PDA

View Full Version : Angels in Community 75 with eggs

DLock3d
07-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Yeah, so when I picked these two up about 5 months ago, I pegged them for male and female. After seeing their breeding tubes. One pointed one blunt. I'm pretty sure I was right. They've been acting like a good pair for the last week or so but I couldn't see any eggs. Turns out they were on a leaf that wasn't exactly visible from my angle. So anyway, here I am with no idea on what to do with angel eggs. ha ha. I'd like to at least try my hand at raising them. I'll check in the AM and see if they've hatched. I've read so much about discus breeding that I'm not even sure where to start on angels.

John_Nicholson
07-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Pictures....we need pictures...

-john

j_li8
07-14-2011, 10:49 PM
They are very easy to raise in relation to discus. I must say I have never had any discus eggs yet, only angels, so I say that based on what i have read on the forum. Just ask Al what happens when angels start to breed.

DLock3d
07-15-2011, 10:29 AM

YAY!!! They laid again! Part 2 of my breeding experiment with Angels. I'll probably be moving them to their own 10 gallon shortly. If all goes well, I'll have angels to give away in the DFW area.

John,

Here they are, what are they?

John_Nicholson
07-15-2011, 02:19 PM
"Here they are, what are they? "

there eggs.......LOL

Oh the fish...they look like golds, but golds never have any black on them so they are more than likely gold marbles. They are unique because they have such little black. Sometimes genetics can be funny...we once had a albino angel with a black dorsal.

-john

DLock3d
07-15-2011, 02:23 PM
"Here they are, what are they? "

there eggs.......LOL

Oh the fish...they look like golds, but golds never have any black on them so they are more than likely gold marbles. They are unique because they have such little black. Sometimes genetics can be funny...we once had a albino angel with a black dorsal.

-john

Regular comedian over here... ha ha I love the look of these angels. I've never been super impressed by a lot of angels but when I saw these I had to get them.

runner
07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Who are you moving? The parents or the babies? A 10 is ok for the babies for a while ,but the parents would be better off in a 20.
Jay

DLock3d
07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I'll probably move both initially. Once the babies get comfortable and I feel capable I'll put the parents back in their tank. I'm just experimenting. I fully expect to make mistakes.

DLock3d
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Well, second attempt failure. Still no heartache lol. I know this takes awhile and I'm OK with it. The wrigglers fell to the floor of my 10 gallon BB. So I moved the parents from the 75 Community to the ten gallon in hopes they'd get them in order. Well they did, the fry are all successfully together in two spots. The females stomach and the males stomach. Attempt three, I think I'll just leave both Angels in the 10 gallon until they go free swimming. If they choose to eat them at wigglers then I'll take them out after eggs are laid on attempt 4.