champion)
2nd Colin Heng Singapore
3st Michael Capot Philippines

Class 4 Red Spotted

1st Colin Heng Singapore
2nd Lawrence Chong Singapore
3rd Jowe Ho Singapore

Class 5 Turquoise Pattern/Stripe

1st Andy Hwang Singapore
2nd Andy Hwang Singapore
3rd Daniel Indarta Indonesia

Class 6 Pigeon pattern/stripes

1st Na Chun Yong Singapore
2nd Michael Capot Philippines
3rd Paul lee Singapore

Class 7 Albino Solid

1st Kenneth Tan Singapore
2nd Lawrence Chong Singapore
3rd Brandon Wu Singapore

Class 8 Albino patter/stripes/Spotted

1st Lawrence Chong Singapore
2nd Lee Chee Fong Malaysia
3rd ?

Class 9 Unclassified Solid Color

1st Na Chun Yong Malaysia
2nd Na Chun Yong Malaysia
3 rd Michael Capot Philippines

Class 10 Unclassified Pattern/Stripes/Spotted

1st Ng Chun Yong Malaysia
2nd Ng Chun Yong Malaysia
3rd Tony Tan Malaysia

A big congratulation to all the winners and participants in the show.