PDA

View Full Version : BOD voting now on NADA

ShinShin
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
To all Simply members who are also NADA members:

Voting is currently taking place on NADA and will be running through 7/9/11. Numbers are low compared to the number of members NADA has. Please support your organazation by voting. Three positions are up for grabs.

Thanks,

Mat

ShinShin
07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Forgot the link.

http://forum.discusnada.org/showthread.php?t=657

Mat

LizStreithorst
07-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I voted the other day after a bit of researching and thinking. Always remember that fewer interested ones can be better than a whole bunch who don't care. Still, I hate that the turn out is so poor. In all honesty, I believe that there are very few people who care about furthering the Discus hobby.

jimg
07-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't think the turn out is poor due to people not being interested. Like myself I thought about voting but I do not know enough about the ones running to choose which is better than the other. I think they are all good choices and could not vote one over the other. So i leave that to the ones who know them better.jmo

Skip
07-03-2011, 05:53 PM
it was easier for me.. since i could not vote for myself.. LOL>> so that left me with only 3 out of 4 to vote on :)

Chad Adams
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't think the turn out is poor due to people not being interested. Like myself I thought about voting but I do not know enough about the ones running to choose which is better than the other. I think they are all good choices and could not vote one over the other. So i leave that to the ones who know them better.jmo

Hey Jim,
There is a NADA thread in which the candidates gave short bios. Hopefully that will give you enough info to make choices.
Remember this is BODs for a fish club. While this club is important, it's not a world altering vote. :)
Chad

LizStreithorst
07-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Most, but not all gave their user names on Simply. I looked up their posts before I decided.

Skip
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
are there not more members to NADA!? seems kind of low :/

ericatdallas
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
voted, took so long because I forgot my username and password.

Second Hand Pat
07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I voted.

yogi
07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
If you can't find your user name and password send me a PM with your first and last name. I'll find you in the NADA system and reset your pasword and PM you back. Because of work it could take a few hours until I get back to you.

LizStreithorst
07-05-2011, 11:48 PM
are there not more members to NADA!? seems kind of low :/

There are lots of members of NADA. Most don't care, They became members to get into the show. That's why I feel that fewer can be better. If we have only the people who care most vote, there will be a better result. It ain't about numbers. It's about caring for the future of our hobby.

ericatdallas
07-05-2011, 11:59 PM
There are lots of members of NADA. Most don't care, They became members to get into the show. That's why I feel that fewer can be better. If we have only the people who care most vote, there will be a better result. It ain't about numbers. It's about caring for the future of our hobby.

I'm not sure if it's that they don't care, it's just that most people don't constantly monitor NADA forums. There's honestly not much going on there and most people hang out here. Even then, it gets boring hanging out here all the time if you have nothing to say or are tired of answering the same n00b questions. Not to mention, I'm sure other members are on other sites (other discus forums, other aquarium forums, etc). I would say Simply is the premier site to be at, but not the only one.

If you can't find your user name and password send me a PM with your first and last name. I'll find you in the NADA system and reset your pasword and PM you back. Because of work it could take a few hours until I get back to you.

No, I got it. I just used my e-mail. Thanks though.

Silver
07-06-2011, 01:32 AM
I voted yesterday :)

it was easier for me.. since i could not vote for myself.. LOL>> so that left me with only 3 out of 4 to vote on :)

I did notice you didn't vote for yourself lol. so I gave you a vote.. :) good luck..

Skip
07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I voted yesterday :)

I did notice you didn't vote for yourself lol. so I gave you a vote.. :) good luck..

Silver.. thanks.. but i feel it is not appropriate for me to vote for myself.. so i did not.. thats just me.. i am a giver.. :)

I still have 12 hrs to make a comeback, RALLY CAPS!!!!!

http://elucidatingenglish.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mets-rally-caps.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3N82SwiMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TA42woVsqc

ShinShin
07-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi all,

Didn't vote yet? No worries. Voting date extended yet again. You still have time. Voting is now secret for your own protection.

Mat

on NADA aka Larry Matincheck