PDA

View Full Version : ACA IN MD, WHO'S GOING??????????????

Discus-Hans
06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Okay WHO is going to the ACA in Silver Spring Maryland this year??????????????

http://www.ccadoesaca.com/why.html

Hans

LizStreithorst
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Won't make it this year. Building a fish house instead. It's all your fault, Hansie ;)

Keith Perkins
06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
I won't be making this one either, but I missed you not being at last year's Hans.

Discus-Hans
06-29-2011, 07:20 PM
It's all your fault, Hansie ;)

I know, I know, what ever, always me lol

I won't be making this one either, but I missed you not being at last year's Hans.

I make it up to you. I will be at this one lol lol lol

By the way..................... I asked WHO IS GOING????? Got 2 replies who's NOT going lol lol

roclement
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Me be there!!! Oh yeah!

Rodrigo

Discus-Hans
06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Me be there!!! Oh yeah!

Rodrigo

Now we are talking, bringing any Discus for show??????

Keith Perkins
06-29-2011, 08:14 PM
...By the way..................... I asked WHO IS GOING????? Got 2 replies who's NOT going lol lol

I know, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to harass you one more time about not coming to Wisconsin for the last show.

LizStreithorst
06-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Me be there!!! Oh yeah!

Rodrigo

I'll miss getting to know you in person, Ringo. I'll die before I miss NADA 2012. Try your best to make that one.

(sorry Hans, for that in the middle of your thread)

Larry Bugg
06-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll be there.

Discus-Hans
06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I know, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to harass you one more time about not coming to Wisconsin for the last show.

Let's put it this way Keith, they didn't ask me........... or was it they asked me not too............... it was one of the 2 lol lol

I'll be there.

Larry, same question, bringing any Discus? I want a filled up Discus corner and don't want to do it all by myself...... again..... lol lol

Keith Perkins
06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Hmm, I wasn't invited and I showed up. Guess I'll go with verboten. :D

Discus-Hans
06-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Hmm, I wasn't invited and I showed up. Guess I'll go with verboten. :D

Oepsssss before this get out off controle:

Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Hans

yim11
06-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Tara just said we will book it this weekend so we will be there!

Chad Adams
06-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll be there.

Larry & I will be traveling together to promote the Atlanta 2012 show!
No fish worthy of the show however.
Chad

Discus-Hans
06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Larry & I will be traveling together to promote the Atlanta 2012 show!
No fish worthy of the show however.
Chad

Posted this on the CCA (my home club) forum:

Just a little note here, a show is never full with only WINNERS, but every one who put a fish (or more) in the show IS A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

Now I hear you think, yeah easy talking you won a few, you know what to put in. Let me put one thing straight YES it's nice to win an award, absolute.

But we don't put fish in the show only to win an award, we put fish in the show because it's a fish show, people come from far and spend a lot of money to SEE FISH!!!!!!!

Now please people, club members, friends, put some of your fish in the show, only that way we can speak of a good show. Don't think somebody else will do it.......... THE CLUB IS COUNTING ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hans

Disgirl
06-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I was going to be there, selling clay items as a vendor, but health issues are keeping me home. But nothing will keep me from NADA in Atlanta next summer, promise!
Barb

roclement
06-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Now we are talking, bringing any Discus for show??????

No Hans, just going on Saturday I think, I have to play Friday night and work on Sunday...as of now I believe that Bob and Marc are coming with, it should make for a fun trip!

Rodrigo

Chad Adams
07-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Posted this on the CCA (my home club) forum:

Just a little note here, a show is never full with only WINNERS, but every one who put a fish (or more) in the show IS A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

Now I hear you think, yeah easy talking you won a few, you know what to put in. Let me put one thing straight YES it's nice to win an award, absolute.

But we don't put fish in the show only to win an award, we put fish in the show because it's a fish show, people come from far and spend a lot of money to SEE FISH!!!!!!!

