PDA

View Full Version : EFU-35 Reaction 4 Stage Canister Filter????

coralreefer68
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Looking at this from kensfish.com to replace my HOB Emperor 400. Anyone have any experience with his canister filter........EFU-35 Reaction 4 Stage Canister Filter?

Thanks,
John

coralreefer68
07-09-2011, 05:12 PM
ANYONE???????????????????

mungkee
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I've never heard of that filter. Would parts be hard to find? What size is your tank?

roundfishross
07-11-2011, 06:28 PM
looking at the specs it seems really overated. I dont think less than 300gph will cut it on a 175g tank. fwiw it looks kinda like a marineland knock off.

coralreefer68
07-11-2011, 06:44 PM
My tank is a 75gal, I have never heard about this and I have looked up some reviews that state the following:
•Well priced canister filter.
•Integrated self-priming.
•Integrated quick disconnect shut-off valve.

Cons
•Mininal UV wattage and dwell time.

Description
•4-in-1 canister filter with the potential for mechanical, chemical & biological filtration.
•Integrated self-priming lever
•Up to 4 individual trays hold media.
•5 watt UV lamp.
•Quick disconnect shut-off valve.
•Includes filter floss, filter sponge (except EFU-25), 500 grams activated carbon, and 500 grams ceramic bio-filter rings.

Guide Review - JBJ Reaction 4-Stage Canister Filter Product Review

The JBJ Reaction 4-Stage Canister Filter is a 4-in-1 canister filter with the potential for mechanical, chemical & biological filtration, plus a built-in UV sterilizer.
The EFU-25 was designed for aquariums up to 100 gallons, has 2 trays, a 4 liter media capacity with a maximum output of 198 gph. The EFU-35 was designed for aquariums up to 150 gallons, has 3 trays, a 6 liter media capacity with a maximum output of 250 gph. The EFU-45 was designed for aquariums up to 175 gallons, has 4 trays, an 8 liter media capacity with a maximum output of 290 gph.

This canister filter has an integrated self-priming lever which eliminates the need for manual siphoning.

It also has an integrated quick disconnect shut-off valve which creates a watertight seal that stops water from entering or exiting the filter.

The UV light has a separate ON/OFF switch which allows for independent control of the 5 watt UVC germicidal lamp.

The canister packages include: Fine Filter Floss Pad(s), Coarse Filter Sponge (except EFU-25), 500 grams activated carbon, and 500 grams ceramic bio-filter rings.

I figured that if it was being sold by Ken, it should be a legit product............any other thoughts????

atitagain
07-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't have one but a friend of mine that works at a LFS does and says the JBJ support is really not that good when she has had problems with the filter and getting parts is a challenge.

Second hand info though....

coralreefer68
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback, still not sure if I want to try it or not. Does anyone think asking Ken his opinion would be acceptable?

John

atitagain
07-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Absolutely, I would go one step furrther and ask him what his feeling is about others in the same price range.

Everyone that posts about him says he's honest and offers great customer service.

coralreefer68
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the help Marc............