PDA

View Full Version : 3d backgrounds

zchauvin
06-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Any opinions on the best backgrounds for my biotope?? The black paint is just a tad bland to me and I'd like to add a background also to hide equipment. I don't want go have to drain tank and all though.

DiscusBR
06-18-2011, 01:02 AM
If you are using a 3d background, than it seems to me that you do not really have a biotope. I wanted to hide equipment and used AquaTerra's Slimline Mesa Rockwall for my 80g wild discus tank, which you can see in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0AaYNxek90

Since my tank has an artificial background and plants that do not belong to the Amazon (annubias) I would not call it a biotope. But that is just me.

Darrell Ward
06-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Well, I wasn't going to comment here, but after reading your other post about "particles", these things really "trap the crap" behind them. I don't think you would be happy with one.

zchauvin
06-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Ok ill scratch that and enjoy the equipment :)

RudeDogg1
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, I wasn't going to comment here, but after reading your other post about "particles", these things really "trap the crap" behind them. I don't think you would be happy with one.

incorrect if fitted and sealed properly you wont get any crap trapped behind them unless u use them with a water channel behind it which would be the case what ever u use

Hsunami
06-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok ill scratch that and enjoy the equipment :)

or get them sumps going and throw all the equipment in there. LOL Comon petco sale waiting for my 30g