Now please people, club members, friends, put some of your fish in the show, only that way we can speak of a good show. Don't think somebody else will do it.......... THE CLUB IS COUNTING ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hans

Duly Noted Hans.
Makes me think of shows a little differently. Especially considering Atlanta 2012.
I'll see what I can do.
Chad

Discus-Hans
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Duly Noted Hans.
Makes me think of shows a little differently. Especially considering Atlanta 2012.
I'll see what I can do.
Chad

Chad,

I fought my own club to change the plans from only 1 class for the Discus into 6.

Now, we will take care there will be Discus in each class but Discus people come to the show to see DISCUS not 1 class with 3 ~ 4 Discus. I understand people are afraid some times to put their babies trough all of this, but I can't remember I ever lost a Discus from, during or back after a show and you know how we drop & plop,

Hans

yim11
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
From the Capital Cichlid Association Convention website:

Baltimore-Washington International(BWI) Airport has excellent airfreight facilities that are familiar with transporting tropical fish and other live cargo. Convention staff recommends renting a car and using airfreight services at BWI if you intend to bring a significant volume of live fish while traveling by plane. Arrange airfreight service with your airline in advance of your trip!

http://www.ccadoesaca.com/planes.html

DonMD
07-01-2011, 01:09 PM
My wife Joan and I will be there, including for dinner on Sat. See you their, Hans! -Don

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Larry Bugg
07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Hans, are they using 20H tanks? Will the discus tanks have heaters or do I need to bring them myself? Should I bring a seeded sponge?

BOBT00LS
07-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Hans Buddy I will be there and looking forward to seeing you and a few other Simply members face to face.

Bob

roclement
07-02-2011, 09:36 PM
How about we plan a place to meet some Simply people on Saturday? Anyone?

Rodrigo

Larry Bugg
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Well, How about the NADA table.

BOBT00LS
07-02-2011, 10:03 PM

That will work Larry as I have a package for you anyway.

Bob

roclement
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey Al, Simply t-shirts available???

Rodrigo

Discus-Hans
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM

Rodrigo

I think you all should show up in this:

http://www.cafepress.com/DiscusHansUsa

Hey Hans, are they using 20H tanks? Will the discus tanks have heaters or do I need to bring them myself? Should I bring a seeded sponge?

Larry, to shows were I bring my own tanks, I bring a 10 gallon, no heater, only air stone.

Don't feed them 2~3 days before the show.

I put on the online form as tanks 10 or 20 gallon, just what the rest wants, I don't care, I will go with the flow so they can keep all Discus tanks the same, 10 or 20.

Good as it looks now we get a nice bunch of Discus people together there, looking forward to it,

Hans

DLock3d
07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Hans, maybe you could offer a discount on the shirt for anyone who wants to wear it at the show. :)

I think you all should show up in this:

http://www.cafepress.com/DiscusHansUsa

Hans

Discus-Hans
07-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Hans, maybe you could offer a discount on the shirt for anyone who wants to wear it at the show. :)

You should be honored to wear a shirt like that lol lol

Funny thing is we order our shirts there too, it was only for me, Joanne and my worker. After we got so many requests for those shirts we put them online and now you ask me for a discount to wear it??????

Ohhh and yes ladies I will sign the thong with: "Discus Hans was here" if you want but you've to explain that at home lol lol lol

Hans

DLock3d
07-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Lol

Chad Adams
07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Ohhh and yes ladies I will sign the thong with: "Discus Hans was here" if you want but you've to explain that at home lol lol lol
Hans

Now that's funny stuff!

Chad

laborelch
07-05-2011, 11:38 PM

Hans

I'll take your word on that. Ordered & just registered for ACA .... :)

(secretly hoping that thong will be worth lots of money years from now)

terps
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
There doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for the show like there use to be in the past. Not a lot of buzz about it on the popular aquarium forums. I think the terrible economy is really taking it's toll on events like this. It's a good thing they have some strong aquarium clubs in the area.

