PDA

View Full Version : My discus hurt him/herself

gabloo
06-23-2011, 02:52 AM
While i was doing WC, my discus got scared and bumped into driftwood and hurt itself. I can see some scratchs on his boday and they seem to just chilling not swimming around. What can i do to make him feel better?

mrmole
06-23-2011, 02:59 AM
I would suggest you add some antibiotics and observe.

Hsunami
06-23-2011, 04:02 AM
NO. . . .. you never treat with meds without observing first. The standard is put in QT and meth blue (what ever directions are on the bottle. Believe the bottle says 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons) and 2 tablespoon of salt per 10 gallons.

Please tell me you did not add in antibiotics gabloo

gabloo
06-23-2011, 04:18 AM
No i havn't done anything yet. I m gonna wait for a day till i decided what i m going to do. I am trying to gatter all of my options right now. Hope i will not have to take any of those steps :(.

Hsunami
06-23-2011, 05:02 AM
well the meth blue if i remember correctly helps fight off bacteria and helps promote easier breathing for the fish. And the salt is just for stress relieving. It won't really harm the fish unless you add way to much. If they hurt themselves and start to "tilt" or swim funny its best to start with the meth blue and salt. Just watch them carefully

3dees
06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
it's probably nothing. my wilds scratch themselves all the time. I just add a little salt for a few days and the wound heals up.

wendy9722
06-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I'd just add salt to start. That always helped with healing a lot quicker and wc's.

TURQ64
06-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Yep, salt,and...a good rearranging of whatever they can injure themselves on, as they have many WC's in their future....Gary

gabloo
06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
They seems to better now. They were swiming around with a group so i m happy :P. I will not do much water change anymore may be just stick with 55%.

Thanks for the help guys.

Darrell Ward
06-23-2011, 03:15 PM
When your fish get bumps and scratches, do nothing. If the water is kept clean they will clear up on their own in a few days. Fish heal remarkable fast, and there is certainly no one out in the wild dumping salt and meds into the river!

DiscusBR
06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
When your fish get bumps and scratches, do nothing. If the water is kept clean they will clear up on their own in a few days. Fish heal remarkable fast, and there is certainly no one out in the wild dumping salt and meds into the river!

+1 :thumbsup: When my wilds hurt themselves in driftwood they recover amazingly fast.