PDA

View Full Version : aggressive discus

angelskyglory
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
i have a discus that is about 4 inches and it will chase away the 2 discus whom are about an inch smaller, but will not chase the other who is about 5 inches. instead it will follow the 5 inch one around. is this a sign of them trying to pair up? because the 5 inch discus could care less about any of the others. thanks.

pcsb23
07-29-2011, 02:16 AM
i have a discus that is about 4 inches and it will chase away the 2 discus whom are about an inch smaller, but will not chase the other who is about 5 inches. instead it will follow the 5 inch one around. is this a sign of them trying to pair up? because the 5 inch discus could care less about any of the others. thanks.Sounds possible. If I have done my maths right, 4 is not a great number to have, better off adding one or two more if you can - after qt'ing them of course! :)

angelskyglory
07-30-2011, 01:01 PM
well there are actually 6 in the tank. the two i did not mention are about 2 inches and no one bothers them, but 2 are promised to my mom. so tomorrow i have four new ones i will be getting since the other 2 will be leaving soon. i already have a pair of blue diamonds in their own personal tank.. they both got aggressive, i just dont understand why just the one would get aggressive this time (btw the aggressive one is the one pictured in my avatar). i guess i will just see what happens.

Skip
07-30-2011, 01:10 PM
discus.. its what they do.. pecking order stuff.. they will be fine

JL15219
07-30-2011, 01:28 PM
discus.. its what they do.. pecking order stuff.. they will be fine

+1

Darrell Ward
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
+1

Yep.