A sign of the times...

http://www.gazette.net/article/20110706/NEWS/707019636/1007/tropical-fish-world-in-gaithersburg-closes-after-sales-sink&template=gazette

http://www.sacramentopress.com/headline/52952/Capitol_Aquarium_closes_after_52_years

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/1252038.html

http://articles.courant.com/2011-07-06/business/hc-magic-pet-store-closing-20110706_1_pet-stores-pet-supplies-guinea-pigs

I talked to a pet shop owner in PA. He thinks quite a few fish stores will be closing soon. The only reason they are still in business is because they are waiting for their leases to expire. Sad times.

Finman57
07-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah, gone are the days of 600+ people at an ACA like Chicago in 2006.

But we seem to be doing well.
Looks like the hotel is sold out 3 nights.

The clubs around here are still growing. We are up again this year. I think the bad economy actually helps clubs.
We have more than doubled our size in the last 3 years. Getting close to triple.

It does suck about losing all these stores though.

Finman57
07-07-2011, 11:28 AM
We've been doing what we could to sell the convention.
We just put out 2 more videos.

http://www.ccadoesaca.com/videos.html

roclement
07-07-2011, 11:55 AM
You guys are doing a great job! Just different times, that's all. People will be there to see friends, make new ones, and admire some phenomenal fish with gracious hosts!
Looking forward to a great day on Saturday!

Rodrigo

Larry Bugg
07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Doing my part. I have 4 discus registered. Can't dissapoint Hans. Who else is showing discus???

brewmaster15
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Rodrigo

hey Rod... Sure are and the purchase benefits the forum...

T-shirts are availible here...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?60215-Simply-s-Cafepress-Store-is-Open....

and hey since its a weekend long event, you may as well as pick up a t-shirt too, or I guess those going could also pick up one of those cool Discus Hans shirts also. :)

Should have no problem getting them for the show... Try the polos...sweet shirts ...I have one I wear often.

wish I could make it, but i have a packed schedule that week end...

-al

John_Nicholson
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
My wife and I will be there.

-john

2075turner
07-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm planning on making the drive down. Just have to make all the final arrangements for the kiddies, if all pans out I will be there for the Friday/Saturday and return home on Sunday. No fishies entered.

ockyra215
07-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Do you have to sign up or can you just show up and be a spectator?

DonMD
07-09-2011, 11:15 AM
They've gone to a huge amount of effort and expense to put this on, so I'd suggest signing up. It's not too expensive. You may be able to pay at the door. -Don

roclement
07-09-2011, 11:16 AM
we are paying at the door, or at least hoping they let us do that! :)

Rodrigo

DonMD
07-09-2011, 11:51 AM
we are paying at the door, or at least hoping they let us do that! :)

Rodrigo

Hey, Rodrigo, no problem. If they won't take your money, I will! LOL. See you there. -Don

Finman57
07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes, you will be able to pay at the door.
The awards dinner will not be available but you can still register for the convention the day of.

Ockyra 215, you can get in to see the vendors and the fish show with out paying. But not the speakers, awards dinner, hospitality suite and other events.

Yes, it costs a lot to put one of these on. Heck it was $1400. for just one of the speakers airfare. LOL
I am amazed at what we spent just in wood to build the stands.......

Anyway see you all there.

Finman57
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
There is now an overflow hotel since the convention hotel is booked up solid.
http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10385

BOBT00LS
07-09-2011, 12:06 PM
If anyone going to the ACA in Silver Springs, Maryland is interested in any of these :

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?89360-ALBINO-YOUNG-ADULT-CLEARANCE-SALE

Let me know so I can reserve them for you. Even if your not going and live in driving distance I can bring them there for you to pick up. You'll save alot on shipping.

Bob

2075turner
07-11-2011, 09:23 PM

We got the night & place covered....time???

2075turner
07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
How about we plan a place to meet some Simply people on Saturday? Anyone?

Rodrigo

laborelch
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Hans

I feel honored :D

Discus-Hans
07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I feel honored :D

Steffi, you really got me there.

Was nice meeting you and your husband

Hans