PDA

View Full Version : Back from Georgia

Second Hand Pat
07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm back from a four day trip to Helen Georgia, my sisters and I hosted a 80th Birthday Bash for my parents. My daughter and I drove up on Friday and came back today.

If you think you have a good relationship with your kid. Try 9 hours in the car. She and I had a blast and shared one of the rental trailers in the RV park my parents summer in.

The discus survived very nicely in the 100 gallon and were hungry when I got home. The QT is another story. The night before I left one of the smaller uatama blues started the darting/whirling I have been treating for two months. I culled it, treated the tank and had hubby feed lightly with medicated flakes for the last four days. Tonight two of the fish do not seem to be eating but all have good color. I will do a huge WC in the morning and will see how it goes.

Darrell Ward
07-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Glad you had a safe trip. Dang, all this crazy discus whirling crap I'm reading about on the forum is making me nervous!

Second Hand Pat
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks Darrell and I understand the concerns. I did not mean to start a trend :(

Darrell Ward
07-16-2011, 08:11 PM
LOL! It was not your fault. It has got me thinking though about the origins of this condition.

Second Hand Pat
07-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Thinking about that is a little scary. Makes you wonder what is happening with the wild populations.

Darrell Ward
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
You know, in Southeast Asia, a favorite technique for catching reef fish for commercial sale, was to pour cyanide in the water to stun the fish, and make catching them simple. The fish usually recover in a few hours from this, due to the dilution from the water. Long term effects on the fish, who knows? It probably ain't good. It is supposed to now be illegal because of the potential damage to the environment. However, in Southeast Asia, the law is not black and white, but shades of grey. Makes you wonder what they may be doing to catch Discus when no one's around in Brazil?